Medicom Kick-Ass 2 figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Great review! Medicom has so much potential but they ruin it with such a high price tag. I bought their Harley Quinn and Cammy figures and while nothing particularly bad they come off poorly due to such a high price. If they dropped their figures down to around $150-160 they'd be amazing but sadly they are average at best.

Just to note that date on the review says 2013.

While a lot of folks (me included) have been and continue to be hard on Hot Toys and Sideshow for the rise in prices over the last couple years, it was Medicom that had gotten there first. And while I own a fair share of their figures, it's pretty rare that one has the extras to really warrant the cost.

And about 2013 - it makes sense...to me...that I'd screw that up, because right now I'm working my way through the 2013 reviews in the update. Figures I'd have that on my brain!

I think the whole 1/6 industry needs to rethink price point vs quality. I know I'm slowly moving on out of 1/6 because of it. Right now I am mostly finding value with unlicensed figures.

I think we're already seeing some level of adjusting - Hot Toys was creeping up into the $240 - $250 range for a regular release, but I've noticed that the last couple have started to drop back to the $220. I assume they are trying to find that sweet spot where they don't leave profit on the table for the secondary market to steal, but still sell through their run within a reasonable amount of time.

And HT is seeing figures just not sell... getting a 50% off coupon from Sideshow for 12 or so different HT figures is pretty crazy. And when I was at my local Hastings they had Zod for $96, Tonto for $82, the Medicom Hit Girl (2nd movie) for $92 and the Enterbay Jordan for $105 :lol Each figure was over half off the retail price, and the Enterbay was more like 60% off.

I'd be pretty surrprised if we don't see Kick Ass on a deep discount before too long... not a bad looking figure, but no way he's worth that kind of money.

I just got the Medicom Kickass figure from an ebay seller the other week.

Total was $152 shipped. I was lucky to win the auction at the last moment. Worth the $152 price but any more than $180 would've been a tough choice.

Back