Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is all good but why can't we have a Batman 1989 figure of Bob the Goon or Pat Hingle's Commissioner Gordon, the man was in all 4 Batman films?

Clooney actually looks like Clooney.

And it is cool that that's the very first ever movie accurate Clooney Batman that I'm aware of. Kenner/Hasbro never did one this well.

Of course, it remains to be seen in the actual toy will look that good.

The rest of the likenesses....not so great.

The Kilmer one looks pretty close to me, as well. I’m definitely not seeing Keaton, Bale, or Affleck in any of those sculpts.

Overall, it’s a neat box set. I like the idea of including the Bat Signal and having the different shaped Bat Symbols for the signal.

It would be cool to maybe see a follow up set with the Returns version of Keaton, Begins Bale, the Panthor Suit version of Kilmer, the Ice Armor Clooney, and one of the many other Affleck Batsuits.

The Batman & Robin wave is kind of a surprising choice. I really don’t have much nostalgia for the movie. Not trying to hate on it to pile on because everyone knows but even as a kid I didn’t enjoy it that much.

The Batman & Robin wave is kind of a surprising choice. I really don’t have much nostalgia for the movie. Not trying to hate on it to pile on because everyone knows but even as a kid I didn’t enjoy it that much.

Yeah, “Batman and Robin” was kind of a surprising choice for an entire wave imo, although the renders look pretty nice.

I wonder if McFarlane has any plans for making waves of any of the first 3 movies. Someone else had mentioned that Bob and the other Joker goons haven’t been made into figures much at all. In fact, I think the Toy Biz Bob figure is the only time any of them have had an action figure.

Personally, I’d love to see a “Returns” wave. I don’t think there’s ever been a movie accurate version of Penguin made in a similar scale.

Considering every other figure in the McFarlane cinematic Batman 6 pack is a re-use, (well, Clooney is soon to be a re-use), I think it's fairly safe to assume that the Kilmer Sonar Batman figure will get re-used in a future Batman Forever wave. So I think it'd be a good bet that McFarlane will do a 92 wave in the future too.

That’s exactly why I’m not buying that 6-pack.

I really want that Kilmer and Clooney, but I don’t want another ‘89 Batman or the Pattison, Bale, and Affleck.

If it was all new, like Returns 92’ Keaton, Begins Bale and BvS Affleck, then I would have bit.

I just want these two. These costumes have never been done justice in a 6 or 7 inch scale.

3  Batman Returns.jpeg

kilm.jpg

I don't know why it's so hard. Nobody seems to want to do it, or be able to. Mattel's attempt at the Kilmer suit was a pathetic fail.

Unfortunately, I don't think McFarlane can pull off decent likenesses at his current level of production. He also seems to be willing to fudge costume accuracy, so that's no good.

The wait.....continues.

Definitely buying the Batman & Robin wave and the BTAS wave. Between this and characters like Lord Death Man in the '66 line and the Bat-Gyro in the Super Powers line, I'm having nostalgia overload. Really excited for this stuff!

What does McFarlane do with the unsold SDCC exclusives, that is if they have any left over?

I don't have many DC Multiverse McFarlane figures (maybe 10 or 11 all Batman & Superman), but I've always wanted a Doomsday but have never liked any previous ones. I ordered the Target exclusive 2pk in case it sold out, which it hasn't, and figured I'd wait for reviews to decide if wanted it it or not.

Didn't even know it got shipped and it was delivered today. Holy hell Doomsday is incredible looking!! He's huge. Haven't opened it cause I have no idea where to put him.

Surprised there haven't been any reviews. Or why I got him so fast.

I just want these two. These costumes have never been done justice in a 6 or 7 inch scale.

View attachment 651362
View attachment 651363

I don't know why it's so hard. Nobody seems to want to do it, or be able to. Mattel's attempt at the Kilmer suit was a pathetic fail.

Unfortunately, I don't think McFarlane can pull off decent likenesses at his current level of production. He also seems to be willing to fudge costume accuracy, so that's no good.

The wait.....continues.

Yeah, unfortunately the headsculpt on the Mattel Kilmer Batman killed that figure. I was excited when they announced that they were making it, but it seems like toward the end of the Mattel run, they were having a lot of difficulty producing a Batman cowl with ears that didn’t look ridiculous. I don’t know if safety standards had changed between when they Started DC Universe Classics and when they switched over to Multiverse, but it seemed like somewhere along the line they had to start making the ears on the cowl really blunt and it looked really dumb.

Back