Action Figure McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for the hell of it ..I checked my amazon account on my 89 gold label Batmobile/89 order and now it says right now it is saying “arriving tomorrow by “ but I haven’t gotten charged yet and no tracking info is sent to me yet

Has anyone gotten any different updates on your orders?

Worst one in the set is either the Bale or Affleck. Next is the Battison.

The TDK figures suck. They look like wrestling figures. Weird proportions. Interrogation Joker with the table and chairs looks like he should be in a WWE ring playset.

Keaton’s neck is weird and they were lazy not painting the emblem.

Stand out is Kilmer and Clooney. Clooney is the most accurate to all of them as far as sculpt goes. Love the boots. Some artist on Instagram customized his three and they look way better.

View attachment 658823
View attachment 658824
View attachment 658825

Stand out is Kilmer.

View attachment 658827
What I’m annoyed with is why on the 89 Keaton version is the cape pushed far back..I get that they want to do the folding around the shoulders look but 90% of the film the cape draped around his shoulders as with any or most Keaton 89 Bats figures in any scale in the past…How could Mcfarlane botch this

Also is there a copyright in place on the usage of Batman Forever …why is every new Kilmer based figure only the Sonar version..why are there no companies tackling the Kilmer Panther suit version he used most of the film :dunno

FYI..the reason I call it the Panther suit is Schumacher called it that when he made the film…he wanted the batman to move and seem like a panther in the night

Last edited:
Got the 89 set earlier~
Major improvement with paint (or lack there off) between car and canopy. Drawback? Plastic flaws galore. The new hubcaps rock. As for Batman, it's weird being able to turn his head. lol Usual McF articulation but an awesome figure.
As for the Flash '89 Batmobile I had to repaint? Decided to turn it into an homage to the Camo Attack Batmobile from the Kenner Batman Returns line~

Attachments

• DSCN3291.JPG
    DSCN3291.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3311.JPG
    DSCN3311.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3312.JPG
    DSCN3312.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3298.JPG
    DSCN3298.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3316.JPG
    DSCN3316.JPG
  • DSCN3309.JPG
    DSCN3309.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3310.JPG
    DSCN3310.JPG
  • DSCN3319.JPG
    DSCN3319.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3290.JPG
    DSCN3290.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Got the 89 set earlier~
Major improvement with paint (or lack there off) between car and canopy. Drawback? Plastic flaws galore. The new hubcaps rock. As for Batman, it's weird being able to turn his head. lol Usual McF articulation but an awesome figure.
As for the Flash '89 Batmobile I had to repaint? Decided to turn it into an homage to the Camo Attack Batmobile from the Kenner Batman Returns line~
Is there no way to make his cape closer to his emblem

It is possible to get the cape on the Keaton figure closed to his emblem. It takes lots of pulling and futzing, but it IS do-able. This is the 6-pack version of the figure, FYI.

IMG_3691.jpeg

IMG_3671.jpeg

IMG_3677.jpeg

I do think the 'over-the-shoulders' style looks better on the figure though.

IMG_3670.jpeg

Just as I thought …got an email from Amazon this morning..saying my GL 89 Batmobile and fig is delayed :angryfist:

Just as I thought …got an email from Amazon this morning..saying my GL 89 Batmobile and fig is delayed :angryfist:
I got the same message. Couple of days ago it said “arriving august 31” now I just got an email telling me to “approve”.

Funny how the scalpers and flippers have in hand photos on eBay of theirs. How come their orders didn’t have a problem?

I got the same message. Couple of days ago it said “arriving august 31” now I just got an email telling me to “approve”.

Funny how the scalpers and flippers have in hand photos on eBay of theirs. How come their orders didn’t have a problem?
Did you check out Aregen’s in hand pics a few spots above.. how did he get his on time

Yeah, I saw it. A few collectors on Instagram and Reddit got theirs too. So odd. I ordered on July 7th the day they went up.

What I’m annoyed with is why on the 89 Keaton version is the cape pushed far back..I get that they want to do the folding around the shoulders look but 90% of the film the cape draped around his shoulders as with any or most Keaton 89 Bats figures in any scale in the past…How could Mcfarlane botch this

Also is there a copyright in place on the usage of Batman Forever …why is every new Kilmer based figure only the Sonar version..why are there no companies tackling the Kilmer Panther suit version he used most of the film :dunno

FYI..the reason I call it the Panther suit is Schumacher called it that when he made the film…he wanted the batman to move and seem like a panther in the night
Has nothing to do with copyright. The companies just choose not to do it for whatever reason.

Mattel made him back when they had the license,

CA6AD1A4-ED83-4BD8-BABE-92EA25EFEF66.jpeg

0C333C06-3E10-47C0-A746-2C873A93C90E.jpeg
C02B75AD-22B9-4639-A11B-342D750E66E5.jpeg

Last edited:
DiFabio, you madman. You repainted the Mafex Dark Knight Triumphant to black? Looks cool! And you customized the Mattel Kilmer's face.....but you didn't add bat-nipples?? What's wrong with you? I demand bat-nipples!!

batnips.jpg

Put the mezco head on the 89 bats and it looks great. You can just barely see the edges of the hole where the original emblem was, but you'd have to know what you're looking for to see it, and it's only noticeable from the side at certain angles

batman.jpg

Put the mezco head on the 89 bats and it looks great. You can just barely see the edges of the hole where the original emblem was, but you'd have to know what you're looking for to see it, and it's only noticeable from the side at certain angles

View attachment 661778
Looks 1000x better 👌🏻

The big question is... How difficult was that emblem to remove? 😆

Looks 1000x better 👌🏻

The big question is... How difficult was that emblem to remove? 😆
Haha thanks. It wasn't pretty. The hard part was actually the cowl. I just ended up clipping it off with some wire cutters. and then cutting down the neck area to make it sit flush. Then I dug a channel into the torso for the magnet to sit in. Right now it's just held in with some putty, but I could fit a magnet in there at some point. The emblem popped out with just a little force and you could also put a magnet there if needed

I finally got my Amazon Exclusive 89 Batmobile and it's glorious! I know some have remarked that it's just a cheap hollow shell but the plastic is substantial and this thing is heavy. I love the Keaton Batman figure it came with, the collar and head could've been made one piece to be more accurate to the movie, I still prefer it this way with a fully articulated neck. They could have included pop up machine guns and have the engine slide out as features like the 1:18 scale Hot Wheels version, but I'm still very happy I was able to get one and quite impressed with the quality for the money. I hope everyone that wants one will be able to pick one up for retail someday.

Well look what showed up..while I’m watching the games .on football Sunday …..I forgot Amazon delivers on Sundays :LOL:

Last edited:
Back