MADAME WEB (another Sony stinker)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Adam Scott and Emma Roberts are said to be playing Uncle Ben and Aunt May, so is Peter still being breast fed in this universe? If that’s true wtf are Sony thinking.

Adam Scott and Emma Roberts are said to be playing Uncle Ben and Aunt May, so is Peter still being breast fed in this universe? If that’s true wtf are Sony thinking.
So Uncle Ben is a paramedic now? Adam Scott was the other NYFD paramedic with Dakota Johnson early in that clip. OK sure, why not? :lol

🤔 I don’t know how I feel about this. Maybe I’m just tired… but how are you gonna make a movie like this without Spider-Man? To be honest it wouldn’t surprise me when venom 3 comes out if Spider-Man‘s not even in it as funny as Hollywood seems to be.

A dark comedy with JK Simmons as J Jonah Jameson, I could see that being interesting if it was written well.

A story about Uncle Ben and Aunt May and the custody of Peter Parker. There's enough "canon" material there. The wanna be gangster / thief who courted Aunt May first before Ben. The relationship between Uncle Ben and Peter's father before death. May's relationship with the Watson family. In the vein of the current MCU quippy humor / no guns ever zone? Probably not going to work. But in the mold of DiCaprio and Winslet in Revolutionary Road? That could get adult viewers into it.

A limited run series with Ned Leeds and Betty Brant ( Jacob Batalon and Angourie Rice are both pretty good actors and did well given such limited spotlight in the MCU) I wouldn't say like Ms Marvel, but more like Nick And Norah's Infinite Playlist.

There's stuff out there in the Spiderman lore that might work, but the MCU should try essential minor characters first and those played by actually good performers ( JK Simmons, too bad Cliff Robertson is gone now because he was a fantastic Uncle Ben, there's a wealth of potential in Aunt May's first "bad boy" boyfriend in Johnny Jerome for any number of young capable actors, etc)

I was a medic in NY.

This movie is for me can’t wait super excited.
I'm sure it'll be super realistic and bring back many memories on the job.... :rotfl

How many radioactive Spider bites did you treat? They seem to be awfully common up there in NY.

I saw a plot leak for this and venom 3 and if that’s true then Sony must of finally got that pure uncut snow that was hitting in the 70s

Like WB. These idiots are sitting on actual interesting characters and could make a… oh I don’t know. A Spider-Man 2099 movie? But nah let’s pump out these crap tastic movies that look like ai generated cw trash . What’s up with that stupid Ezekiel suit?
Why do they let avi arad or whomever make these stupid choices?

I saw a plot leak for this and venom 3 and if that’s true then Sony must of finally got that pure uncut snow that was hitting in the 70s

Like WB. These idiots are sitting on actual interesting characters and could make a… oh I don’t know. A Spider-Man 2099 movie? But nah let’s pump out these crap tastic movies that look like ai generated cw trash . What’s up with that stupid Ezekiel suit?
Why do they let avi arad or whomever make these stupid choices?
They could make a Spider-Man 2099 movie, but it wouldn’t be good.

Sony is sooo stupid. All they had to do from day one was let Disney/MCU have Parker Spider-Man and they could've done their universe with Miles Morales Spider-Man. And then did a proper live action Spiderverse movie with the 2 together.. Would've been a huge success if done right. And a proper diverse hero to lead a franchise. How the heck was this not considered :slap

Especially considering how hugely popular the animated spiderverse movies proved to be. And I believe the Sony PS game with Miles sold damn good as well.

Instead we keep getting crappy terrible choice after terrible choice with movies that make no sense in creating a Spiderverse with no Spidey. Dumbest franchise in history.

Yet again, it's not superhero fatigue. It's BAD superhero movie after movie (and TV shows) fatigue. All Hollywood execs need to be purged.

Last edited:
Yea again like you said it’s not superhero fatigue. It’s bad stories/characters. The reason why people went to watch these movies is cause they WANTED to see these characters on screen and stories told. The reason captain marvel 1 did good is cause it was building up to something big.
So now they are making movies about characters nobody cares about and trying to build up to something nobody cares about. I don’t know who on earth thinks we want to see the sinister 6 so badly. They been trying to tease that in asm2 and it ruined the franchise so why the hell would anyone still want to see it?
I swear the only people who are dumber than Sony is WB

The script from that trailer plays like CW TV show. No joke.

It's the typical Manhattan college educated girl writing s TV show based on 90s comedy Mixed with CW teen angst and drama with a splash of girl power.

WTF was that?? :dunno

Why is that called Madame Web? Has anyone currently at Sony ever read an actual comic book? Did they just Google Spider-Man characters, pick a few and call it a day?

Sony has definitely gone of the rails. Who's this even for? 4 teenage girl bosses who I guess have spider powers? And fight an evil Spider-Man as the villain? This looks more like a CW show that will be cancelled after the 1st season.

Morbius and Kraven don't look so bad now. :lol

Hell, The Marvels looks like a masterpiece compared to this.
Amazing how after you've looked into the abyss, the meal you have in front of you will do just fine. :lol
This looks:poop:
I wish these companies would just give me the money they blow on this:poop: I'd put it to better use.

Amazing how after you've looked into the abyss, the meal you have in front of you will do just fine. :lol
This looks:poop:
I wish these companies would just give me the money they blow on this:poop: I'd put it to better use.
What a mess of a movie this looks to be.

They will definitely girl boss the heck out of this. I say bring it on. I do wonder if it was written by an AI and edited by a team of feminists?

That trailer dialogue is very suspect. It's so bad and generic...just hummm....

Not one single drop of originality in each line of dialogue spoken or scene from the trailer so far. 0/10

Back