Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think in this instance

Going based on the pose and physics

Just like the Swamp Thing Maquette

Magnetos base will be polystone

However since he is levitating, the figure itself will be made of a lighter material

Similar to the swamp thing maquette

This.

Maquette by definition is a true mixed media statue it can have metal vinyl resin verses Sideshows trademark Polystone PF

If Swamp Thing was a PF in its truest nature the price would’ve been double

Maybe the Sentinel head is metal to ensure it supports Magnetos weight

Re: Magneto - Premium Format

Going from a PF to a MAQ makes this piece very underwhelming ...especially if SSC prices this statue as a MAQ.

Bad move IMO ...because less collectors are going to buy it. The changes made to this statue are good, but not enough to make it a MAQ. They would've need to redesign and resculpt this if they wanted to label it and price it as a MAQ.

isn't all new maquette's like 1200.00 starting prices from ss?

Re: Magneto - Premium Format

isn't all new maquette's like 1200.00 starting prices from ss?

Hulk vs Wolverine Maquette - $649.99

Sentinel Maquette - $899.99

Swamp Thing Maquette - $870

Thanos and Voltron are the only 2 that cracked 1K

Glad to see the thread has been updated. Please provide lube for the full reveal of this next week because I'm sure us collectors are really really going to need it.

This.

Maquette by definition is a true mixed media statue it can have metal vinyl resin verses Sideshows trademark Polystone PF

If Swamp Thing was a PF in its truest nature the price would’ve been double

I think the answer is no one including Sideshow knows. They even mislabeled Swamp Thing as a PF during SDCC.

Your definition doesn’t work either. Galactic, Sentinel, two movie Hulks, Giger Alien (I could go on) are all traditional polystone.

Not sure why Swamp Thing would be double if he was a PF either. He’d just be more prone to damage. And according to those in the industry have less details.

It stands no other purpose than to give collectors a week to brace themselves for the ridiculous price reveal next week.
Maquette being tagged to this PF is complete unnecessary wankery

Completely agree with you guys!

Last edited:
I think the answer is no one including Sideshow knows. They even mislabeled Swamp Thing as a PF during SDCC.

Your definition doesn’t work either. Galactic, Sentinel, two movie Hulks, Giger Alien (I could go on) are all traditional polystone.

Not sure why Swamp Thing would be double if he was a PF either. He’d just be more prone to damage. And according to those in the industry have less details.

Completely agree with you guys!

You’re right in the sense that a Maquette isn’t simply mutually exclusive

Btw the Hulk base was made of fibreglass not polystone

Maquette by definition from google is

a sculptor's small preliminary model or sketch.

Premium Formats in the past consisted primarily of Polystone

We will know why it’s a Maquette on the upcoming Sideshow live

I think it has more to do with Magnetos materials than anything else

If it’s a pricing issue why did they name the Hulk v Wolverine a maquette when the Deadpool premium format is $50 more

Some of these conspiracy theories are ridiculous

If it’s a pricing issue why did they name the Hulk v Wolverine a maquette when the Deadpool premium format is $50 more

Some of these conspiracy theories are ridiculous

I think most collectors were pleasantly surprised by the final pricing on the Hulk v Wolverine maquette.

I seem to remember at the time that most posts were indicating prices closer to $1k and more.

That’s the fallacy of labelling Maquette as a pricing device when it’s not

Prices go up because of materials and labor not labels

If Magneto’s body does indeed turn out to be 100% poly stone

I am betting you the base will be made of a more resilient material like fibreglass to support pose

Also since the CBSA is re-classifying these things on a whim

Perhaps Sideshow is being proactive and distinguishing their product lines better

This Magneto piece is not your average 100% polystone mixed media statue, look at the pose... with all the harsh criticism (mainly from those that were never interested in purchasing the piece, but I digress), the option to use fiberglass would effectively eliminate the risk of leaning or Magneto falling.

Case in point

Life Size Thor Bust

entire bust is made of fiberglass ... the wings on his helmet are polystone... ironically those are probably the heaviest parts of the sculpture.

thorlifesizebust.jpg

Magneto's ankle is attached to the base via PIN just like the wings attached to the thor bust.

SS knows that there are collectors who do not have the XM or costume pieces and their aftermarket prices cost an arm and a kidney. As such, they know there would be buyers and even if theyr jack up the price to $999.99, it is still the cheapest.

I surmise that this maquette will be priced not lower than the new Deadpool but not more than $1k.

Still not a fan of the upper torso, or the position of the head for some reason... might be the angle of the photo, it looks better in the SDCC photo. I wish he was at NYCC so I could get an up close look at it, will have to wait for further photos this week I guess, still not sold yet, might have to wait for Prime 1's Magneto and Doom.

SjZG3io.jpg

Boom

That’s what would’ve made the definitive Magneto statue for me

The energy projection made of the plastic dome like transparent shell as seen on dead pool base

The crushed sentinel head is brilliants sans the weird sharp edges

Did anyone watch the Rogue cut of Days of Future Past?

In one of the deleted scenes Magneto re-wires all the connecting tissue of the sentinels in a symbiotic like spasm coming out of the sentinels engulfing the body with wires

Just gah

So much potential

I’ll take whatever I can get at this point

One of the last “Maquettes / Premium Formats” I don’t give a **** about the label on the box.

**** gets more expensive get over it people.

I think I am one of few who does not want any "energy projection". Show me the master of magnetism with smart design and metal being manipulated! I think SS was going for that with the new base, he is forming the head into shards or something I think that is very clear to see. I still am on the fence here, I hate to say it but the price tag will probably be the make or break because I haven't found a magneto that I fell in love with yet and he is one of my favorite characters and I want him in my collection.

Back