Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format

I disagree ...but that's my opinion. At this point who knows ...it could go either way since we both don't have concrete evidence to definitively say it'll sell or not sell.

My post was more about me ...not collectors as a majority. This piece would be a hard sell for me if the tweaks are NOT on point and the sculpt is NOT awesome. That's because for me, it doesn't matter if the options are limited. I buy a statue only if it looks good to me, not because its the only one available. That's why I passed on statues like the Supergirl PF and Deathstroke PF.

Yup. I wanted to pair supergirl with power girl but maaan I couldn't get past the head sculpt. As for mags, even if they announce it as is for $499 id still not buy. Rather spend it on a piece y truly like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree ...but that's my opinion. At this point who knows ...it could go either way since we both don't have concrete evidence to definitively say it'll sell or not sell.

My post was more about me ...not collectors as a majority. This piece would be a hard sell for me if the tweaks are NOT on point and the sculpt is NOT awesome. That's because for me, it doesn't matter if the options are limited. I buy a statue only if it looks good to me, not because its the only one available. That's why I passed on statues like the Supergirl PF and Deathstroke PF.

I understand. I was more talking about the majority. I certainly won't say you'll be picking it up if you don't like it. It's just that I've already read a few "I'm not crazy about it but I need a 1/4 Mags for my collection and this will work" posts. I hope you like the tweaks.

It'll still sell. Where are you going to get another 1/4 classic styled Mags for less? Options are very limited and peeps will pick him up just to have the character in their collection even if they are less than thrilled with the PF. The OG XM Mags and Bel custom Mags sell for far more than the PF will.

This.. I wasn't in love with the new Magneto at first, but it has grown on me a lot and its the best price for a 1/4 magneto. I know I will be geting the Wolverine so i'd be lying to myself if I said I was gonna pass on this :p

Yup. I wanted to pair supergirl with power girl but maaan I couldn't get past the head sculpt. As for mags, even if they announce it as is for $499 id still not buy. Rather spend it on a piece y truly like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. With these prices, I need to really like the statue to buy it.

I understand. I was more talking about the majority. I certainly won't say you'll be picking it up if you don't like it. It's just that I've already read a few "I'm not crazy about it but I need a 1/4 Mags for my collection and this will work" posts. I hope you like the tweaks.

Yea, I've seen those posts too. And I can understand that sentiment. I just hope their "likes" is greater than their "dislikes" for this statue when they spend their money.

As for the tweaks, I'm hoping I like them too. Would be nice to have this next to my XM Mags.

Yea, I've seen those posts too. And I can understand that sentiment. I just hope their "likes" is greater than their "dislikes" for this statue when they spend their money.

As for the tweaks, I'm hoping I like them too. Would be nice to have this next to my XM Mags.

Do you have the classic Mags or did you PO the white XM Mags? If you have the first one, you're in good shape regardless. If you have the White one coming then I can see why you would want a more classic Mags. Either way, they are all fantastic looking pieces.

Do you have the classic Mags or did you PO the white XM Mags? If you have the first one, you're in good shape regardless. If you have the White one coming then I can see why you would want a more classic Mags. Either way, they are all fantastic looking pieces.

I have the first XM Mags ..."classic" costume Mags sitting on the Sentinel Hand throne. One of my favorites, but I do want a classic Mags in the floating pose. The Bel custom Mags would've been awesome, but I missed that one. So I'm hoping this PF turns out great.

I have the first XM Mags ..."classic" costume Mags sitting on the Sentinel Hand throne. One of my favorites, but I do want a classic Mags in the floating pose. The Bel custom Mags would've been awesome, but I missed that one. So I'm hoping this PF turns out great.

Yeah, that Bel Mags is exceptional. How I wish sideshow was releasing that piece instead of this PF.

Yeah, that Bel Mags is exceptional. How I wish sideshow was releasing that piece instead of this PF.

Oh man ...I would be so stoked if that happened.

That's why secretly I'm hoping that Bel is helping with the tweaks on this Mags PF. LOL. I know its very unlikely ...but wow, just the thought gets you excited.

Oh man ...I would be so stoked if that happened.

That's why secretly I'm hoping that Bel is helping with the tweaks on this Mags PF. LOL. I know its very unlikely ...but wow, just the thought gets you excited.

Too true. The thought of Bel working on any character I like is exciting. Can't wait to see the first Marvel or DC PF they have him working on.

Too true. The thought of Bel working on any character I like is exciting. Can't wait to see the first Marvel or DC PF they have him working on.

Yup, can't wait either. Hopefully we hear something about that soon.

If they can give this Magneto some more muscle and add some more detail to the costume, possible battle damage and fully sculpt the cape, I will PO this.
If they deliver the Magneto they have showed with the average body, toy looking helmet and barbie doll cape it's a no go for me.
Also would be nice to add some floating debris similar to the Daniel Bel custom Mag!

New pics

300543_press29.jpg

300543_press30.jpg

300543_press31.jpg

And a comparison pic with how he originally looked at SDCC. Much better, IMO.

yqGp4Wj.jpg

Wow, was not expecting such huge changes. A definite improvement.

And a comparison pic with how he originally looked at SDCC. Much better, IMO.

yqGp4Wj.jpg

looks great. maybe it's the angle or lighting but his arms and lats look bulkier. Hand position is much better as is the new collar design, belt and cape

this is a good comparison pic. looks like they've added more definition to the abs and the chest and lats look better too.

24313350_1611684262208640_6612029061567451533_o.jpg

The helmet looks a touch slimmer as well. I'm loving all the changes that were made.

Back