MAFEX The Terminator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what did happen to the Great Twins 1/12 Endo that was supposed to release (?)

ENDOSKELETON_02-1.jpg

edit - Ah, found this article:

https://www.theterminatorfans.com/do-not-purchase-terminator-products-from-great-twins/

Had to refresh my memory on what T2 figures are coming and what they come with. It's the BD T-800 first (weird) and then just the one clean T-800 that mainly goes for the Cyberdyne look while also providing sunglasses, ungloved hands and Galleria accessories.

As with the T1 figure you're kinda left wondering if the provision of certain extras with the current figures on preorder means there won't then be any more figures like T1 Tech Noir, a T2 black shirt Galleria/Pescadero or a T2 semi-BD SWAT team assault/early Steel Mill T-800.

I just tend to assume most companies will exclude Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor and John Connor altogether. T-1000 seems likely though.

I definitely think the accessory pack-outs indicate that Medicom is treating these as "all in one" figures. Yeah, they've been known to do repaints or include extra parts for figures you were supposed to already buy, but releasing a figure with just a different colored t-shirt is a bit much ever for them.

My only gripe is there's no "light" battle damaged head with the main T-800 figure. I'm sure the fully damaged head will fit, but you know we're all "accuracy junkies" around here.

I imagine the problem with the T-1000 is the same that other companies faced: he has so many different looks, you pretty much need to make several completely different figures. I thought the very first McFarlane one all those years ago was cool with the exploded torso option. Something alone those lines would be good, but it would need to be able to look completely undamaged as well. The McFarlane one was permanently messed up, I think.

Not bad at all. Trouble is, they're not easily found over here. Every time I get a Mafex from Japan I always get stung for duty.

I definitely think the accessory pack-outs indicate that Medicom is treating these as "all in one" figures. Yeah, they've been known to do repaints or include extra parts for figures you were supposed to already buy, but releasing a figure with just a different colored t-shirt is a bit much ever for them.

My only gripe is there's no "light" battle damaged head with the main T-800 figure. I'm sure the fully damaged head will fit, but you know we're all "accuracy junkies" around here.

I imagine the problem with the T-1000 is the same that other companies faced: he has so many different looks, you pretty much need to make several completely different figures. I thought the very first McFarlane one all those years ago was cool with the exploded torso option. Something alone those lines would be good, but it would need to be able to look completely undamaged as well. The McFarlane one was permanently messed up, I think.

I definitely don't know why they wouldn't do a Tech Noir. It's such a vastly different look from later in the film. And yet they provided a Tech Noir head with the Police Station look, which might suggest they aren't gonna do an actual Tech Noir figure. Why not? Strange.

With the T-1000 I suppose they would do switch out front-torsos like NECA did with their Ultimate T-1000. They would surely want the option of the liquid metal bullet-squibs. But yeah there's a heck of a lot of different scenes to choose from and variation of the uniform

- basic patrol cop with duty belt
- full motorcycle cop
- back to patrol cop albeit with the pants and boots from motorcycle cop and no duty belt

And yeah, stuff like Cleaved Man (never officially done by anyone) and Pretzel Man (only done by McFarlane)

I'm not sure if they're still going due to the strike but last I checked they were.

I might go on the Sunday.

Not bad at all. Trouble is, they're not easily found over here. Every time I get a Mafex from Japan I always get stung for duty.

I've been ordering on BBTS (I just like to stick to who I know) and yeah I get hit for customs on almost everything now.

Some shots from twitter taken at the Medicom Exhibition:

View attachment 651192View attachment 651193View attachment 651194View attachment 651195View attachment 651196View attachment 651197View attachment 651198View attachment 651199

I missed the pre-order for the Endo. Wonder if I'll be able to get one at a reasonable price.

Again this overly evil HS on the endo, same as the build-your-terminator (forgot the company's name) and the HT QS. And everybody follows suit...

Still looking good. Just need to find a UK seller. I nearly bought a Boba Fett from one so people do get Mafex over here.

Back