Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not Marvel but just wanted to post a recent experience. So I "won" an eBay auction for an XM piece that was clearly listed as being sold from Singapore. When I went to pay for it the pay pal location was in Malaysia. I contacted the seller and explained there are a lot of recasts from Malaysia and that this item was listed as authentic. He said it was and that he had someone in Singapore who provided him the piece wholesale. He again stated the item was 100% authentic new and sealed and that I would be protected with ebay buyer protection if it wasn't. I said ok and paid. The item "shipped" the next day and I got a tracking number that worked on the USPS website. Then I found this thread and started to worry.

I didn't do anything and the item went from "received" to "processed" so I thought everything was ok. Then the item was removed from ebay altogether and I got an email from the seller directly to my personal email telling me someone had reported him to ebay for listing his items so low and that he couldn't contact me through ebay anymore. He said not to worry my item was on its way just not to file a complaint with eBay and that it would take 25-35 days to get it. I immediately contacted eBay and explained the situation they said they would open a claim but I'd have to wait 3 days for me to get my money. The next day the guy refunded my money to PayPal.

All that being said I'm sure this is a scam just not sure how I was suppose to get scammed was I eventually going to get a knockoff way past the buyer protection date? Were they just never going to send anything? Or was it legit and they just needed time to "acquire" the piece? The item still comes up as processed through Malaysia. All very weird. Regardless I was able to find my samurai Batman from someone on the sales threads here and am very happy.

^^^thank you for the detailed summary, very helpful and glad you got your money back.

My guess is these guys ship you a fake, maybe it's a recast or something close. Once received you have to prove to eBay and PayPal that it's not a legitimate XM statue. Now how exactly does one prove that it's a fake when eBay and PayPal no nothing about these pieces? That's a huge hassle IMO. It's better to just avoid buying from overseas unless it's a trusted seller with very large number of positive reviews and feedback.

BTW I just checked one of the eBay listings from the "5 Star" Malaysia accounts and he now has his first negative review... "seller tried to sell me a different statue, didn't even have the statue he was selling". No surprise.

I have reported numerous seller selling items that are not even released yet.

Ebay will do something if they get enough complaints.....but overall they ignore most scam sellers until they start loosing fees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That seller who sold that Dr. Strange to the buyer in this thread has been suspended from eBay.

That seller who sold that Dr. Strange to the buyer in this thread has been suspended from eBay.

Yup, I was tracking his reviews out of curiosity. He's officially suspended as we all expected. Hope the buyers he scammed got their money back.

Anyone know of any recasts of the Thing bust? I recently got one and want to make sure I don't need to watch out for anything.

To my knowledge, there isn't, but just wanted to err on the side of caution.

I know a ways back there was a seller oversees that was known selling possible recasts - but then others became more suspicious of the seller stealing from the factories.

Regardless, any feedback would be appreciated!

Any one buy from this guy before on eBay. He's got some Kind Art statue chargers. Wanted to know if he's for real or not.
cd589e4983efcd4995e94b6f1e8c77bf.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Any one buy from this guy before on eBay. He's got some Kind Art statue chargers. Wanted to know if he's for real or not.
cd589e4983efcd4995e94b6f1e8c77bf.jpg

I haven't dealt with the seller, but be careful with King Art stuff in general. (You know this, I'm sure).

I read a few reports of their Capt. shields getting replicated. Unfortunately, I also can't comment on the validity of those claims.

I haven't dealt with the seller, but be careful with King Art stuff in general. (You know this, I'm sure).

I read a few reports of their Capt. shields getting replicated. Unfortunately, I also can't comment on the validity of those claims.
Thank you my friend. Trying to get a statue I really want but can't afford it. And these cheap ones keep popping up

Back