ME ME ME!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived!!!!

In hospital bed right now wife and family just departed.

Penis catheter went in was removed this morning but now getting it again :gah:

Kidney removal successfull.

I’m a mess Murphy lol
--

After reading that, I winced in unbelievable discomfort as empathy and sympathy.

Hang in there.

Here is a little something to keep you preoccupied.

tenor.gif

Supposed to be a place of recovery :slap
Something's seriously wrong when the patient and not the health professional has to be the one with their best interest at heart. You'd think post op care should have been the easiest part of this ordeal. Sorry to hear this Jye. Unbelievable :mad:

Something's seriously wrong when the patient and not the health professional has to be the one with their best interest at heart. You'd think post op care should have been the easiest part of this ordeal. Sorry to hear this Jye. Unbelievable :mad:
They keep asking me about my pain level but it doesn’t matter because they cut my medicine to just over-the-counter Tylenol so even if I say a pain level of 10 out of 10 they’ll still only give me over-the-counter Tylenol so I asked them just now what’s the point of asking me for the pain severity number if you’re no longer going to give me stronger controlled substance medicine.

They said if I have more pain to just speak up.

But I gave them a high pain number and they still only administered over the counter tylenol I mean isn’t that speaking up isn’t that the purpose of the number?

I give up get me out of here and home to my 80” TV so that I can watch anything but Avatar lol

Last edited:
God bless the NHS! It has it's flaws, but I can't imagine having to deal with insurance and itemised prices at a time like that.

My old man is director of trauma and surgery so I can talk hospital lingo. I‘ve had to advocate for my 1yo daughter when nurses thought we were being histrionic parents by asking for scans when they triaged her with a cold (scans revealed pneumonia, attending doctor then switched the nursing staff). More recently the hospital discharged my wife with paracetamol when she had a bulging disc and had been on morphine for the previous 8 hours. The changeover staff didn’t believe her pain rating. I was switching car spaces - came back in and demanded benzos for sleep and endone for pain. Each time I wondered how often they get away with this B.S. with typically compliant patients.

The cost is never an issue in Australian hospitals as we have universal healthcare - it doesn’t stop people from being ****ing idiots though.

Round 2!

I asked the RN for tylenol iv and it didn’t come so I asked for an update and the same person that I had the heated discussion with earlier about my discharge came to the room and said that the tylenol iv is over $1,000 a shot and that i’m no longer eligible for them I have used up my allotment for my stay!

I was like….

View attachment 576273

I have never had anyone in a hospital bring up the cost of an item to me and tell me that i’m not eligible due to cost.

Needless to say i’m super upset.
Isn't someone from the surgical team checking in to monitor your recovery? I can understand if the lead surgeon only makes one initial visit, but usually a member of his/her team will continue to check in on your progress until you're discharged. And your stomach wall was cut - surely that means they need to have a plan in place to get you on solid foods first? Unbelievable. You or your wife should contact the doctor's office so they can read the riot act to this "hospital discharge representative". Stupid effing bean counter. When my wife had knee & hip replacement surgery handling solid food wasn't an issue, but pain management was and there was no questioning her assessment/rating of her pain level. And when she was released it was with a detailed pain management plan and plenty of strong painkillers, antibiotics, etc..

Isn't someone from the surgical team checking in to monitor your recovery? I can understand if the lead surgeon only makes one initial visit, but usually a member of his/her team will continue to check in on your progress until you're discharged. And your stomach wall was cut - surely that means they need to have a plan in place to get you on solid foods first? Unbelievable. You or your wife should contact the doctor's office so they can read the riot act to this "hospital discharge representative". Stupid effing bean counter. When my wife had knee & hip replacement surgery handling solid food wasn't an issue, but pain management was and there was no questioning her assessment/rating of her pain level. And when she was released it was with a detailed pain management plan and plenty of strong painkillers, antibiotics, etc..
Just met with the surgical team they are making adjustments :slap

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery Jye.

Did you see that James Cameroon even marked the occasion by releasing the first teaser trailer for the new Avatar movie you've been wanting to see for the longest time too. If they refuse to give you anymore pain meds just but book of boba back on, at least that will numb your brain if nothing else!

Glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery Jye.

Did you see that James Cameroon even marked the occasion by releasing the first teaser trailer for the new Avatar movie you've been wanting to see for the longest time too. If they refuse to give you anymore pain meds just but book of boba back on, at least that will numb your brain if nothing else!
And here I thought Jye was already in enough pain.

Pain Scale 8/10!

On my way home! :yess:

Thanks everyone for joining me on my journey and being there for me it was very much appreciated! :hi5:
Great news! I hope you received some good drugs to tide you over. I just noticed we have almost a full prescription bottle of Oxy on the shelf. I'd send it to you but I don't want the Feds coming after me for interstate trafficking of narcotics. :lol

Great news! I hope you received some good drugs to tide you over. I just noticed we have almost a full prescription bottle of Oxy on the shelf. I'd send it to you but I don't want the Feds coming after me for interstate trafficking of narcotics. :lol
Mark it

“Bravomite or Bust!”

From

“Your Pal School Teacher Darth Snoopy, Enjoy!”

then send it to the DEA asking if they can approve it for USPS delivery lol

They also started 2 large bore IV’s in my freaking wrists…both of them!

If anyone knows how painful that is you know what this means :gah:

I was a medic….I know!

0168E61C-EEBB-40BA-B349-CA9EBA2074DB.jpeg

181BF04F-4D67-4CF3-8297-D828CFDD5165.jpeg

The anesthesiologist couldn’t even start the iv’s without first injecting lidocaine!

Even with them out my wrists are still pretty sore.

Oh well no wrist action for me I guess….

I'm sorry you've been going through all that. Hope the rest of your recovery goes smoothly. Better to be at home, at least.
Thank you and it feels great to be with my family home in my pajamas and blanket with them holding me and…….

and of course I get a fever when I get home comfortable in bed :slap

Good to know you are home.

I think with surgery the logic is you might as well be at home in pain instead of the hospital.

I also think they are always worried about drug seekers which is stupid if you just had surgery and had no history of that to begin with.

Try to focus on the good… no more cancer kidney

Back