Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've dealt with them. They're not recasts. They must get the extra copies coming out of NYC and the Marvel offices. That would be my guess.

I just missed out on an auction for the 1:2 MKIII Iron Man last night. After looking into the seller he seems to list one a week.
Contacted him to be told they are infact recasts...

Bullet dodged there!

I've found a lot of Crazy Toy figures through stores in China such as Aliexpress.com, a lot of the times they will post pictures of the legit product (ie. stock photo of a SSC picture) but obviously they don't actually send that product. Some sellers are a little better and show the actual product (mixed with stock photos of the legit product...) and you can tell it is not 100% the same.

For example the Hulk Maquette, the paint apps are completely off, the pants are not made of fabric, and it's hollow (prone to cracking as everything is usually free shipping and packaging is not exactly great per some reviews on the site), and the steel beam he is standing on just looks funny how it's painted. However I can see people buying it especially when it's priced at $200-$300 with free shipping...

EMS Free Shipping Marvel The Avengers Hulk Super Big PVC Action Figure Collectible Model Toy 24" 60CM HRFG198-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

The legendary scale bust for Iron Man has a knock off as well, using stock photos mixed with actual, the eyes on the helmet are too big and the original has Ironman looking slightly downward whereas the knock off is looking straight and his fist looks funny too.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Captain American PF is another example.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

And the Ironman lifesize bust, I can't even imagine the amount of recasts they've done on this, it's insane...must be in the thousands...

Avengers Iron Man 3 Lighting (LIFE SIZE) 1:1 BIG Statue Chest-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

Xm studios Magneto on ebay US seller. Can anyone confirm if the cogs are out of place means it's a fake?

s-l400.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/262435574337

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. They are removable and attach with a magnet.

It also looks like he has the box? A recast is not going to come with the original black XM box. Plus, you'll be able to check the registration code when you receive it. The seller also has a lot of positive feedback.

Last edited:
It's a shame we even need threads like this - necessary evil though.

I was just going through eBay - found a fake SS Doom, SS IM bust and XM Magneto. Blows my mind that people waste time on these pieces. I get not being able to have the original and this is 'the next best thing' - but I don't agree with that argument.

This is news to me and I am glad that this thread exists. I realize there's some shady stuff going on in China. So do these fake statues basically fall apart after a year or something? I can imagine the Q/A being ridiculously horrible. How does one go about recasting something? Glad I now know what to look out for.

This is news to me and I am glad that this thread exists. I realize there's some shady stuff going on in China. So do these fake statues basically fall apart after a year or something? I can imagine the Q/A being ridiculously horrible. How does one go about recasting something? Glad I now know what to look out for.

Great questions. Honestly, I think biggest differences are in paint apps.

I'm assuming someone takes an original and recasts it.

There a lot of Mary Janes out there now - that are painted up with her holding a black costume or original red costume. Just one example.

Hey guys. This seller claims to be selling genuine XM Products. He sold a Doctor Strange yesterday for $550. He's also got Wolverine, She-Hulk and Ant-Man up. What do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-XM-Studios-Premium-Collectible-Ant-Man-Statue-Figure/142299913515

I asked him these questions, and he responded:

"1) Is it an original XM product, or a recast?
100% genuine from XM STUDIOS and 100% NEW SEALED.

2) What number is it?
I don't know because I just do drop ship only.

3) What condition is it in?
NEW SEALED.

4) How many do you have?
2 Item In Stock."

Thanks!

Hey guys. This seller claims to be selling genuine XM Products. He sold a Doctor Strange yesterday for $550. He's also got Wolverine, She-Hulk and Ant-Man up. What do you think?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-XM-Studios-Premium-Collectible-Ant-Man-Statue-Figure/142299913515

I asked him these questions, and he responded:

"1) Is it an original XM product, or a recast?
100% genuine from XM STUDIOS and 100% NEW SEALED.

2) What number is it?
I don't know because I just do drop ship only.

3) What condition is it in?
NEW SEALED.

4) How many do you have?
2 Item In Stock."

Thanks!

I saw this too and I would stay away. He has 5 ratings, all in the past month and all as a buyer (none as seller). He lists shipping as $49 from Singapore to US. I emailed him for actual pics of the statues and asked if he would open and take pics if I won the auction. No response... Waaaaaaaaaaaay too many red flags. And his XM wolverine just sold for $700... someone got a sick deal or scammed... 99% sure this is either a blatant scam or he's selling fakes, but I don't recommend trying to find out from this new "seller" with a total of 5 ratings (which are only as a buyer).

I just won his doctor strange. We will see

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Back