MAFEX The Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was charged for the BD T-800 but I'm gonna hold off on shipping it until a few more Mafex figures drop.

Pics are showing up from Asia on twitter:

F4YjPwDa4AAD9Jo.jpg
F4YjPwEaUAAxW7u.jpg
F4YjPv_a8AAz8M5.jpg

For me double elbows are part of the appeal of these figures because NECA only ever did single joints on their T1/T2 figures. But could they have been done better? I dunno. I can tolerate their appearance. Those same joints on bare human arms maybe not so much.

I wouldn't know how to get around that design. By no means would that stop me from buying this figure, but the gap distracts from the flow of the sleeve. Yeah, once you pose it in some other stance those joints won't be too big of an issue. It's just that my eyes were enjoying the figure from head to toe, only to be jarred at the elbows.:ROFLMAO:

He looks great. Can’t wait to get mine.

Yeah, ugly elbow joints are the trade off for that type of articulation. I don’t mind. Atleast we don’t have to worry about the jacket and belt detoriating.

I LOVE how they incorporated the Endo knee joint with functional articulation. I don’t see why NECA never did that for an Ultimate Battle Damage.

Some shots by Isaac Wong. Looks like they fixed the height issue as the T2 version is taller than the T1 release, so that's a big win. Also looks likes the face sculpt is less soft too.

markup_overview_image_259144604_438693.png

markup_overview_image_217605832_576905.png

I know they were going for the specific BD look…but I wish they still included his whole arm and hand as a accessory along with the robotic arm because he had his whole hand with this BD look before he lost it

I know they were going for the specific BD look…but I wish they still included his whole arm and hand as a accessory along with the robotic arm because he had his whole hand with this BD look before he lost it
Agreed. Could have easily came with two heads and a swap out arm/hand. So you could make this,

8EB23082-D4AA-4DD2-8FC0-E5D47453BC79.jpeg

Would have been the ultimate figure.

Yeah, not like those parts would have had to use a different jointing system from what I can see. Strange to omit them unless they want to release another figure. Maybe they do.

Arrived from Amazon Japan today. Don't really have anything else to display with him yet, only other 1/12th I have is the Hush line. For such a small figure the details are very impressive. Looking forward to the clean version and hoping we get more characters. T-1000, Sarah and John.

Makes me long for the days when Hot Toys cared about T1 and T2.

DSC_8392.JPG

DSC_8391.JPG

Considering how Mafex have approached the Robocop and TDK lines, I wouldn't be surprised if it comes as a separate release.

Back