Action Figure MAFEX Big Chap (Alien)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man, and you're welcome! I always enjoy writing about Alien figures!

Two more thoughts:

- Once you've fixed the dome, don't try to put the loose head back into the package: the plastic tray squeezes the dome and will probably make it pop out on the front again. That's the reason the dome on the extra head is always more displaced than on the regular one.
- Remember what I said about the green not being so noticeable in hand? Well... I lied, it's green AF! :lol I did the review at night, so the color wasn't very noticeable, but now in daylight it's impossible to ignore the green-ness of it.

Wow, terrific review abake.

I thought I might have mine today, I feel like it shipped long enough ago, it surely should arrive this week.

Overall the figure sounds pretty good apart from that damn green base colour.

Thanks man, I'm sure you'll have fun with it, it really is a great figure.
I'm waiting to see some talented artists start painting this up to make it truly outstanding. Unfortunately, may resident painter is crap at doing aliens, so I won't even bother.

A couple of pics from my iPhone...

bfa149c9b678dc2d720a0128b9352742.jpg

66fe0e482932c9f12012b745d3945676.jpg

Family portrait

867298e089cf724d63376b7a48b4ab23.jpg

Side by side with the Kotobukiya. Yeah, I was also surprised at how small it looks...

e00a86c2c483b810a6df526e54dd4ea8.jpg

A close-up of the paint chip, and notice how the upper thigh sculpt is tucked under the pelvis.

1bdbafc56473411d351df2d828a2ddcd.jpg

And a profile shot.

7697b383c67954282c6db6df7af2a89d.jpg

Sorry for the crappy quality!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Hey Abake, thanks for the superb review and awesome photos of this work of art. I want this figure so bad it hurts.

I'll be picking this up for sure. Nice pics guys. One of the best chap sculpts I've seen. I wish NECA would put out one with a head closer to what's on the Koto and Mafex pieces. I hate the look of theirs.

I'm frustrated that NECA doubled down on their sculpt and gave it those goofy large teeth. The v2.0 sculpt with the lowered upper lip, while not perfect, is very cool. A better factory, with improved articulation and better paint apps would have been sufficient for the "ultimate".

Yes I have mine. Thank you abake for the review and recommendations. I don't mean to complain..I understand no bicep swivel. But I thought Mafex would provide an elbow swivel. :eek:

Yeah, that’s true. Although I must say I haven’t missed that articulation much so far.

Got mine a few weeks ago, absolutely love it. Some parts were a bit loose but were easily fixed.
Mafex have got me hooked! :gah:

E3D7B13E-5BBB-4173-81BC-80D90EB3DF23.jpg

Thanks P. Yeah, I too find it odd that people don't really care much for how they pose their Alien Big Chap... I mean, look at how horribly NECA poses their Big Chap figures, absolutely no respect for how the creature moved in the film.
Of course, it's easier to get it right with the Aliens, A3, A:R, AvP, AvP-R, Prometheus and AC versions, because the aliens in those movies didn't really have that same poise and grace when they moved, but were rather more aggressive and animalistic.

This is the closest I could get it to the famous “alien taking a dump” pose...

8cf38d9a105e08e98d929017e7f6a855.jpg

The tail doesn’t have enough range of motion, unfortunately.

Well, sin e there’s such a depressing lack of photos of this little marvel, here’s a quick photographic essay of the Mafex “Big Chap”...

I managed to bend the back a bit more, good thing the tail prevented it from toppling over.

29fdc62d3c3afaa693910b3610c10bb5.jpg

Front view.

ddb7ad5a3d9921e74cc8f94285eca215.jpg

I like playing with the elongated impression of the creature, so I sometimes cheat by cropping the Format.

Trying to get the “springing at Dallas” vibe.

07aaa8467d1fddc15ef2d51847fe98b0.jpg

Back