MANDALORIAN WARRIOR 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI All

As always guys thanks heaps for all the feedback it's always very much appreciated.

the dude person - yeah I know there up side down but I do come from the land downunder :lol.

piccolodaimaoh - I used an old SS body a rebel soldier body. For the hands I just boiled and popped the inner connections and then inserted them on the body.

drod26 - For the jumpsuit I first sprayed it using matt black let dry then lightly sanded it. I then sprayed it light grey and again let dry and lightly sanded it.
Ron

You spraypainted the jumpsuit??? I would have never thought of that... does that make the cloth stiffer, or is it the same as before? I'm wondering if this is an effective way of changing the color of cloth without having to go buy fancy dyes that might not work...

Hi All

the dude person wrote
You spraypainted the jumpsuit??? I would have never thought of that... does that make the cloth stiffer, or is it the same as before? I'm wondering if this is an effective way of changing the color of cloth without having to go buy fancy dyes that might not work...

It does make the cloth a little stiff but you still get the full range of motion without it looking weird. I forgot to mention to soak the clothing in warm soapy water first and then let dry this will help the paint to soak into the clothing.

Ron

Hi All

the dude person wrote

It does make the cloth a little stiff but you still get the full range of motion without it looking weird. I forgot to mention to soak the clothing in warm soapy water first and then let dry this will help the paint to soak into the clothing.

Ron

I see... but what if you sprayed it while still slightly damp? Do you think that might dilute the paint a little so the fabric could remain soft? Or perhaps the paint would just run...

Hi All

the dude person wrote
I see... but what if you sprayed it while still slightly damp? Do you think that might dilute the paint a little so the fabric could remain soft? Or perhaps the paint would just run...

I have sprayed clothing while still slightly damp and I have had two affects.

1: it soaks into the clothing very well kind of like dye, and that does depend on the material you are using.

2: the paint adhere's tehn when it does dry you have bloachs over the clothing.

Ron

Back