LOTR Extended Edition Blu-Ray Preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow over 100 pages already over at Blu-ray.com on the colour timing and the apparent green tinge on FOTR.

Whether it's a mistake or not i was going to wait a bit so hopefully there is some announcement advising whether it is intentional or not.:dunno

It does look really greenish...
mmhmmm... wonder if I should cancel my pre-order?...
I want these badly, but I just hope it isn't as noticeable as on those last screen grabs...
:dunno...

Got it...
____ it, I'll keep my order, these are some of my favorite movies ever... I cannot pass owning them on BD... besides I like the EE better than the Theatrical releases... :D

Side note the EE in the theaters right now are remastered as well. I believe it's the same as te Blu ray EE and they looked fine on the big screen.

Can't Wait for this and Starwars been holding off watching these again after spending a grand on my sound system over a year ago. Never watched swa or lotr in surround sound

Pics weeny. :tap

$(KGrHqIOKioE3FYNJ40UBN7)rFMIeg~~_12.JPG

It has a gatefold sleeve and the ring itself comes in a seperate box. The ring is nice and the chain is heavy and looks like Frodo's. You can get one for $10 at Best Buy and you wouldn't have to get the movies then. They're also selling them on eBay as well.

$(KGrHqUOKpoE3wrt)BFUBN-WDUMVC!~~_12.JPG

The back has movie stills and also lists the acadamy awards for each movie. Since I had gift certificates, I got the Best Buy exclusive package with the chess pieces and got this ring for free.

Last edited:
Looks great! Thanks for the pics... now if you would just take pictures of them behind something slightly reflective... :monkey3

Looks cool.

Would look sweet next to my Dead Man's Chest and Grail Diary. :rock

Wow, these comparison shots of FOTR:EE show how bad the green really is, especially in shots with white colors like snow and waterfalls. Thank God I prefer the the theatrical edition of that particular movie or I'd be pretty upset.

https://blubrew.com/2011/06/16/the-fellowship-of-the-ring-extended-edition/

Apart from the one with the hobbits and snow, I think all the rest are a much more natural and vibrant colour. The trees and everything in Rivendell look more alive, while the Balrog for example has had green taken out, making the Balrog look more intense.

I picked this up at BestBuy, I was going pickup Season 3 of Breaking Bad on BluRay. When I got out my truck there was a 10 dollar bill on the ground. Looked around, picked it up and proceeded into the store. Then I noticed the One Ring Box, 10 dollar preorder for the LOTR Set. Haha the Ring choose me;) My girlfriend was teasing me the whole time. Rings pretty cool, but it doesn't have the inscription on the inside

Apart from the one with the hobbits and snow, I think all the rest are a much more natural and vibrant colour. The trees and everything in Rivendell look more alive, while the Balrog for example has had green taken out, making the Balrog look more intense.

You do realize that the pics on the left are the before pictures don't you? ;) I don't know how you can look at those and think that the pics on the right are more "vibrant." The entire controversy is over the dimming effect the new green tint has on the whole film, and of course the fact that its now green in the first place.

I loved the orange glow that Rivendell used to have. It was very ethereal. Glad we still have the theatrical FOTR blu-ray (even though its transfer isn't perfect, at least the colors are correct) and I look forward to viewing the EE's for TTT and ROTK.

You do realize that the pics on the left are the before pictures don't you? ;) I don't know how you can look at those and think that the pics on the right are more "vibrant." The entire controversy is over the dimming effect the new green tint has on the whole film, and of course the fact that its now green in the first place.

I loved the orange glow that Rivendell used to have. It was very ethereal. Glad we still have the theatrical FOTR blu-ray (even though its transfer isn't perfect, at least the colors are correct) and I look forward to viewing the EE's for TTT and ROTK.

Yes, I know the left side images are the older ones. The only one that is wrong is the one with the hobbits and the snow, that is too green. But the rest are much better (and I've looked at it on two different monitors now).
Look at the Gandalf one, the left is way too orange, ppl are not orange, his hair and cloak shouldn't be orange either. Now look at the right one, face a much better skin tone, the hair and cloak are now grey, how can you say that isn't better.
Look at the Rivendell Council one, again the left is way too orange, from the tress that should be green, to everyone's hair colour. Now look at the right one, much better skin tones, hair that is more blond for Legolas and brown for Borimir and the back of the head of Aragorn.
I could continue with pretty much every other comparison shot (other then the Hobbits/Bill/Snow one).

Back