medicom lost jack shepherd figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just don't think that straight human likenesses are the strong point for Medicom (and yes I own many of their products, not just SW). But this figure, Hannibal, and some others regular guys just don't work as well (for me) because of stylization/simplification of the sculpts.

Whereas figures like Ghost Rider, Kenshiro, Goku and others are really top-notch.

I just don't think that straight human likenesses are the strong point for Medicom (and yes I own many of their products, not just SW). But this figure, Hannibal, and some others regular guys just don't work as well (for me) because of stylization/simplification of the sculpts.

Whereas figures like Ghost Rider, Kenshiro, Goku and others are really top-notch.

This is already a gazillion times better than their Hanibal figure, imho.

I should have just quoted Entropy Chicken. Either we are related, or you put the psychic whammy on me.

:lol Great minds eh....

I'm sure there's someone out there that loves the beginning of season 3 and hates the rest of it. They have horrible taste but I'm sure they're out there.

What did you think of the Jack's tattoo episode YoNoSe? Personally I thought it was one of the worst to date, especially that I was so looking forward to the explanation of Jack's tats and it turned out to be so lame.

thanks for the comments on season 3, wasn't sure if I wanted to waste time and watch them if the season was just more of the same. Guess I'll give it a try. BTW, medicom's rah 301 is probably perfect for that korean guy in Lost. (dont remember his name, was it jing?) wonder if medi is planning more lost figures.

I completely agree. I really like the Death Note figures, but realistic likenesses are something they really need to improve on. But I also agree this is much better than Hannibal just still not up to snuff.

His name's Jin BTW.

:lol Great minds eh....

I'm sure there's someone out there that loves the beginning of season 3 and hates the rest of it. They have horrible taste but I'm sure they're out there.

What did you think of the Jack's tattoo episode YoNoSe? Personally I thought it was one of the worst to date, especially that I was so looking forward to the explanation of Jack's tats and it turned out to be so lame.

It was aa let down. I would love to see them save it by making the tattoo mean something else....as in, Jack does NOT know what it really says. But I can't read kanji so I don't know what it actually says. It could also change by context, obviously. That's up there with the "charlie is crazy!" episode as one of my least favorites.

I'm certainly not seeing a "cartoony" or "stylized" sculpt here; I like it and that's all that really matters for me. As for the suit look, I wouldn't be surprised to see another version as an exclusive of some type.

...and I really appreciate you guys keeping the discussion very civil. :clap

Foxy is a tough guy to sculpt. Mcfarlane scanned him and it's still thier weakest Lost figure. I like this sculpt, but I'm on financial lockdown since this is the Year Of The Samaritan for me. Hopefully they make Sawyer and Charlie next year.

I'm certainly not seeing a "cartoony" or "stylized" sculpt here; I like it and that's all that really matters for me. As for the suit look, I wouldn't be surprised to see another version as an exclusive of some type.

...and I really appreciate you guys keeping the discussion very civil. :clap

I think this one is more simplified, which sometimes I think is part of their style. His features just don't look sharp enough... a little too generic. Especially for what is in essence a generic looking character (guy in suit).

Not that its perfect, but I think the McFarlane sculpt is closer.

lost_jack_photo_07_dp.jpg

Here's a page showing and explaining Foxy's tattoo: https://www.ece.neu.edu/~xzhu/lost_tatoo.html

"Eagles high up, cleaving the space" or "Hawk in the expansive sky"

They covered up the large one with the 5 for scenes before his wedding, and it shows up again after that. Possibly representing his "counting down from 5 when feeling fear" thing though not confirmed.

normal_donoharm061.jpg

I definitely see Fox in there and I'll probably get him. Hopefully they'll do a Locke as well.

As for the the anti-Medicom feelings here - I think that's a myth perpetuated by those Medicom fans that continually bash Sideshow and sometimes project a condescending attitude towards other companies. I have a lot of Medicom figures and think they do some things, like Anime characters, very well.

That said - I would have preferred HT to have pursued the LOST license. Their Prison Break figures are unsurpassed and they're more in scale with the majority of my collection.

LOST fans can't get a break. First the McStatues, now Medicom, it seems we can't get figures that fit in or interact with a majority of other product.

Yay!!! I´m glad somebody else got the LOST license.

I really like this figure. Of course the likeness is not 100% Jack/Matt but being just a toy/figure I really like how it looks and on its Medicom toy style it looks a lot like Jack from LOST ,IMO

My only question now is: does anybody now the release date of this figure? I have searched Medicom´s website but cannot find it :confused:
I´m a Jack, LOST and Mathew Fox fan so I´m buying it for sure :) (plus I do like it, of course, :lol I just hope the final product isn´t a lot worse)

Edit: another question, can somebody suggest me the best (cheapest) online websites where to buy Medicom figures?, I have never bought anything from Medicom before so I´m quite lost, lol

The more I think about this the sadder I get.:monkey2

I would have been down for some HT Lost figs for sure. The only reason I passed on the Prison Break figs was that I didn't watch the show. They look amazingly life like though.

Part of me is glad Hot Toys didn't get the license. I really don't need to collect yet another line, especially for an ensemble show like Lost. Plus I really doubt either company would/will produce all of the Losties and I don't care for stand alone figures too much. So that's my rationalization for not buying and I'm sticking to it. :D

Part of me is glad Hot Toys didn't get the license. I really don't need to collect yet another line, especially for an ensemble show like Lost. Plus I really doubt either company would/will produce all of the Losties and I don't care for stand alone figures too much. So that's my rationalization for not buying and I'm sticking to it. :D

Whatever helps you sleep at night. :D

But imagine how cool a whole set of Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Locke, Charlie, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Claire & Aaron, Desmond, Ben, Mikheil, .... Rose & Bernard, ... Nikki & Paulo... would look on a shelf together.

Yay!!! I´m glad somebody else got the LOST license.

I really like this figure. Of course the likeness is not 100% Jack/Matt but being just a toy/figure I really like how it looks and on its Medicom toy style it looks a lot like Jack from LOST ,IMO

My only question now is: does anybody now the release date of this figure? I have searched Medicom´s website but cannot find it :confused:
I´m a Jack, LOST and Mathew Fox fan so I´m buying it for sure :) (plus I do like it, of course, :lol I just hope the final product isn´t a lot worse)

Edit: another question, can somebody suggest me the best (cheapest) online websites where to buy Medicom figures?, I have never bought anything from Medicom before so I´m quite lost, lol

the release date is aug, 08. there is not one online retailer that constantly has the cheapest medicoms. sometime you have to hunt for the best prices. also, not all medi are priced the same, some are retailed for $99 (X3 wolverine, SM3 etc) and some are $150.(star wars, mostly) your best bet is
check them all. BBTS currently have some medi on clearance, so you might find some cool deal there.

One more note, very few online site carries all the medicom releases. hobbylinkjapan carries most of them, so does hobby search. I have only dealt with hlj, it was pretty easy and simple.

GUYS!!! He looks like Luke Wilson!!! For Reazzle gizzle jizzle.

Medicom is cool sometimes but I don't really like my sculpts so cartoony. Give me real or give me Tonner!!!

Maybe they could change it to a VACANCY release in which case a Kate Beckinsale would be right behind it.:monkey5

:rotfl

Back