Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread

Ok and if I decide to glue it afterwards is super glue ok or will it damage the body

According to the internet Superglue will not eat through the vinyl material.

yep super glue is going to work just fine! that's what I used and no problems whatsoever. like ed said, the suit is made of vinyl not rubber so all should be ok

I begining to wonder if this is a common occurance with this type of rubber /vinyl suits I mean I just bought it and in 5 min this happened.

I begining to wonder if this is a common occurance with this type of rubber /vinyl suits I mean I just bought it and in 5 min this happened.

I think it's just the Medi. I got mine used but in mint condition, and it came unglued when i got it. It's not a big deal though imo.

The ironic thing I went with the Medi because I wanted to avoid the whole oil leaking HotToys DX issue and bang guess what.

Still this is my first 1/6th figure he seems kind of thin in the chest.

Alright guys he's back up for sale. Here's all the specs on him. PM me for price and payment details. I want this to go to someone who will appreciate it it so i'd rather let it go to one of my fellow DC freaks here rather than just anyone who comes along. Will let it be here for the weekend, the change it to the FS forum on monday.

Here's the list of mods:
1. Widened the head and torso and the neck
2. Repainted the entire body in a dark wrought iron color to get the variations of blue, grey and black we sometimes saw in the film
3. Repainted the batarangs, belt, grappling gun, as well as the holster I made for it
4. Repainted the carbon fiber areas to as correct movie accurate pattern as possible
5. Sculpted the abs as correctly as possible
6. Repainted the gloves a dark black and glossed up the trim, finger tips and knuckles as well as shortened the wrist pegs so the joint won't show
7. Added a movie accurate cape in style and material (velvet kind of material on the outside and nylon kind on the inside) with wire brought cape for poseability
8. Repainted the mouth area
9. Horizontally cut about 3/32 off the carbon fiber pieces on the biceps so they could be in line with the straps like they're supposed to be
10. I added the straps that connect the chest piece to the shoulder plates which then allowed for the shoulder plates to be glued down in a more curved way
11. Flattened the chest plate
12. Magnetized the belt for sticky bomb pump gun which is also included.
13. Added movie accurate batarangs

SAM_0953.jpg

SAM_0958.jpg

You should wait until you get the DX before you ditch the medi.

Then decide if you just want the one. :)

Keep both.

IMO, you put too much work into it to just sell it.

plus I think you should try the MeDiX mod.

And since your Medi torso is already pretty great, use it along with the DX pants and arms to make a Sonar figure.

Very true...maybe I will wait

And since your Medi torso is already pretty great, use it along with the DX pants and arms to make a Sonar figure.

I'm not going to hack up my DX. Paid too much money for it to be chopped up. Maybe I'll just keep looking for a DX torso to improve on my medi then sell one depending on which one I like more. I only have one joker so I definitely only see reason in having one TDK Batman. But who knows...just depends on if someone buys it before the DX arrives

This is a good idea.

I'm not going to hack up my DX. Paid too much money for it to be chopped up. Maybe I'll just keep looking for a DX torso to improve on my medi then sell one depending on which one I like more. I only have one joker so I definitely only see reason in having one TDK Batman. But who knows...just depends on if someone buys it before the DX arrives

I think he just means put the sonar head on the medi body.

I think he just means put the sonar head on the medi body.

Well he did say use the DX arms and legs for a sonar batman so I just assumed that he thought I should do the medix...

Anywhoo, sorry Ed if that sounded like it was harsh or angry tone, that dude in the CM Superman thread pissed me off

Ah, yes. I missed that. Anyway, you could just put the sonar head on the medi.

Or you could just sell it. :dunno

Ah, yes. I missed that. Anyway, you could just put the sonar head on the medi.

Or you could just sell it. :dunno

Lol you sound like you don't want me to sell it bud? :lol

The main reason of trying to sell it, is so what I get from it can go back in the bank from what I took out to pay for the DX. Otherwise, I'd keep it. Alas, architecture supplies aren't cheap :(

We don't want you to sell it. You put too much work into it man.

Well, I hate to see you sell it, because I do wish I had the Medi.

I would buy yours, but I want it stock. I like the stylized look of the medi, and would buy it for that. Same reason I bought the medi Joker.

Yes. That too. :lecture

Thanks man...like I said, we'll see.

Well, I hate to see you sell it, because I do wish I had the Medi.

I would buy yours, but I want it stock. I like the stylized look of the medi, and would buy it for that. Same reason I bought the medi

Well I could get it damn near close back to stock if you'd buy it :lol there would just be a few things that would have to stay how they are, like the widened head, the adjusted bicep plates and maybe the chest plate. Easy as pie! :lol man am I a poor salesman :lol

Back