Action Figure MAFEX Marvel Cinematic Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
isiw_03.jpg

isiw_07.jpg

isiw_09.jpg

https://www.medicomtoy.tv/blog/?p=49890

Mine will probably be here early next week, little worried about the breakage reports.

In the Amazon reviews for the Diamond Select version, there was also mention of leg breakages. Both companies seem to be using different types of joints in the legs (from what I can tell from picts), maybe the plastic isn't up to the task in both cases.

In the Amazon reviews for the Diamond Select version, there was also mention of leg breakages. Both companies seem to be using different types of joints in the legs (from what I can tell from picts), maybe the plastic isn't up to the task in both cases.

I saw Robo from Fwoosh use Revo joints as a replacement. If they're stronger I don't know how weak these Mafex ones can possibly be.

Thanks for the good pics Sachie!

Oh man I hope MaFex makes an Avengers (1 or 2) Thor with armor and sleeveless options! Dang this figure rocks!

Likeness isn't as great as the Figuarts, but I sold that one for 3x what I paid for it, so don't mind replacing it with this one lol.

Hey, sorry to ask, but does anyone know where I can find replacement parts for my brand new, just opened, and broken, Mafex Iron Spider?

Hey, sorry to ask, but does anyone know where I can find replacement parts for my brand new, just opened, and broken, Mafex Iron Spider?

Wow, was it damaged during shipping? You should try reaching out to the seller / vendor for a replacement.. Sorry about that.

Wow, was it damaged during shipping? You should try reaching out to the seller / vendor for a replacement.. Sorry about that.

No, ironically, I was carefully, slowly, pulling the joints apart to break them in to avoid, again, ironically, snapping one off. Thus my frustration. I wasn't just being careful, I was being SUPER careful because I saw everyone else having issues. Anyway, I reached out to the vendor but he said he cannot get replacement parts either. I'd pretty much have to buy a new figure for the one busted joint.

I ordered mine from HLJ, I should of posted this last week. I asked them about replacements and stuff and this was their response

We have actually heard from sources that this is a fundamental issue with the item.

Medicom is not doing anything, I think it's one of the most stubborn company's. We do know that they are re-issuing this item is late August/September with new and improved design.

When this happens we will be able to buy extra back parts and replace them for you.

Unfortunately is is a matter of waiting.

If they weren't doing another run of the Iron Spider I'd be ****ed. That's just so ****** of them. Initially I'd heard that people were saying they'd provide a fix, but doesn't seem like it to those who need it unless your supplier can get it. I'm sorry your supplier isn't able to get some parts. I've seen some people use revoltech joints as replacements.

I was super careful as well. First thing I did was pull the legs off the joints and throw the whole back piece in hot water for a few minutes. 3/4 moved after doing that (I fully think all 4 would have broken had I just tried to mess with it out of the box). One just wouldn't budge, I thought I was getting it but then it just broke.

I ordered mine from HLJ, I should of posted this last week. I asked them about replacements and stuff and this was their response

If they weren't doing another run of the Iron Spider I'd be ****ed. That's just so ****** of them. Initially I'd heard that people were saying they'd provide a fix, but doesn't seem like it to those who need it unless your supplier can get it. I'm sorry your supplier isn't able to get some parts. I've seen some people use revoltech joints as replacements.

I was super careful as well. First thing I did was pull the legs off the joints and throw the whole back piece in hot water for a few minutes. 3/4 moved after doing that (I fully think all 4 would have broken had I just tried to mess with it out of the box). One just wouldn't budge, I thought I was getting it but then it just broke.

That’s pretty similar to what I did. I carefully pulled them all apart. I worked the joint slowly while it was not in the arm. Was putting it back together and the last one was in at what I thought was an odd angle. I tried to correct it (almost no pressure), it snapped off. Sure to goodness their answer isn’t really, “you can buy the $100 figure again later”? I imagine it is, but it’s still beyond my ability to comprehend why you’d treat customers that way.

Some Mafex figures have been total pieces of ****. The C-3PO from the droid set can barely stand, everything literally falls apart. That's one, if not the only time I've felt robbed from a company. Tolerances were all wrong, joints wouldn't hold.

Back