Medi Jack Sparrow repainted/ weathered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KamenGuyver

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just did the repaint and weathering for my Medicom Jack Sparrow over the weekend. I try to give him a tan skin tone as in the movie.

The sculpt is decent, but the outfit is just fantastic.

As usual, comments are welcome. Thanks for looking ~

MediJS1.jpg

MediJS2.jpg

MediJS4.jpg

MediJS5.jpg

MediJS3.jpg

Looks really good !!!I'll agree with you, the outfit is what makes this figure.

I don't know but for some reason he looks more like Antonio Banderas now, perhaps it's the whites of his eyes.

Thanks for the kind words and comments. I myself actually think he looks like Marc Anthony :lol

Great work kg!

I recently had mine repainted and weathered and will be posting pics here soon. Bottom line: great figure, amazing outfit, needs an eye tweak/repaint and weathering but definitely worth it. Dark artist did a superb job with his too! :D

The head looks much better repainted and I'll probably get mine repainted should I get one. One thing I'd like to know about Medi-Jack is does it require much "futzing" with once out of the box or is it good to go straight away?

pjam said:
Great work kg!

I recently had mine repainted and weathered and will be posting pics here soon. Bottom line: great figure, amazing outfit, needs an eye tweak/repaint and weathering but definitely worth it. Dark artist did a superb job with his too! :D

Thanks a lot. Definitely share when you get yours. It is very inspiring looking at other people's work.

bcm77 said:
The head looks much better repainted and I'll probably get mine repainted should I get one. One thing I'd like to know about Medi-Jack is does it require much "futzing" with once out of the box or is it good to go straight away?

It actually also look good straight out of box, but it's skin tone is too yellow and outfit is clean. Other than that, it's a great figure.

It looks great out of box... I love the skin tone... if you feel like you need to repaint it then go for it... some people feel that they can do better then the production figure.. like what KG did... and it works... but I for one love how it is out of box.

Great work KG, love the repaint.:lol :rotfl

snakebeater said:
It looks great out of box... I love the skin tone... if you feel like you need to repaint it then go for it... some people feel that they can do better then the production figure.. like what KG did... and it works... but I for one love how it is out of box.

Great work KG, love the repaint.:lol :rotfl

Thanks buddy :D

Yeah. I agree it is already pretty good out of box. Especially the fabric and tailoring of the outfit are fantastic. That's something you need to have the figure in person to appreciate it.

I've got DA's repaint, and it looks wonderful. I should take some pics...

I've also been commissioned to do my own repaint of Captain Jack, so I'll be sure to post pics of him when he's all done.

Thanks for the suggestions from different people and I have made some changes. I hope it will improve the overall look a little bit. Comments are always welcome.

Time to move on to the next. :D

MediJS6.jpg

MediJS8.jpg

MediJS7.jpg

Customikey said:
I've got DA's repaint, and it looks wonderful. I should take some pics...

I've also been commissioned to do my own repaint of Captain Jack, so I'll be sure to post pics of him when he's all done.

I am always enjoy looking at other people's work. So, yeah, please post your jack and DA's when you have chance.

Very nice work KG! It's interesting to see another approach at this figure. He was a lot of fun to paint, and the weathering was a blast.

I think you got the eyeliner better than I did... I tend to go overboard around the eyes... :D

Thanks a lot Anakin and DA. Glad you like what I did.

DarkArtist81 said:
Very nice work KG! It's interesting to see another approach at this figure. He was a lot of fun to paint, and the weathering was a blast.

I think you got the eyeliner better than I did... I tend to go overboard around the eyes... :D

I didn't really do better job on the eye shadow than you did because I think captain Jack's eye shadow changes from time to time. Sometimes it is thick and sometimes it is very thin and light. Yours is just different approaches. It looks good either way.

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess you are right about that... Anyway, it's always cool to see another approach taken. And I love what you have done. Looks a lot better than the figure right out of the box, and that's what we are all going for... :D

Now, I'm really interested to see what Mikey does....

After reading the responses to my question about the figure earlier in the thread I did a little shopping around on ebay and was able to order Medicom Jack for approx £62 shipped to the UK which is a lot better than the £139.99 that Forbidden Planet have it for :D

Back