Mars Toys 89 Alfred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one thing that worries me is that Mars still hasn’t released their suited Bruce Wayne figure yet. Very similar release that’s taking forever. Will Alfred be the same?

Last edited:
I'm so glad to see this type of character get made... but sadly I'm not sure I have the room to accommodate; as it is I don't even have a Bruce Wayne yet. Having Keaton and Alfred is a great display, but in all honesty I want that room for DeVito Penguin and Pfeiffer Catwoman... and all the other Bat-Villains I can get my hands on.

Speaking of which, Mob Boss Nicholson is way overdue.

Definitely ordered. I’m gonna be greedy and say I would have loved to have gotten a round serving platter and champagne glass for the mansion party scene where he’s following Bruce around but as it is that‘s quite the set.

IMG_8322.jpeg

So it’ll be white gloves and bow tie most likely although I do like the “I’m relieved you’re home, sir.” green apron look as well.

IMG_8326.jpeg

I too shall pass. As good as this looks he's not the Alfred I'm looking for, because I don't want a Keaton Bruce or Batman.

I'll stick to the villains as dark versions of their '66 counterparts, and hope Mars can make their Alan Napier Alfred look just as good.

I too shall pass. As good as this looks he's not the Alfred I'm looking for, because I don't want a Keaton Bruce or Batman.

I'll stick to the villains as dark versions of their '66 counterparts, and hope Mars can make their Alan Napier Alfred look just as good.
That’s a good point actually. For the sake of my collection not getting out of hand yet again, I was thinking along a similar (but sort of opposite) line now that this is fully revealed. Meaning maybe I should stick to Burton/Schumacher stuff rather than this and ‘66 Batman.

Just have the one Keaton Batman but the rest of the supporting cast/villains from ‘89 through 90’s movies.

1694416979878.png
1694416996442.png

cant say im to much of a fan of how the prototype sculpt turned out. maybe its the hair that's bothering me but his mouth is quite long as well. the paint job didn't really do much service i don't think but maybe the hair is too grey than white

I'm so glad to see this type of character get made... but sadly I'm not sure I have the room to accommodate; as it is I don't even have a Bruce Wayne yet. Having Keaton and Alfred is a great display, but in all honesty I want that room for DeVito Penguin and Pfeiffer Catwoman... and all the other Bat-Villains I can get my hands on.

Speaking of which, Mob Boss Nicholson is way overdue.
I’m in the same boat.
Even if 89 is my favorite franchise, I don’t want to be trapped in the « collect them all ». It’s endless. It’s not because it’s 89 that I have to get it.
I mean it’s a fantastic figure but I do not feel I really need it.
I begin to think I should cancel my Mob boss PO and sell my DX14 to keep my regular DX09, BD 09, DX08 and the Mars Bruce.

That’s a good point actually. For the sake of my collection not getting out of hand yet again, I was thinking along a similar (but sort of opposite) line now that this is fully revealed. Meaning maybe I should stick to Burton/Schumacher stuff rather than this and ‘66 Batman.

Just have the one Keaton Batman but the rest of the supporting cast/villains from ‘89 through 90’s movies.

I went down the Nolan route for a while as my 'prime' Batman, but have stopped buying anything from that series.

From Nolan's sober, realistic approach I've gone to the extreme opposite with '66 Batman.

Ever since I bought Hot Toys' Batman and Robin I've thought of them as doing double duty. While they represent the humour of the '66 series, I also think of them as live action versions of their more serious comic book appearances. I watch the series the same way too. Beneath the silliness there's a sinister aspect to the villains - if they ever succeeded with their plans Batman and Robin would've died in numerous gruesome and painful ways. :panic:

I want to stick with '66 as my 'prime' now, but will have the '89 and '92 villains as a black mirror.

Looks good! If I had the funds and space I would buy this chap - sadly I have enough stuff in the pipeline that I dont see it happening.

Its features are exaggerated for sure, but it is undoubtedly Michael Gough’s Alfred.

The mouth is way too big and long, almost simian, but it’s a good sculpt. All the different options and looks for the price tag make it a great buy.

Can’t help but think Hot Toys, the master licensee, is leaving money on the table with Romero Joker, 60s Batman and Robin, Gorshin Riddler, ‘89 Wayne, Mob Joker and now Alfred. They could have easily sold Alfred with an Armory Vault with a new ‘89 suit and weapons and people would be jumping over themselves to get it. Dumb decisions.

Back