Medicom Dark Knight Batman - Photo Thread -

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this thread dead? Anyhoo, here is my head and neck mod, plus a repaint on the mouthpiece and touch ups on the eyes.

19836800210_0cae8cb2f7_c.jpg

19777234200_126448166e_z.jpg

19938929966_a998e758e7_z.jpg

Last edited:
Finally finished with all the mods I could think of, repainted the cowl and face and added the HT Armory belt. The head is truly magnificent!

Again, special thanks to Gipetto0812 & TheFiend for taking their time to guide me. I really wouldn't be able to go trough it without you two!

23027728419_53d9f976a3_c.jpg

23369546376_d0daedcac8_c.jpg

22768535623_d3e63b3406_c.jpg

23027724329_606041d302_c.jpg

23395694415_d06534f286_c.jpg

Last edited:
Well done, Ryan! Is this your first time repainting something? It looks very good.The neck came out well too. Have you considered doing the chest or are you done?

Well done, Ryan! Is this your first time repainting something? It looks very good.The neck came out well too. Have you considered doing the chest or are you done?

Many thanks to you buddy! I have about 3 years of painting experience. As for the chest, I already cut out the black peg inside and tried to get the piece as flat as possible, but I don't think it's as good as it could be. I wonder if I should boil the chest piece instead?

Glad Fiend and I could help you out dude!

turned out really good Ryan :clap there are days when I miss my custom medi bats. now just slap on a custom cape and you'll be good to go! :yess:

Though the times when I tried to kitbash my own "Medix Batman" from HT and Medicom parts, are now long gone, I decided to at least repaint the Medicom headsculpt that has been sitting on my shelf the past couple of years, just for the excercise of it. In addition to full repaint it was also widened for better accuracy. I've achieved a sublte motting effect on the skin, of which I was quite proud of, though it's subtle enough that it doesn't show very well on the photos.

I am not sure if it's the ultimate TDK headsculpt, but it definitely bears some aspects of Bale's likeness and the cowl's shape, that sculpts from other manufacturers lack.

SG9kkTM.jpg

lI6h9DM.jpg

8KHjElw.jpg

hIbb3bB.jpg

8mkSOph.jpg

RHh3klV.jpg

vDafKb1.jpg

l1FQGgd.jpg

Looks good.
Funny thing is, I took my so called crappiest medi joker ever, and turned him into the best joker I've ever seen. So good in fact that I sold my dx11. Extremely underrated sculpt that looks awesome repainted. Some of the clothing was an issue, but an easy fix with a couple bought parts, mainly the overcoat and the grey jacket. Everything else was fine.

Though the times when I tried to kitbash my own "Medix Batman" from HT and Medicom parts, are now long gone, I decided to at least repaint the Medicom headsculpt that has been sitting on my shelf the past couple of years, just for the excercise of it. In addition to full repaint it was also widened for better accuracy. I've achieved a sublte motting effect on the skin, of which I was quite proud of, though it's subtle enough that it doesn't show very well on the photos.

I am not sure if it's the ultimate TDK headsculpt, but it definitely bears some aspects of Bale's likeness and the cowl's shape, that sculpts from other manufacturers lack.

Superb work! I love the Medi cowl and I'm content with my modified figure.

Looks good.
Funny thing is, I took my so called crappiest medi joker ever, and turned him into the best joker I've ever seen. So good in fact that I sold my dx11. Extremely underrated sculpt that looks awesome repainted. Some of the clothing was an issue, but an easy fix with a couple bought parts, mainly the overcoat and the grey jacket. Everything else was fine.

Intriguing! Did you kept the head? Do elaborate more!

Superb work! I love the Medi cowl and I'm content with my modified figure.

Intriguing! Did you kept the head? Do elaborate more!

Yeah, the head is jus a repaint. To me it's the best sculpt out there. I only say that because every single sculpt HT did always lacked in some sort of way, making the question if it did in fact look like ledger, and/or something missed the mark. Although the medi isn't so true to ledger 100%, it has a great likeness.
And also, I did not spend too much time messing with all his clothing before taking the pic. I just took him off the shelf and snapped a quick pic. The clothing sits nice on it with a little touch up .

Last edited:
Back