Statue Magneto - Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Magneto - Premium Format

I'd like to hide my credit cards when this comes up for preorder. I've been great the last few years at only preordering what I consider must have awesome statues. Magneto is my kryptonite. Even with the fixes mentioned, I still don't like the belt and the pose. Overall, it doesn't seem like a must own statue. That's from a collector that is just about only X-Men now. It's looks like a statue that won't have a good angle. Either you face it viewing the costume and you don't see the headsculpt or you see the head sculpt and lose most of the costume. I guess that's just something you loose with a dynamic pose. The costume I could live with but it isn't iconic and therefore doesn't give you the "now that's Magneto" feeling. The exclusive alternate head sculpt is going to be dead on Jim Lee only because it would make sense to have it sit atop "this" costume. This statue makes me want the XM Magneto, the Iron Studios Magneto, or to just be content with the Bowen Action Magneto.

My "fair" is that its too late. I wasn't WOWed the way i was expected to be. From the helmet shown on sideshow i was like damn the same guys that worked on thanos are behind mags? Then the sdcc announcement of it coming soon. Expectations were really high. Dont get me wrong it's absolutely not a bad piece. I was just expecting to go "eeeeeeeeeeeekkkk" like a 12 year old girl at a Bieber concert [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is also ironic that the helmet is the same one from the tease lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see why people might not be digging this statue but I actually like it. I think the floating pose is cool and I am okay with him not being super buff. I’ll be buying this one for sure. Anybody have a guess on when pre-order will be available?

Hopefully we see the finish tweak before open PO

I would certainly hope SS would show it. I can't imagine this getting a ton of PO's knowing there are changes and not seeing them first.

It's going to need a lot more than tweeks to save this. Magneto needs a full blown resculpt.

Pretty much lol. The disappointment was real.

I would certainly hope SS would show it. I can't imagine this getting a ton of PO's knowing there are changes and not seeing them first.

Pretty much lol. The disappointment was real.

The bar for Magneto has been set super high. So,,,,,,,

The new XM magneto is definitely better but the price is unrealistic for me. This magneto isnt perfect but it will look great next to the wolverine IMO

The new XM magneto is definitely better but the price is unrealistic for me. This magneto isnt perfect but it will look great next to the wolverine IMO

I think the original XM Mags will look great with the new Wolverine PF. Especially since he's sitting on a Sentinel hand.

It would be nice if the newly tweaked Magneto PF is revealed during this Spooktacular event. Anxious to see the improvements.

I think the original XM Mags will look great with the new Wolverine PF. Especially since he's sitting on a Sentinel hand.

Yes very true, but that price tag makes it a difficult one. If this PF magneto is $500 it will be much more enticing

No way is the Magneto PF $500. People have been waiting for Sideshow to make the character for too long. He'll be at least $550, but I wouldn't put it past Sideshow to charge $600 for him.

No way is the Magneto PF $500. People have been waiting for Sideshow to make the character for too long. He'll be at least $550, but I wouldn't put it past Sideshow to charge $600 for him.

Still a lot better then the XM magneto.. at least $2,000 for that bad boy on ebay. As amazing as it is i cant justify that. I HAVE to have a magneto so for $600 its still doable.

For $600, the sculpt better be awesome. The tweaks will need to be on point. Otherwise, it will be a hard sell at $600.

Yes very true, but that price tag makes it a difficult one. If this PF magneto is $500 it will be much more enticing

I totally understand. I was lucky enough to get it at retail from a board member here who looked out for me because I missed out on the PO. There's no way I could bring myself to pay the aftermarket price that piece is going for nowadays if I didn't already have it.

$600 is the going price for PF now.

For $600, the sculpt better be awesome. The tweaks will need to be on point. Otherwise, it will be a hard sell at $600.

It'll still sell. Where are you going to get another 1/4 classic styled Mags for less? Options are very limited and peeps will pick him up just to have the character in their collection even if they are less than thrilled with the PF. The OG XM Mags and Bel custom Mags sell for far more than the PF will.

Seein the Mark III, Deadpool 2nd... no way it's gonna be cheap.

It'll still sell. Where are you going to get another 1/4 classic styled Mags for less? Options are very limited and peeps will pick him up just to have the character in their collection even if they are less than thrilled with the PF. The OG XM Mags and Bel custom Mags sell for far more than the PF will.

I disagree ...but that's my opinion. At this point who knows ...it could go either way since we both don't have concrete evidence to definitively say it'll sell or not sell.

My post was more about me ...not collectors as a majority. This piece would be a hard sell for me if the tweaks are NOT on point and the sculpt is NOT awesome. That's because for me, it doesn't matter if the options are limited. I buy a statue only if it looks good to me, not because its the only one available. That's why I passed on statues like the Supergirl PF and Deathstroke PF.

Back