Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel

The word epic must mean mediocre in today's kids terms.:lol It's thrown around way too much.

The word epic must mean mediocre in today's kids terms.:lol It's thrown around way too much.

Not in my world dude. I very rarely fall for any hyperbole and i have only ever been back to the movies to watch the same film only once; that was T2. I'm going back again for man of steel and I ain't the only one. EPIC!

Let first say that other than the fight scenes where people were knocking each other through 6 buldings...I enjoyed the movie a lot and will...without a doubt...own the blu ray.

However...I thought it should have been called "Independence Day 2: The Love Child of Feddy Mercury and John Travolta Repels an Alien Invasion After Making A Guest Appearance on Deadliest Catch".

Thinking back on it, the sexless bio-engineered society might have been a better fit on Wonder Woman's Themiskyra.

Actually nobody has been "born" on Themiskyra in thousands of years. Diana was sculpted from clay so she doesn't count. The amazons seems capable of living forever, although there have been storylines where they are able to be killed in battle.

I think it would be more interesting to address the fact that Diana reached sexual maturity on an island where she never had any expectation of seeing a man. An island where she potentially could live "forever" and all of the women are 2000+ years old. All she's seen and known of normal social relationships and sex is between women who have lived together for several millennia. Up until Steve Trevors plane splashed down she had never seen a man. Is it realistic to write her character as anything other than a lesbian?

priceless !

Actually Lois and the army dude stopped the invasion while Superman was fighting a giant spider with tentacles.

Last edited:

Wife's review:

Superman 1 and 2: All Charm, No Spectacle

MOS: All Spectacle, No Charm

I was ready for spectacle after Superman 3, 4 and Returns. :lol

Last edited:

Wife's review:

Superman 1 and 2: All Charm, No Spectacle

MOS: All Spectacle, No Charm

That sums them up perfectly for me. The 78 superman was a good movie without any CG at all. And it had a good story in 3 acts.

Actually nobody has been "born" on Themiskyra in thousands of years. Diana was sculpted from clay so she doesn't count. The amazons seems capable of living forever, although there have been storylines where they are able to be killed in battle.

I think it would be more interesting to address the fact that Diana reached sexual maturity on an island where she never had any expectation of seeing a man. An island where she potentially could live "forever" and all of the women are 2000+ years old. All she's seen and known of normal social relationships and sex is between women who have lived together for several millennia. Up until Steve Trevors plane splashed down she had never seen a man. Is it realistic to write her character as anything other than a lesbian?

Actually Lois and the army dude stopped the invasion while Superman was fighting a giant spider with tentacles.

I think the military was just wasting bullets.

I'm being very lenient with MOS by being generous with my praise.

I wasn't with TDKR or IM3, but I can't hate on MOS for giving me what I asked for after Superman Returns.

I wasn't with TDKR or IM3, but I can't hate on MOS for giving me what I asked for after Superman Returns.

A sequel to Superman Returns could have done that and no doubt would have if they just gave it a chance.

And we'd already have had the backstory and had the caring Superman saving people from disaster - thereby eliminating those complaints that people have about this new Superman.

So can someone answer me this:

Does Lois know Clark is Superman at the end? Because I read it as in they do not recognise him because of the classic 'disguise' glasses.

How did you guys view that?

Superman returns was flawed from the start. Think about it, supes and Lois have sex, he leaves to find Krypton, he had to be gone, what a few weeks to maybe a month before she hooks up with that other guy. Lois would never do anything like that in any version of the character In her eyes no other man could compare.

So can someone answer me this:

Does Lois know Clark is Superman at the end? Because I read it as in they do not recognise him because of the classic 'disguise' glasses.

How did you guys view that?

Not only does Lois know, but so does the military, and many of the people in Smallvile too. I don't know how this secret identity thing is going to work. My wife thought they should do an MIB thing where everyone had their knowledge of who he is erased.

Back