Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format

Sorry , not a fan of this statue, specially after the changes. I'm not trying to start some **** but I think there are at least two custom Magneto statues out there right now that beat this one and at a pretty comparable price.

I like the changes made to this piece. I think it looks much better than the original proto. It's still not the classic Mags I was looking for. That said, I already have the OG XM Mags and that already has a modernized costume and I love it. I don't want two 1/4 Mags with modernized costumes. If I didn't already own the XM Mags, I'd probably pick this up. It's a solid looking Mags statue even though it's not exactly what I was looking for. I can't in fairness blast this piece for not being a classic Mags and toot the horn of the XM Mags since neither statue is in the classic costume. If you are need of a 1/4 Mags, this should be a serious consideration for your collection. MAQ price permitting of course.

I dont see any changes to bulk up or the face etc? I’m kind of happy so that I don’t need another mags. Xm mags still rules for the time being. :)

MAQ? Drop your pants and grab your ankles peeps. This is gonna cost you. :lol

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

brace-for-impact.gif

Going from a PF to a MAQ makes this piece very underwhelming ...especially if SSC prices this statue as a MAQ.

Bad move IMO ...because less collectors are going to buy it. The changes made to this statue are good, but not enough to make it a MAQ. They would've need to redesign and resculpt this if they wanted to label it and price it as a MAQ.

I'm guessing $750 or more. Deadpool was a PF that cost $700. I have to believe that the MAQ tax on this is going to push the price tag north of Deadpool's.

Instead of the metal spikes why couldnt it have been cables or something instead... its a cool statue for sure, but thats just looks off

I see Neal Mc Donough on this close-up of the sculpt, for some reason.

I find the projectiles weird, as they are pointing out to a direction that drives your eyes away from the figure. Like a cover artwork with a bad layout.

I see Neal Mc Donough on this close-up of the sculpt, for some reason.

I find the projectiles weird, as they are pointing out to a direction that drives your eyes away from the figure. Like a cover artwork with a bad layout.

I too find that very distracting. They need to re-drill the holes and have them facing in the direction of his face

I too find that very distracting. They need to re-drill the holes and have them facing in the direction of his face

I honestly think they should have stuck with the original proto base. It looks so much better than this one. The base definitely didn't need to be tweaked IMO.

What’s up with the liquid metal weird crap going on? It all looks good except that garbage.

Sideshow changing this from a "Premium Format" to a "Maquette" is simply an excuse to increase the price. I really like the changes to the statue itself, but I feel like the changes to the base were completely unnecessary. Hopefully it won't be a cluster &%$# to preorder like the Thanos Maquette. I am a teacher and it is difficult for me to preorder items in the middle of the day.

My understanding is (I could be wrong): PF usually implies multiple elements with sculpt, e.g. magneto poly-resin statue with real cloth like elements incorporated into piece. Maquette usually refers to a piece that is a reflection of it's movie counterpart I believe. Comiquette = comic counterpart, etc. Should really be Cinemaquette but maybe someone can clarify even better than my definition on these boards.

I think in this instance

Going based on the pose and physics

Just like the Swamp Thing Maquette

Magnetos base will be polystone

However since he is levitating, the figure itself will be made of a lighter material

Similar to the swamp thing maquette

PFs = 1/4 scale. That's it. It can be a fully sculpted piece and still be a PF. It can also have mixed media elements too.

A MAQ can be anything. Movie based, comic based, any scale, a diorama, mixed media, fully sculpted, or any interpretation of a character. Almost always, a 1/4 MAQ comes with a higher price tag than a PF.

COM = 1/5 scale comic based statue. It used to mean fully sculpted but it looks like sideshow is now using mixed media on their 1/5 statues too (see Avengers Assemble Thor). I honestly don't know if they are even making COMs anymore. Recently, sideshow has labeled their 1/5 pieces as just statues and not COMs. The term COM may possibly be a thing of the past. I can't even remember the last statue that sideshow released with a COM label actually on it. Also, old COMs were both 1/5 and 1/4 scale pieces. However, after the Rhino COM (it was the last 1/4 COM released), all COMs were reclassified by sideshow as being 1/5 scale fully sculpted comic based statues. I may have missed some things but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Back