Action Figure MAFEX Big Chap (Alien)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBTS has charged me for the Mafex Alien! :yess:
Now it's going to be a long wait...
I hope I get a decent dome, it would be crushingly depressing if I got a crap one.

I considered cancelling based on that dome issue but too late now.

''Lets see what we can see.....''

pop quiz, who in the alien franchise said those words^

Hopefully you guys enjoy it. If the dome was driving you batty, just wait until the arms start popping off.[emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When the arms do come off I recommended removing the shoulder joint from the torso before reattaching the arm. Seemed like I couldn't get proper leverage to attach the arm with the joint still in the torso and it would just end up coming off again. Everyone's milage may vary of course.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think almost every Mafex figure I've had, had something pop off within second of taking it out of the box. And there's always that monetary panic…but then I remind myself it's Mafex, and I pop the appendage back on with ease. The worst figure I've had was the Figma Hulk, sometimes you're practically left holding just the torso, it almost seems like it was designed to shed limbs like Fall leaves…I'm exaggerating, but still it's the worst one I've ever head with that problem.

I think almost every Mafex figure I've had, had something pop off within second of taking it out of the box. And there's always that monetary panic…but then I remind myself it's Mafex, and I pop the appendage back on with ease.

Same with me and Mafex is still my favorite 1:12 line. Batman 02 was a bit ridiculous but none of my Mafex figures are that bad. Even my Stormtroopers are fine. I've had zero issues with my alien since I fixed the arms shortly after I got it. Me thinks it wasn't assembled properly at the factory from the start.

i originally cancelled this
is it still worth it?
size bothers me
Huh seems perfect, here it is with a 6ft human with helmet on and a 7 ft Predator.
515150566f8fa814b506dd49a9a8f601.jpg

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

You have to remember though, that Bolaji had high heels inside his "alien" shoes.
Still, Giger's alien shouldn't be taller than the Predator.

Back