Lurtz Side vs Lurtz Weta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurtz Side VS. Lurtz Weta

• Sideshow

Votes: 108 81.8%
  • Weta

Votes: 24 18.2%

• Total voters
Sideshow has a better dental plan than Weta. :monkey5

Also, something to think about... They were both probably painted by the same people. :monkey1

Furthermore, Sideshow can't be better because they didn't work on the movies. :stick

Finally, it would be interesting if this same poll was posted on the Weta forums to see if there is a difference in the voting. :wave

Sideshow, I've never like those weta statues,except for Sauron.

Great pics for comparisons!. The first one makes me chuckle:lol though. It's seems to say to me "Lortz always tried to visit his cousin Lurtz as often as possible".

Being serious though. As much as i love the Weta stuff, Sideshow's Lurtz is the one for me.

Shai Hulud said:
Sideshow, I've never like those weta statues,except for Sauron.

:rock:rock:rock:rock I only have Sauron and Berserker and planning on selling Berserker pretty soon

Weta did a lot of really nice pieces. This SS version is better but the SSW line was/is a kick ass line. I think the pieces from that line are simply some of the best.

Gondor59 said:
Both lines are nice, but overall....Sideshow/WETA is the best of the two lines. :winner
Considering there are only two pf figures and four 12" figures so far for the Sideshow LOTR line, I would have to agree.

Asd far as the original topic goes, I voted for the Sideshow Lurtz. I didn't realize how different the two look. I like them both but the PF Lurtz gets my vote.

The WETA Lurtz looks somehow cartoonish, to me compared to the Sideshow... The paint apps on the eyes I think are reponsible for that. Plus I like how the mouth on the Sidehsow one just sticks out more... Also a paintapps issue.

The sculpt and paint seem much more accurate in the Sideshow version. I loved the weta line while I owned it, and I was a few short pieces away from having the complete collection, but I would much prefer to have fewer pieces that seem more film accurate. I can't wait to see the Frodos side by side!

Once again I think this is a great thread
And although I love Weta's sculpt I think SS has done a great job and yes a better job. They brought Lurtz Hair Band up, and made the White Hand look better which makes it look more accurate to the film

Back