Man Thing Commiquette - Pics and Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jbinny, $350 shipped is an INSANE score! Congrats! I just picked mine up for $412 shipped from the Alter Ego Comics sale.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal than that. I'm guessing that the guy is just dumping stuff because he sold a Frankenstein, Bride and base set for 400 :horror

Can someone explain to me how the lights work? Is there a switch on the base? Does it take batteries?

It is one of the 3 bubbles in the base which is a good idea as you don't have to try and locate the button on the back of the base where they normally put them.

The switch is on the base behind his right leg.
Hope this help...

v6n634.jpg

2mqohf6.jpg

I just thought I'd post again how freakin excited I am about getting this piece! I've been eyeing it for a long time, but I was iffy about the price. Now that I got it for a price I'm happy with, I feel like I'm going to be extremely thrilled with it!

I just thought I'd post again how freakin excited I am about getting this piece! I've been eyeing it for a long time, but I was iffy about the price. Now that I got it for a price I'm happy with, I feel like I'm going to be extremely thrilled with it!

Same here!!

I thought I had found a decent price at 500 shipped, but still wasn't 100% sure about it. I really think that this is gonna be hard to come by in the future.

HOLY COW!! I just scored one of these for $350 shipped after the bing.com discount. :horror

Outstanding JB! Don't forget a few snapshots and tell us what you think of it when you get it!

Man Thing Pics
DSC00564.jpg

Congrats on the piece Chris and thanks for snapshots. Chris, yours seems to have a different coloring then mine (from the pics I posted). Does yours have that different coloring like in your pics, or is that from the type of lighting you photographed it in? I must say, it is a sweet piece!

I'm on it. Thanks, guys!:)

Jinxx, did you call them (Chinnook Hobbies) up, or someone else?

Well, time for me to eat my words a bit.... but this statue is just too cool not to have. Again, I have no place to display him yet, but I am very glad to have this piece safe in his box until I do. ...

... To anyone who is wondering if this piece is worth it, stop wondering, it definitely is. A Sideshow masterpiece, to be sure. ...

... As for the question of "Abomination or Man-Thing?" I would confidently say to get both. They are both so good in person, I could care less what they are worth down the road. They will have more than paid for themselves in the pleasure of having them on display for years to come... .

Ryan

Beauty Quote. Should be the intro to this thread. Congrats on your piece.

Wait till it's displayed and people see it ... you are going to get a lot of questions and way different reactions. I had to study up on this character to start answering some of the questions.:lol

Where's quad?:confused:

In the Caribbean, getting away from our brutal winter.:(

Are you serious? Where? Wasn't there an earthquake over in that corner!? Hope he's safe and sound.

Oh crap, didn't connect the two together but I don't think he went to Haiti...not sure though.

yeah i don't think Haiti's tourism industry is really strong. even before the earthquake. seeing how they were the poorest country in the western hemishere. sadly all i can recall about Haiti before this incident is that they were very crooked and had some very violent elections.
not exactly stuff you like to read on the tourist pamphelts:rolleyes:

Dominican Republic, maybe. But that's right beside Haiti!:horror

just got back from Punta Cana this morning, and yes everything was fine on our side of the island. when we got back to our rooms that evening and i turned on the tv for a bit i saw there was an earthquake in Haiti, i was like isn't Haiti really close to us :rolleyes:, well when they showed the map i was like holy shat.:horror:horror.
well no one even felt a shimmer on our side of the island and all was well.

HOLY COW!! I just scored one of these for $350 shipped after the bing.com discount. :horror

god damn microsoft/bing discount.:banghead
great score there jake.

Congrats on the piece Chris and thanks for snapshots. Chris, yours seems to have a different coloring then mine (from the pics I posted). Does yours have that different coloring like in your pics, or is that from the type of lighting you photographed it in? I must say, it is a sweet piece!

Thanks Batman. I think it is just the lighting because I tried to get as much light as possible for the pics but it does look a bit washed out. I am useless with a camera so I need to practice more. Cheers :D

yep, and the other is in the back of my car right now.:monkey3

:rock Is it going on display right away?

Glad to hear your vacation went well Quad.

Thanks Batman. I think it is just the lighting because I tried to get as much light as possible for the pics but it does look a bit washed out. I am useless with a camera so I need to practice more. Cheers :D

Right on Chris. I wasn't sure if it was a different coloring, thanks for clarifying.

The angle of your shot was really nice, it captured the feel of it coming out of the swamp.

Back