Lord of the Rings in Blu-Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I hear you, but I'm the idiot who bought the theatrical DVD versions, the Extended Editions, AND the combo theatrical / EE versions. Might as well do it on Blu-Ray as well. :cuckoo:

yeah i bought the original discs also, then the biggest mistake of my life i ended up buy the giftbox sets at walmart when they were on sale for $10 (reg price was $75 i think), well guess what, them giftbox sets started me on this path of collecting cause i had to hunt down the matching mail-in order accompanying pieces to go along with them and the flood gates opened up :monkey2

Bought all as well. Don't regret it a bit. These are three of my all time top of the heap faves. So I'll do it on Blu as well.

Sold out, holy ^^^^ that was a good price.

I wonder if the price is the same in the stores. I'm gonna check on my way to my parent's house.

Sold out, holy ^^^^ that was a good price.

I wonder if the price is the same in the stores. I'm gonna check on my way to my parent's house.

I heard it was, if you want to brave the Black Friday crowds. Talk about it is in the Movie forum.

That was a great deal but id rather wait for the extended cuts on bluray cause I never seen any of the extended cuts.

A terrific price, but no interest for me. I've never watched the theatrical releases since the vastly superior [IMO] extended versions came out, and I'm not about to start now. Besides, you just know there will eventually be a BluRay edition that includes both the reg. and extended versions. :lecture

Last edited:
Wasn't able to find it at the Target store I went to. Oh well, not that big a deal to me. I'd probably never watch them anyway, as I much prefer the EE's

Can anyone who owns the Blu Ray editions tell me if they really do feature subtitles in 15 or so different languages. I've seen them advertised as featuring multiple subtitle options, and thought that they could be a useful aide for my language studies (Russian, at the moment)

It's easy for me to find Russian films with English subs, but not vice versa. Russian versions of American films are almost always dubbed over, and I've never seen a US DVD with Russian subs.

I'd definitely buy these if they really do have the option for Russian subtitles. Can anyone verify this for me.

Thanks in advance.

I've seen them advertised as featuring multiple subtitle options, and thought that they could be a useful aide for my language studies (Russian, at the moment)

So you can say 'Bring your pretty face to my axe!' in Russian? :lol

Not sure to be honest, mine just says english subtitles, unless you can select more options on the dvd menu itself :dunno

Everyone should just do what i did, and let their mother-in-law buy it for them as a birthday present! :rotfl

So I got an email that the S.O.B.s at Target cancelled my Blu-Ray order for the Trilogy. And I placed the order early (Wed. evening) too. Anyone else?

Email basically said 3 things (in slightly less pathetic-sounding language):
- they ran out of them
- they don't know how to get more
- if i want to wait for it to somehow get in-stock, I have to pay original price

So did anyone get an extra in-store on Black Friday for 7.99 that they're looking to sell?

I don't think anyone got one. Target screwed up on the price and that's what they told everyone without admitting the mistake.

Back