Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format

That is a concern, no doubt. But depending on the material, a sculpted cape can be lightweight, too.

fiberglass is strong and light. I've got a custom with a fiberglass cape, but it's more work to make than a sculpted polystone version.

Fiberglass, and carbon fiber are pretty light weight and strong. They should go with this route for the cape.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

There you go... Guarentee po if SS did this .

fiberglass is strong and light. I've got a custom with a fiberglass cape, but it's more work to make than a sculpted polystone version.

Right. But it can be done.

Like I said, tho. I'll wait and see how the MM cape looks in-hand first. Then go from there.

This is still practically the same magneto. Though I feel the minor changes improve it, and I use the word "minor" loosely, it's still not a homerun. Maybe first base. I wonder if Sideshow realizes that if they just made a somewhat classic looking Magneto this thing would have been such a hit.

This is still practically the same magneto. Though I feel the minor changes improve it, and I use the word "minor" loosely, it's still not a homerun. Maybe first base. I wonder if Sideshow realizes that if they just made a somewhat classic looking Magneto this thing would have been such a hit.

I'm pleased with the changes thus far. But I'm actually keeping a "wait and see" approach to this. I still want to see more pics of this piece before I claim a homerun or not.

I can't see the whole statue with the pics that were provided. I want an overall view of it before making final judgement.

I'm pleased with the changes thus far. But I'm actually keeping a "wait and see" approach to this. I still want to see more pics of this piece before I claim a homerun or not.

I can't see the whole statue with the pics that were provided. I want an overall view of it before making final judgement.

I really don't preorder anything anymore without seeing it in person.

They prefer the make up their own costumes lately.

They've removed the Magneto SDCC preview from the coming soon list and hidden it so you can't search for it. You need a direct link to find it now. They must been getting ready to put up new photos soon. I think they said Pre order will be early next year

I wasn't planning on getting this but it looks quite a bit better now. If it comes with an unmasked portrait I will definitely consider.

Yea, I need to see more pics ...even tho I like what I see already. I’m sure SSC will share more pics before this goes up for PO.

They have a booth at Argentina Comoic con this weekend, hopefully they show the new Magneto?

So I guess this was not shown at the Argentina Comic Con ....bummer.

Nope... they'll probably show him on Sideshow live early next year the PO will go up

Do they only reveal new never-before-scene stuff during 12 days? Or could this be one of the reveals, the updated look?

Back