Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

XM don't have exc and still sell well. I think SS if decide to go that route and reasonable es, plus a popular characer Magneto. People will still rush to get him.

Doubt sideshow will change their business strategy just cause a company is doing it differently.

Daredevil PF had no exc =)

XM don't have exc and still sell well. I think SS if decide to go that route and reasonable es, plus a popular characer Magneto. People will still rush to get him.

That is also a good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XM doesn't need to have an exclusive because they give you and art print and multiple head sculpts along with various swap out limbs for every Statue they produce.

The XM boxes are also cream of the crop for protection.

Technically every XM piece is an exclusive compared to what SSC offers for an exclusive then makes you pay for an art print.

/

XM doesn't need to have an exclusive because they give you and art print and multiple head sculpts along with various swap out limbs for every Statue they produce.

The XM boxes are also cream of the crop for protection.

Technically every XM piece is an exclusive compared to what SSC offers for an exclusive then makes you pay for an art print.

/

I do not understand the constant needs for XM comparisons vs SS. If you live outside of the countries that XM are able to deliver to, you are forced to use a middle man and pay a much higher price than the initial retail price. I would rather order from SS, pay what they ask … and regardless of QC or not … receive a piece I am satisfied with … otherwise I can return it (for free), and receive a replacement or a full refund. Plus the reward point system is also very helpful. Simply being a customer I was able to use rewards and get the EX Thanos for $500.00 … I do not think XM offers a cool reward system like that do they?

So yea … XM might have some cool alternative switch outs … and cool boxes that will end up in an attic or storage unit for no one to ever see, but I think the fact I can order from a retailer and have them back their products and have a great reward system is also a very nice perk. You have a choice and opinion if the piece you receive satisfies you … if not many options are offered to keep the customer happy.

By that SS deserves credit for what they also offer :lecture

I do not understand the constant needs for XM comparisons vs SS. If you live outside of the countries that XM are able to deliver to, you are forced to use a middle man and pay a much higher price than the initial retail price. I would rather order from SS, pay what they ask … and regardless of QC or not … receive a piece I am satisfied with … otherwise I can return it (for free), and receive a replacement or a full refund. Plus the reward point system is also very helpful. Simply being a customer I was able to use rewards and get the EX Thanos for $500.00 … I do not think XM offers a cool reward system like that do they?

So yea … XM might have some cool alternative switch outs … and cool boxes that will end up in an attic or storage unit for no one to ever see, but I think the fact I can order from a retailer and have them back their products and have a great reward system is also a very nice perk. You have a choice and opinion if the piece you receive satisfies you … if not many options are offered to keep the customer happy.

You're absolutely right. I really don't care about 2 billion heads and switch parts that they offer, and as long as the core statue has what I really like. The only thing that separate XM and SS company is QC. XM QC department is far better than SS (Do they have QC department?) I understand you can ask for replacement, but it sometimes the hassle just kills the joy of collecting.

SSC Isn't for everyone neither. As a collector from Australia it costs me less to buy XM Statues than it does SSC. This was due to the ever increasing postal costs over a short period of time. I'm tired of the costs of importing stuff that costs over the $1000 fresh hold also. Thanos would be a good example $1200 US plus around $200 shipping then on top of that about the same $200 for importing it. So $1800 converted to Australian $2375 were an XM PIECE WOULD COST ME $890 SGD PLUS SHIPPING OF $400 coming to $1290 SGD then converted to Australian $1214 AU converted again in US Dollars to $977.33 if your in the states your paying way way more for XM

Sideshow work extremely well with US and Canadian buyers only. Not the case with international buyers. It's one of the main reasons I stumbled on XM in the first place.

Sideshow will continue to make Exclusives because they want people to order directly from them. Anytime Sideshow makes a statue I want without an EX, I always order from Alterego because I don't want to pay California's 9% sales tax. Through AE, I get reward points & the price is usually cheaper than Sideshow direct. XM doesn't have a large regional license so they MUST make their statues superior to encourage people outside of their region to track them down.

Sideshow and XM have completely different business models; Sideshow is a manufacturer and a worldwide distributor. XM doesn't really push direct ordering because their license is so regionally limited.

The issue here is finding a balance between super-high ES and a low-ES but also allowing people who want the EX a reasonable chance to still order without it selling out in 5-10 minutes.

SSC Isn't for everyone neither. As a collector from Australia it costs me less to buy XM Statues than it does SSC. This was due to the ever increasing postal costs over a short period of time. I'm tired of the costs of importing stuff that costs over the $1000 fresh hold also. Thanos would be a good example $1200 US plus around $200 shipping then on top of that about the same $200 for importing it. So $1800 converted to Australian $2375 were an XM PIECE WOULD COST ME $890 SGD PLUS SHIPPING OF $400 coming to $1290 SGD then converted to Australian $1214 AU converted again in US Dollars to $977.33 if your in the states your paying way way more for XM

Sideshow work extremely well with US and Canadian buyers only. Not the case with international buyers. It's one of the main reasons I stumbled on XM in the first place.

Wow... the land down under is expensive to keep statues mate. I think it comes out to be $1.600 :wink1:

Sideshow will continue to make Exclusives because they want people to order directly from them. Anytime Sideshow makes a statue I want without an EX, I always order from Alterego because I don't want to pay California's 9% sales tax. Through AE, I get reward points & the price is usually cheaper than Sideshow direct. XM doesn't have a large regional license so they MUST make their statues superior to encourage people outside of their region to track them down.

Sideshow and XM have completely different business models; Sideshow is a manufacturer and a worldwide distributor. XM doesn't really push direct ordering because their license is so regionally limited.

The issue here is finding a balance between super-high ES and a low-ES but also allowing people who want the EX a reasonable chance to still order without it selling out in 5-10 minutes.

For me to get this, SS Thanos Exc is $1.500 , whereas the Reg is $1.080. Very huge difference, ouch.

Anyone see in the last SS live video that it was heavily hinted that Magneto will be at SDCC.

Anyone see in the last SS live video that it was heavily hinted that Magneto will be at SDCC.

Yep. Pretty much confirmed by Dave if you were watching the livestream. But if you were only listening to it, now that's a another matter. :lol

Magneto - Premium Format tease (?)

Which one? I only remember the "tease" back when they were showing off the Thanos maquette.

Last week's stream during the Q&A with Dave. It was an awesome livestream! My favourite one to date.

Last week's stream during the Q&A with Dave. It was an awesome livestream! My favourite one to date.

Darn, I must've missed it. Only remember him unveiling that new Nightmare Batman.

Darn, I must've missed it. Only remember him unveiling that new Nightmare Batman. They showed a prototype of Magneto?

It's almost at the end of the stream. I was trying to bribe him with virtual donuts to get him to spill the beans on Flash. :lol

It's almost at the end of the stream. I was trying to bribe him with virtual donuts to get him to spill the beans on Flash. :lol

:lol That would be awesome if they let something slip... or did a :wink1::wink1: like the Joker nightmare being #2. I'm re-watching it now, skipping to the end, is it around the 1 hour mark? Thanks!

Back