Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

That commercial has me very concerned. Look how much damage is occuring to Metroplis, it looks like that thing that sucks the building up or w/e leveled several city blocks and killed thousands.

I have my doubts that they would let something that horrible occur in this kind of a movie without setting it straight. In other words I really hope we aren't in for another Superman reverses time cop out.

But if that isn't the case, Awesome, it's about damn time we saw some real collateral damage. I hated the way they made it seem like no one died in the Avengers. I know it's dicey to start killing civilians in movies these days with terror attacks etc, but at least Watchmen had the ***** to do it. It really changes the game and the importance of the Superheroes in that world if Superman fails to save like a few thousand people.

:exactly::lecture:exactly:

but unfortunately that was just a hologram training scenario for Superman. :lol

have a good day now. :lol

I can't ****ing wait for this movie. After seeing IM3, I see a big opportunity for it to "steel" the show and take away some of marvels thunder moving forward. Let's hope its as good as the early reports and trailers indicate. Warner has a major opportunity let's see if they really put effort into this movie and will take advantage of marvels miss fire with IM3. You may think how is im3 a miss fire with it raking it nearly 175 million in its opening weekend. Well it made that money because everyone who saw avengers was going to see this regardless, not on the merits of IM3. Here is where the window of opportunity comes in...

IM3 was nowhere near as good as the avengers and as such a lot of people were disappointed with it just based on an unfair comparison. In addition, knowing that the Avengers was a major reason people saw IM3, they made a major mistake not adding more references to the other avengers and completely omitting shields presence.

This is where the opportunity comes in... although the dark knight is not in this, like IM3 and its link to avengers, its going to get people that are fans of Nolan and batman too see it just based off association. If the film lives up to the hype and word of mouth spreads the pendulum could shift quite a bit from marvel to dc-warner films.

At least until Thor comes out.......

Honestly I can see time reverse ruining the movie, I really really hope they didn't pull that and those people are just dead. :lol

I can't ****ing wait for this movie. After seeing IM3, I see a big opportunity for it to "steel" the show and take away some of marvels thunder moving forward. Let's hope its as good as the early reports and trailers indicate. Warner has a major opportunity let's see if they really put effort into this movie and will take advantage of marvels miss fire with IM3. You may think how is im3 a miss fire with it raking it nearly 175 million in its opening weekend. Well it made that money because everyone who saw avengers was going to see this regardless, not on the merits of IM3. Here is where the window of opportunity comes in...

IM3 was nowhere near as good as the avengers and as such a lot of people were disappointed with it just based on an unfair comparison. In addition, knowing that the Avengers was a major reason people saw IM3, they made a major mistake not adding more references to the other avengers and completely omitting shields presence.

This is where the opportunity comes in... although the dark knight is not in this, like IM3 and its link to avengers, its going to get people that are fans of Nolan and batman too see it just based off association. If the film lives up to the hope and word of mouth spreads the pendulum could shift quite a bit from marvel to dc-warner films.

VERY excited to see this as well, but I highly doubt it will dethrone IM3 or Avengers

Yeah this is my most anticipated film this year. This and Elysium are the films I am dying to see immediately. I hope this makes bank at the box office. One, to shut up the people who say "pfft, Superman is so lame" and two, because Superman is a symbol we need in today's world. I personally don't care about a Justice League movie all that much. I want more awesome solo Superman films.

I could see Snyder and Nolan laughing after seeing IM3, saying what the "**** is this garbage". I bet you they are licking their chops thinking if this POS comedy staring tony stark can hit 175mi, the sky is the limit for us.

This is where the opportunity comes in... although the dark knight is not in this, like IM3 and its link to avengers, its going to get people that are fans of Nolan and batman too see it just based off association. If the film lives up to the hype and word of mouth spreads the pendulum could shift quite a bit from marvel to dc-warner films.

Ouch. That's a lot of hate towards IM3. I disliked it, but this is just evil.
juwkgi.jpg

~~I hope Thor 2 redeems Marvel and keeps the momentum going.

Looking forward to a big comic book movie is like coming out of an abusive relationship: You don't wanna give all your trust only to get hurt again.

I'm talking to you, DARK KNIGHT RISES (you *****.)

Looking forward to a big comic book movie is like coming out of an abusive relationship: You don't wanna give all your trust only to get hurt again.

:rotfl But WB promises it will never happen again. You know how much they love you. And you pushed them to it.

I was in an abusive relationship, that isn't funny. There's nothing fun about your girlfriend beating you up.

Dude, I actually was too. One time, she bit my hand and broke the skin before almost running me over. But time heals all. Why so serious?

but they let the same guy produce superman...sounds about right :lol

:exactly:

TDKR (and the trilogy as a whole) was very well received by critics and fans and made a ton of money.

Dude, I actually was too. One time, she bit my hand and broke the skin before almost running me over. But time heals all. Why so serious?

Women only abuse men these days because they fear no repercussion. Really a woman can beat your *** and if u even defend yourself u will be the one in jail not her. Nobody should hit anyone but I guarantee u that if we could hit them back just one time after just one attack they wouldn't do it again (or would think twice about it). But hey u see more women doing this because the way the law is, they dont have any reprocussions for this behavior and men are scared to do anything at all. If u are in a domestic fight and a woman is hitting u and u just simply push her back and she is hurt or shows any sings of physical harm, the male will be the one that is arrested regardless. So men do nothing and get smacked around by their wives. This way more common then people want to admit because men are embarrassed to call the cops and report it. Since its a sign of weakness.

What guy wants to call the cops and say my wife is beating me. Will the cops even come or just laugh in the office while eating their doughnuts.

Last edited:
Back