Action Figure MAFEX Big Chap (Alien)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems tapatalk will only let me upload crappy small versions of my crappy iPhone photos...
So here's a larger one!

unnamed-2.jpg

Yeah, I guess I'll just keep my monologue up in this thread... :lol

Just another pic of Giger's masterpiece.
IMG_E0796.jpg

I was just messing around with it, trying to find a cool pose, and I thought "yeah, this is nice!", only to realise that I had basically copied the old Cinemaquette pose... :slap
It's really hard to come up with an appropriately natural "alien" pose, because it's really an awkward creature when you really analyse it. It's beautiful and eerie and scary, but quite awkward. I can understand why ADI changed it to make it more animalistic, unfortunately, that takes away from its beauty and eeriness.

Yeah, I guess I'll just keep my monologue up in this thread... :lol

Just another pic of Giger's masterpiece.
View attachment 474313

I was just messing around with it, trying to find a cool pose, and I thought "yeah, this is nice!", only to realise that I had basically copied the old Cinemaquette pose... :slap
It's really hard to come up with an appropriately natural "alien" pose, because it's really an awkward creature when you really analyse it. It's beautiful and eerie and scary, but quite awkward. I can understand why ADI changed it to make it more animalistic, unfortunately, that takes away from its beauty and eeriness.

Beautiful photos as ever Abake.

Amiami has this for approx $58 USD right now before shipping; of course being in Japan, I'll have to wait until the Coronavirus quarantine is lifted for mail, but can't wait.

Last edited:
Damn, that's a great price...

Definitely. Let's see how much shipping adds...

Update: so using DHL, which is super fast shipping (under normal circumstances), the grand total is 8,420 Jpy so assuming bing or google is accurate, going to be just under $79

Not bad at all.

Got the Alien bug. Ordered the NECA '79 Concept alien (translucent white).

Last edited:
Got my figure the other day and for the money, it's awesome. The golden brown paint as seen in the prototype pics does not look as obvious in person on the final figure. I may do a little dry brush to make that a tad more obvious.

Fav accessory: chestburster, complete with chest-bursting blood, but designed as a standalone accessory. LOL, like why? I would be down for more figures from Mafex.

Awesome, looking forward to pics of your work on it!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Cool. Settling on the right brown. Want to go for a slightly metallic look with it.

What are you all using with the disembodied chest burster? NECA human figure or just in box?

Their human figures are usually better than the aliens themselves.
I have all Ripleys, Bishop, Newt, Hudson, Hicks, Lambert, Kane, Dallas, Vickers, Shaw, David and Fifield, and none of them have major issues, just a couple of stuck joints on Dallas and Lambert.

Their human figures are usually better than the aliens themselves.
I have all Ripleys, Bishop, Newt, Hudson, Hicks, Lambert, Kane, Dallas, Vickers, Shaw, David and Fifield, and none of them have major issues, just a couple of stuck joints on Dallas and Lambert.

Their faces aren't the best though? The protos look amazing but the final figures seem kinda off. Or, have they gotten a tad better?

Got this a couple days ago and really like it. QC is good. Nothing falls off no paint issues. Only issue is the alternate head's dome sticks a little too far out front. The detail is amazing!! I'm so glad this came out. The Kotobukiya is awesome but statues aren't really my cup of tea. Off to look at ALIEN images for a sweet pose!

That moment when you're bore with your alien being in the same pose for months, but it's so perfect you just leave it like that...

IMG_1739.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

:yess:

Back