Marvel Main Events (Spoilers) [Currently Heroic Age]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Secret Invasion Discussion (Spoilers)

I believe that is a normal Skrull

skrull__scaled_600.jpg

Just made to look more "scary".

As for Cap, I believe it was said by Bendis that Cap, IM nor Spidey were Skrulls but then he said "in my books" which is an odd follow up.....

And now I feel silly. Personally I think Cap is dead and I think to bring him back as a Skrull or having been in Skrull stasis would be a massive insult to the fans. Personally I'd like to see a proper return around issue 50 of the Brubaker book or else the Cap from the upcoming Avengers/Invaders mini series gets stranded in our time, whilst the others go home. Since there's no Cap here, the timeline cant get screwed up (as opposed to having 2 Namors from different times running around)

The whole Skrulls have been here for decades is a bit of a cop out I think on Marvel's part to easily undo anything done since the 1960s and brings the dangerous aspect of making things worse possibly. I find it though very interesting that Spider-Man and Captain America whom were both big easy undos have been excluded from the Skrull count by one of the writers himself....

I HOPE cap stays dead, but i just don't see it.
best case scenario, is having bucky wear the flag, and leaving steve rogers in the ground.
No way marvel will let Cap stay gone.

Didn't Bucky already take up the mantle?

Cap issue 36 has a fella that looks like Rogers in some sort of tank.

just throwing this out there. Anyone taking bets that Cap was a skrull when he died? Easy reserection if they go that route.
Could also make Iron man into one to undo what he did in civil war.

While I agree it would be an easy undue for Cap's death (since I am guessing Mephisto can only alter reality once a year :rolleyes:), it makes no sense in terms of story. Why would a Skrull Captain America surrender? If he was there to sow the seeds of conflict between the superheroes, he would have continued fighting - I just don't see a Skrull stopping the fight because a few humans got crunched in the melee. Plus, while the sniper didn't actually kill Cap, he did take a chance of getting hit when he pushed the police officer out of the way. Once again, why would a Skrull risk his mission for a human?

But, there is a way to bring Steve back in this story line. The prelude released today shows the Skrulls are looking for Nick Fury. I really believe Nick knows what's going on and disappeared in order to set up the resistance. If that's the case, what's to say, he didn't go to Captain America - the only person he really trusts, and work out some kind of fake death. That way, the Skrulls would assume Steve was really dead and not be prepared for the two of them to return. Sure, speculation, but since we KNOW Steve will be returning in time for his motion picture next year, I would rather see something of this nature than a clumsy return later on.

While I agree it would be an easy undue for Cap's death (since I am guessing Mephisto can only alter reality once a year :rolleyes:), it makes no sense in terms of story. Why would a Skrull Captain America surrender? If he was there to sow the seeds of conflict between the superheroes, he would have continued fighting - I just don't see a Skrull stopping the fight because a few humans got crunched in the melee. Plus, while the sniper didn't actually kill Cap, he did take a chance of getting hit when he pushed the police officer out of the way. Once again, why would a Skrull risk his mission for a human?

But, there is a way to bring Steve back in this story line. The prelude released today shows the Skrulls are looking for Nick Fury. I really believe Nick knows what's going on and disappeared in order to set up the resistance. If that's the case, what's to say, he didn't go to Captain America - the only person he really trusts, and work out some kind of fake death. That way, the Skrulls would assume Steve was really dead and not be prepared for the two of them to return. Sure, speculation, but since we KNOW Steve will be returning in time for his motion picture next year, I would rather see something of this nature than a clumsy return later on.
Like peter parker selling out his wedding and marriage to save aunt may?

WHen has common sense ever stopped Joe Q before?:rotfl

One could say that certain Skrull replacements were getting to human and beginning to take up their impersonations as if they were actually those people prompting the need for a full Skrull Invasion to ensure that years of secret spying didn't go to waste. The Captain America Skrull lost himself in his assignment and screwed up.

But did not revert to Skrull form, hence, Cap is not a Skrull.
Throw that idea out.
His death may have been faked, but he definately was not a Skrull.
But who is in the tank at the end of Cap 36???

True, just spitballing ideas.

sispread.jpg

Confirmed Skrulls:
Hank Pym
Dum Dum Dugan
Jarvis

I really hope this doesn't turn into something stupid like Spidey's Clone Saga.

I don't want to learn later on that some top-tier characters that have been around for years were actually replaced by Skrulls in the 70's or something like that.

Where are those 70's-80's style Marvel characters coming back from? SECRET WARS II?

The Wolverine outfit is actually from his early early days with Alpha Flight and with his first encounter with the Hulk.

All right what the ^^^^ is going on??? Are the arriving 70s/80s heroes supposed to be Skrull replacements that finally got here or something??

seems like they are making it out to be that the "heroes" have been skrulls the whole time, and only now, have the REAL heroes returned home. and how many of the returned heroes have died at one time or another?

maybe elektra never came back to life after Bullseye killed her. maybe it was a skrull the whole time

The costumes though are from different eras not all from one specific one.....The Phoenix costume versus the 1st Appearance Wolvie versus the slightly more modern Emma....were the Skrull replacements done over time???

that seems likely. probably as the opportunity presented itself, they would move in. Wonderman, Luke Cage, Ironman, and Ms Marvel suits are all old as hell

and look who fell out of the ship?

Invis woman- died
Ms Marvel- died
Spiderman- died (well, cocooned, or whatever you want to call it)
Phoenix- Died
Hawkeye- Died

and then, of course, Elektra, who died from Bullseye. Seems pretty simple they would grab someone after they "died" replace them with a skrull, and then bring hte hero back to live to experiment with their powers to build......SUPER-DUPER Skrull

Back