Marvel Fakes on EBay Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This ebay seller dmkworkshop has sold 2 spiderman comiquettes with the same number #113. Does anyone know if they recast this statue? He has another one I was interested in but it seems kinda shady.

This ebay seller dmkworkshop has sold 2 spiderman comiquettes with the same number #113. Does anyone know if they recast this statue? He has another one I was interested in but it seems kinda shady.

I'm not absolutely sure about this but I think I've seen that seller's name before & was accused of recasting pieces from Sideshow.

Could it be someone didn't pay? That has happened to me plenty and I've had to relist the same stuff.

Here you go...

I JUST GOT RIPPED OFF. :slap

Stupid me, I bid on an auction from dmkworkshop on eBay, and stupid me also didn't google his username before bidding!

I know it isn't Marvel, but I won an AVP:R "Sideshow" exclusive diorama, and everything seemed off about it.

• The product box was way smaller than the sideshow shipping box, and had bits of foam on the corners to try and stop it from moving around.
  • There was no product number on the outside of the product box, and it looked WAY too new.
  • The diorama itself is smaller than it's supposed to be.
  • The geometry is completely off (I checked against photos on this form of a legitimate statue, and I couldn't line up ANY of the different angles with mine - I also looked at several youtube reviews).
  • The alien blood was this horrible dark green and brown colour, not like it is on a genuine one.

I can provide pictures but I am honestly so pissed off about this that I don't want to spend another second looking at it.

I was really skeptical about this from the get go as it was a Chinese seller with too many unique and rare items (a regular AND exclusive X-Men vs. Sentinel diorama #1???), and then some googling found me MANY threads pointing this loser out as a recast/fake seller, and then a thread on the Weta forums where he was basically called out and tried to defend himself. It starts on the fourth post. Also there is a thread on this forum pointing them out for selling recast/fake LOTR collectibles here.

I am so angry because I paid a lot of money for it ($484 USD PLUS $120 USD shipping!); I have opened a PayPal dispute about this and requested a full refund including the shipping cost. I'm only going to return this piece to the seller if they pay me the shipping cost beforehand. My guess is he'll try to weasel out of it, and then I'm going to escalate this to get PayPal to review the case.

This really gets me annoyed, for both ripping off Sideshow AND ripping me off! I'm usually fairly careful about these things but I guess I was too trusting of people. I'm going to contact Sideshow about it as well, if only to get them to confirm what I already know and give them a heads up.

In conclusion, DO NOT BUY FROM dmkworkshop AS HE IS SELLING FAKES!!!!!! :(

EDIT: Decided to find an easy way to show that it's a fake, and found one - the exclusive unmasked head.

REAL:
ZdFXS.png

Notice how the teeth are all separate, and the colour of the face is a deep purple and green. I sourced this from loyalvariable's YouTube review of this piece.

FAKE:
MK2oz.jpg

The top and bottom leftmost AND rightmost teeth are actually fused together and painted over, more prominently on the left. The colours are also really dull (I tried in many different lights, this is actually the best it looks sadly enough).

There are other differences too, but this one is the easiest to point out.

Thank you xyx, I will just find another spiderman from another seller.

No worries.

Here's a follow-up on the actions the buyer tried to do after he got the recasted item...

Thanks guys, and yeah he is a major a-hole.

He has rejected my request for a refund of the total amount he cost me, and basically denied he is selling fakes and claim I am the first one to say he does it!

He even went so far as to boldly say that once Sideshow confirms it is not real, he will give me "the double refund" (his words). Why would you even bother saying that if you know your products to be genuine? Wouldn't you just offer to let the buyer return the item? I've e-mailed sideshow and am about to send through the pictures - just what I need with work as well. I was up until 5am because I was so angry and worried. :(

Once I posted the Weta forum thread he tried to sound sympathetic, but still thinks he'll somehow trick Sideshow. What a ******. :mad:

I was just gonna say after looking at the feedback he has sold multiples of some really rare and highly suspect items. I would personally avoid like the plague, but after reading the above I doubt I have to tell you that. :1-1:

I was just gonna say after looking at the feedback he has sold multiples of some really rare and highly suspect items. I would personally avoid like the plague, but after reading the above I doubt I have to tell you that. :1-1:

Could be worst, I have all the 1/1 and 42 of the 43 31/xxx Guy Hebert cards. Every so often I see someone selling a 1/1 or 31/xxx. I know where and who owes the last 31/xxx card.

Ebay will not do anything about it when I tell them.

Are there any clear signs on how I can tell if a spiderman comiquette is fake? Bought one from a seller not from china, should arrive In the next few days.

Ive read through most of these pages and am terrified of ebay now. Has anyone ever heard of any fake PF Mystiques being made. I got mine off ebay in Jan. Its 609 of 800. The bottom of the base says "made in China" and the paint on the gun doesnt quite look like other pictures Ive seen. The peg fits in wobbly too. I wish I could take pics but the camera on my phones broken.

Also I got a Blade vs Dracula Diorama 55 of 400 and the only thing thats kind of odd is the side of the stairs have a slight green tint to them. Do your guys' statues have those things too or no? Thanks

Does anyone know if this is a fake or an actual proto? Thinking of buying it.
KGrHqRo4FHvumeMKwBR-bC68hF60_3_zps4e2d4641.jpg

T2eC16FcE9s4PsNGPBR-bC-ic2Q60_57_zps9dc5cf4e.jpg

T2eC16JzoE9s5nd03MBR-bDCvKWw60_57_zpsb5e8ba76.jpg

Back