Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format

I agree ...love all the tweaks SSC made.

I just want to see more pics now ...just to confirm everything we pointed out.

I agree ...love all the tweaks SSC made.

I just want to see more pics now ...just to confirm everything we pointed out.

Are you OK with the cloth cape? I know you're not a fan of cloth on your statues.

Definitely improvement. Good job SS

Are you OK with the cloth cape? I know you're not a fan of cloth on your statues.

I definitely prefer it made of pvc or something... The color won't look as nice, and nuisance to try to fold and get the right flow for the cape.

Yea, I'm ok with the cloth cape. Its one of the few things I'm ok with being mixed-media. Much like I'm ok with MM cape for Huntress and MM jacket for Black Canary.

Of course, it would've been a plus if the cape was fully sculpted, I gotta be honest.

I definitely prefer it made of pvc or something... The color won't look as nice, and nuisance to try to fold and get the right flow for the cape.

I honestly wish Sideshow would just stop with the fabric nonsense and make fully sculpted capes in PVC. No dye bleeding, no flaking, no hours spent trying to get it to look right, no worn/faded fabric over the years, plus sculpted capes have a lot more dynamic detail in how they look.

It’s not a character I would buy, but that’s a really nice piece.

And I agree about the fabric.

I honestly wish Sideshow would just stop with the fabric nonsense and make fully sculpted capes in PVC. No dye bleeding, no flaking, no hours spent trying to get it to look right, no worn/faded fabric over the years, plus sculpted capes have a lot more dynamic detail in how they look.

Yes yes and yes

So impressed with the changes they've made!
1- Helmet doesn't curve outwards at the bottom
2 - Biceps, triceps, chest, lats, abs, rib cage have all been improved
3 - Got rid of that huge shoulder pad thing
4 - Fixed the belt
5 - Could be the lighting but the suit looks to be a darker red
6 - eyes seem to be looking downwards
7 - Hand facing upwards similar to Daniel Bels Magneto

Day 1 PO for me. Honestly hated this now it's my favourite Magneto. The cape doesn't even bother me tbh great job sideshow. So good to see them listen to us and make necessary changes.

Yea, I'm ok with the cloth cape. Its one of the few things I'm ok with being mixed-media. Much like I'm ok with MM cape for Huntress and MM jacket for Black Canary.

Of course, it would've been a plus if the cape was fully sculpted, I gotta be honest.

Cloth capes are yuck imo. Never have been a fan of them whatsoever and sadly this looks awful on mags. This statue deserves a sculpted cape. Again, that's just my opinion.

With all that said, the tweeks they made are certainly much better! Glad they decided to go back to the drawing board instead of leaving him how he was.

Cloth capes are yuck imo. Never have been a fan of them whatsoever and sadly this looks awful on mags. This statue deserves a sculpted cape. Again, that's just my opinion.

With all that said, the tweeks they made are certainly much better! Glad they decided to go back to the drawing board instead of leaving him how he was.

Totally! Fully sculpted all the way ...if I was in control of these things.

But I had to make slight compromise with a few of these statues because they did have great body and portrait sculpts. I'm hoping the MM cape on this Magneto is not too bad after "sculpting" it using the wire in the cape. If not, then maybe get a custom sculpted cape for it. Don't know yet ...we shall see.

I love my power girl pf . Its my first ss piece. BUT that is my 1st and only cloth cape. No exception lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my power girl pf . Its my first ss piece. BUT that is my 1st and only cloth cape. No exception lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Keep up your persistence and dedication to your No MM Rule. Gotta commend you for that.

But I had to make slight compromise with a few of these statues because they did have great body and portrait sculpts. I'm hoping the MM cape on this Magneto is not too bad after "sculpting" it using the wire in the cape. If not, then maybe get a custom sculpted cape for it. Don't know yet ...we shall see.

I completely agree. More and more pieces I'm passing on if they have fabric. I hate it.

Now, I don't think I can pass on this because I need/want a Magneto in my collection very badly. The original XM is way too expensive. The white XM is, umm, just ugh - no interest in a turtle neck, stark white Magneto. The MadX custom is decent, but don't like the weird post on his hand.

A custom sculpted would be expensive but ya that'd look awesome and cool to do if you had the money to spend.

Although I don't think it'd look good on this statue I do like MM capes that look like leather. The custom ones done by dynamic dan for the superman and batman PF look good to me and go well with the statue.

A custom sculpted would be expensive but ya that'd look awesome and cool to do if you had the money to spend.

Although I don't think it'd look good on this statue I do like MM capes that look like leather. The custom ones done by dynamic dan for the superman and batman PF look good to me and go well with the statue.

agree with you on MM. Have you seen the Batman PF where folks have converted the PJs to full sculpt. It looks amazing, too bad SS did the PJs on some of these.

Do you think because he is only connected to the base with his back foot that maybe a sculpted cape would cause possible weight issues/ leaning effect over time? If not I would be keen for a sculpted custom cape. I have no issues with the MM now after seeing improvements they made on the rest of him.

Wow, the changes really improved the statue and it will be a day 1 preorder for me. Hopefully, they will give us ample notice for the EX because this has been my #1 most wanted 1/4 statue since Dark Phoenix. Well, my #1 would be a Byrne Cyclops, but that isn't going to happen.

Do you think because he is only connected to the base with his back foot that maybe a sculpted cape would cause possible weight issues/ leaning effect over time? If not I would be keen for a sculpted custom cape. I have no issues with the MM now after seeing improvements they made on the rest of him.

That is a concern, no doubt. But depending on the material, a sculpted cape can be lightweight, too.

Back