Marvel Select ASM Spider-Man re-paint, movie accurate.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerCam251

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This is a repaint of a Marvel Select ASM Spider-Man to be more movie accurate. I know there are alot of opinions on what is the most accurate such as silver eyes, yellow eyes, reflective eyes, etc. etc. I chose promo pics and posters that I liked the most as my reference.

To start off the blue originally on this figure was horrendous I repainted it with a "Gundam Marker" primary blue GM06 [200]

Next the web shooters (gloss red for the LED) and shoes where painted silver with Tamiya Chrome Silver X-11 and the eyes as well with a bit of Mr. Hobby Gloss Black H-2 to make it a tad darker.

I went over the black lines with the gloss black to round it out and make them stand out more.

All in all I am very pleased with the outcome. The original paint was a sad excuse for a Marvel Select, I mean come on my 3 3/4 ASM has silver web shooters and shoes from the manufacturer :lol

The first pic (it may be sideways, photobucket :slap) is the "before" and the following ones are the after repaint. Thanks for looking.

spidey1-1.jpg

spideyrepaint1.jpg

spideyrepaint2.jpg

spideyrepaint3.jpg

spideyrepaint4.jpg

spideyrepaint5.jpg

The mini bust from Gentle Giant has yellow eyes too DST must have been given an early paint guide where the eyes were yellow.
Your re-paint looks great though i realy like the sculpt and size of there Lizard figure.

Thank you! Yea I dunno why the early concepts were yellow, I can see where they would've gotten it from but sheesh IMO yellow is horrible on a Spider-Man :lol

Back