Masterpiece Grimlock for pre-order at bbts-rumored Devastator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got that message from BBTS and it's cool of them to do it as they could have kept quiet and continued to charge the original price.

Jump on it while you can 'cause knowing BBTS they will increase their price down the road as demand increases and supply drops

Once Grimlock is released overseas, how soon do you think it will take BBTS to get him in?

Now the question is how much more will it be to buy Grimlock from an oversea Ebay seller? It will probably be around $180 ($150 + $30 shipping), which is about ~$20 more than to get it delivered from BBTS. Is $20 worth it to get it a couple of weeks earlier?

Once Grimlock is released overseas, how soon do you think it will take BBTS to get him in?

Now the question is how much more will it be to buy Grimlock from an oversea Ebay seller? It will probably be around $180 ($150 + $30 shipping), which is about ~$20 more than to get it delivered from BBTS. Is $20 worth it to get it a couple of weeks earlier?

Y E S !!!! :naughty

Can someone explain the difference between Masterclass and a regular transformer?

Thanks!

Masterpiece: The definitive ultimate version of the toy. The most G1 accurate, detailed and portioned version of the character. Very complex and satisfying transformations that stay somewhat true to the original G1 toys. Very expensive $100+ and usually only released in Asia. More of a collectible than a toy.

"Regular": All other transformers toys that you can find in your local TRU, Target, Walmart, etc. Ranges from $5-$50.

Is the Masterpiece Optimus Prime noticeably better than the 20th anniversary edition that came out a little while ago? The Grimlock looks superb!

IMO yes.

If you want one make sure you get the MP-4 Prime that includes the trailer. It's well worth the extra money.

I don't have it myself but having seen one in person I can vouch for the quality of the MP-04 set.
I had one of the TRU versions for approx 2 hours before I returned it as it had really bad paint apps and some kind of fault with one of the joints which caused part of one of the legs to constantly fall off which hampered posing it in robot mode lol!

The MP-01 and MP-04 versions also have the longer smokestacks which aren't on the US versions because of the safety laws so are a bit more accurate.

Yeah, there is just something that feels better about the Materpiece versions. I had the 20th anniversary figure (first release) for a couple years before upgrading. I was happy with the 20th, but after getting the Masterpiece I much preferred it.

I can't imagine an MP Devastator, but if true, sign me up! That would be a Transformer geek dream come true! :banana

I'll buy any G1 MP release. They are the ultimate representation of the G1 characters for me.

Would love to see a Soundwave as well.

Can't wait for this. Too bad I already sold my MP-01 Prime about a year ago. Oh well, can't have everything.

Looks like Grimlock may come with a 'Crown' accessory judging by one of those pics?? This is as good as bought imo. I'll be displaying him in Dino mode for sure. Here's hoping he'll be in proportion to Convoy, rather than the disappointing size of Starscream...

Oh yeah...my TF MP wet dreams are...Galvatron, Shockwave, Fortress Maximus & Devastator:drool:drool:drool:drool

Is the Masterpiece Optimus Prime noticeably better than the 20th anniversary edition that came out a little while ago? The Grimlock looks superb!

The paint job on the takara version, in particular the color, is what REALLY sets it apart from the US version imo.

I would be VERY suprised if the Constructicons sets happen as six new molds plus the extra bits for Devastator would likely cost too much to produce though if it happened I'd definitely get it.

I think Soundwave is more likely as there's an easy repaint option (Soundblaster) and if they made the tapes they could reuse at least 2 molds (Rumble/Frenzy & Laserbeak/Buzzsaw)

Other characters I'd like to see get the MP treatment are,

Shockwave
Rest of the Dinobots
Bumblebee

Back