Looking for input on good statues for certain characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mutant-man

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi, all. Relatively new to the hobby, and as I try to find statues of my favorite characters, I'm becoming overwhelmed by how many versions of, say, Spider-Man or Captain A are out there.

So, my question is this. For the following list of characters, what are some good statues, Bowen or SS or otherwise, that I should consider?

1) Spider-Man (classic red/blue)
2) Black Spidey
3) Captain A
4) Wolverine
5) Dr. Doom

Thanks!

1Spiderman classic best is the comequette
2) Iike the back in back comequette
3) captain America pf is awesome the movie one is also good
4) wolverine pf is great but looks much better with sabertooth there's a new pf coming though.
5) the doom pf is awesome but very expensive on eBay there's apparently a new pf coming soon as well

Hope that helps I only collect 1/4 so that's all I know sorry :)

1) SSC spiderman comiquette
2) not sure on this one, hot toys released a nice one recently
3)SSC comic cap PF
4) SSC wolverine comiquette
5) SSC doom PF

1) SSC spiderman comiquette
2) not sure on this one, hot toys released a nice one recently
3)SSC comic cap PF
4) SSC wolverine comiquette
5) SSC doom PF

As I feared, getting these statues is going to be a major investment. I'm basically trying to get statues of all my favorite characters from the Secret Wars storyline. I had those awesome figures as a kid!

As I feared, getting these statues is going to be a major investment. I'm basically trying to get statues of all my favorite characters from the Secret Wars storyline. I had those awesome figures as a kid!

the doom EX and the spidey comiquette alone will cost you almost $3500 combined

1. Spider-Man comiquette. (Expensive, but must-have)
2. Back in Black comiquette.
3-5. Wait for new comiquettes/PF's/statues.

1) Spider-Man (classic red/blue)- I am in the minority, but I like the PF better than the comiquette.

2) Black Spidey- Back in Black comiquette

3) Captain A- The original PF is- by far- the best representation of Captain America

4) Wolverine- The original comiquette looks better than the PF, but I am 100% sure a brown/orange Wolverine with an X base in coming soon.

5) Dr. Doom- The original Doom pf. Period. I highly doubt Sideshow will ever make another statue that is as perfect.

The obvious ones are already listed, so I'll skip them and list a few alternatives that you can still get at retail price:

1) 1:6 Koto Spiderman

2) 1:4 Back in Black Com

3) 1:6 Bowen metallic Cap, 1:6 Bowen action cap, 1:6 Koto Cap

4) wait for 1:4 new Wolverine PF, or 1:6 Koto X-force Wolverine

5) wait for 1:4 new Doom, or Koto 1:6 doom, Bowen 1:6 doom on castle

All of these are after the Spiderman Com, Cap PF, Doom PF, etc.. You should try to get the PF/Com first, but if they're out of your price range than take a look at my list above for stuff you can still get at retail price.

-

Last edited:
Thanks for all of the great input, especially some of the alternatives. I'm amazed that some of these pieces have become so valuable, and I suppose that I hope they actually age well. I mean, I'd feel silly spending a few grand on statues whose colors fade or paint flakes 10, 20 years down the line.

1:
200065-press01-001_480x640.jpg

2:
200008_press01-001.jpg

3:
AAAAAlISCH4AAAAAAEDMMg.jpg

4:
3411993943_4ecb043e1c.jpg

StatueCollection3009.jpg

Hi, all. Relatively new to the hobby, and as I try to find statues of my favorite characters, I'm becoming overwhelmed by how many versions of, say, Spider-Man or Captain A are out there.

So, my question is this. For the following list of characters, what are some good statues, Bowen or SS or otherwise, that I should consider?

1) Spider-Man (classic red/blue)
2) Black Spidey
3) Captain A
4) Wolverine
5) Dr. Doom

Thanks!

I sure hope you have some Deep Pockets; Mutant, Great Choices Welcome to the Show

I've been after a Back in Black Spidey for a while now but the price seems to have abruptly shot up. Can't afford what I've seen lately.

For Wolverine I'm a big fan of the PF. It's not perfect but I decided to get it after doing the same thing as Mutant-Man last year, trying to find my favorite statue of my favorite characters. I feel like with Gambit and Wolverine I had great success but Spider-Man's #1 fan can't afford the Com or BiB. :( But there are other good pieces if you don't need a certain scale.

Ms marvel for her superb sculpt and comic appearances!

Did you even read his question? :slap:cuckoo:

I won't give mine since it'll be redundant but if you're gonna fork out that amount of dough forget everything else on the list & focus on Doom. Highest echelon of Sideshow's Marvel pieces in my opinion.

Back