Man of Steel (SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Man of Steel

That commercial has me very concerned. Look how much damage is occuring to Metroplis, it looks like that thing that sucks the building up or w/e leveled several city blocks and killed thousands.

I have my doubts that they would let something that horrible occur in this kind of a movie without setting it straight. In other words I really hope we aren't in for another Superman reverses time cop out.

But if that isn't the case, Awesome, it's about damn time we saw some real collateral damage. I hated the way they made it seem like no one died in the Avengers. I know it's dicey to start killing civilians in movies these days with terror attacks etc, but at least Watchmen had the ***** to do it. It really changes the game and the importance of the Superheroes in that world if Superman fails to save like a few thousand people.

I seriously doubt they would go this far to reimagine Superman ... only to have the movie end exactly the same as the 1978 one.

SnakeDoc

TDKR sucked

Tm2di.jpg

Dude, I actually was too. One time, she bit my hand and broke the skin before almost running me over. But time heals all. Why so serious?

Sorry to hear that man. One time this girlfriend of mine made me go out in the sun.

I think I burnt my retinas.

TDKR was awesome..let the battle begin....again..in the wrong thread..

I don't like the new Superman S insignia. It looks sinister. If Satan had an S on his chest, it would probably look like that.

I hope I care about the characters in this movie more than I did with IM3.

Stark/PP/Rhodey/Killian/Little Kid left me high and dry.

I cared more for Bruce Wayne's safety at the end of TDKR then I did Stark's.

But that Trevor, a lasting impression no doubt.

Last edited:

IMO if this movie can leave me wanting more the same way IM3 did ill be very happy.

That commercial has me very concerned. Look how much damage is occuring to Metroplis, it looks like that thing that sucks the building up or w/e leveled several city blocks and killed thousands.

I have my doubts that they would let something that horrible occur in this kind of a movie without setting it straight. In other words I really hope we aren't in for another Superman reverses time cop out.

But if that isn't the case, Awesome, it's about damn time we saw some real collateral damage. I hated the way they made it seem like no one died in the Avengers. I know it's dicey to start killing civilians in movies these days with terror attacks etc, but at least Watchmen had the ***** to do it. It really changes the game and the importance of the Superheroes in that world if Superman fails to save like a few thousand people.

Every super hero movie now is over-the-top apocalyptic in some way. They keep having to outdo the previous flick; more explosions, bigger fight scenes, multiple heroes/villains, etc. Dark World, then Thanos, probably Galactus to follow...gone are the days of Spidey vacuuming up the Sandman.

BB

Back