Looking for input on good statues for certain characters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand how come nobody really like the BIB spidey in the beginning and now it's everybody's favorite.
I remember ppl were trying to get rid of that piece for below retail and I was contemplating picking up a second one to fix the bug eyes.

I agree with most peoples choices, but I also would like to mention the action BD Wolverine yellow outfit.
DSC00396.jpg

I don't understand how come nobody really like the BIB spidey in the beginning and now it's everybody's favorite.
I remember ppl were trying to get rid of that piece for below retail and I was contemplating picking up a second one to fix the bug eyes.

I agree with most peoples choices, but I also would like to mention the action BD Wolverine yellow outfit.
DSC00396.jpg

Well it is the best Black Spider-Man statue. As a newer collector I see these "grails" and other well loved statues but what I'm learning is they weren't all sell outs or immediate successes. Even Wolverine PF, my pic as best Wolverine which many don't like, I got a Reg last year below retail, and now the Reg sells for significantly more than SS's original full price.

That Bowen Wolverine is nice. If it was 1/4 with more detail you know people on this forum would have been all on it. Same with a lot of Bowens that really are good looking statues.

I know this thread has been dead for awhile, but now that I've had time to shop around and look at pieces more carefully, I figured I'd ask a couple of follow up questions concerning Wolverine.

The consensus in this thread seems to be that the Comiquette is superior to PF. Looking for more thoughts on the subject.

Also, has there been any news on a new Wolvie? Someone here said something about a brown/orange suit version. That'd be great since my only real attachment to Wolverine was from the Secret Wars figures I had as a kid.

Thanks, gang.

Adam

I've owned both the com and PF. I liked the metal claws on the PF and the masked expression, but the color was too bright and the cloth really did look like pajamas. The com is smaller in size (it is not 1/5) but the detail is much greater and the colors more subdued. I like the com a lot more though both are nice. as for the brown suit, talk of that has been going around for years with no sign or hint of one forthcoming.

Thanks. That's helpful. I really like the overall look of the Comiquette, but the Logan face doesn't look very good. It's a toss up, but I'll probably lean towards the PF. Other opinions?

Thanks. That's helpful. I really like the overall look of the Comiquette, but the Logan face doesn't look very good. It's a toss up, but I'll probably lean towards the PF. Other opinions?

I would just stick with the reg Wolverine comiquette. I like both versions of the reg heads of Wolverine. Both ex heads are in my mind a little off. You could save some money by just picking up the reg.

I personally like the reg comiquette head more then the reg PF, however, I like the body sculpt more with the pF then the reg. Both great statues though.

4s1mch.jpg
w1
nysgf8.jpg
w2
345fsi9.jpg
w3
33eoqp5.jpg
w4
2z8tc92.jpg
w5

Hi, all. Relatively new to the hobby, and as I try to find statues of my favorite characters, I'm becoming overwhelmed by how many versions of, say, Spider-Man or Captain A are out there.

So, my question is this. For the following list of characters, what are some good statues, Bowen or SS or otherwise, that I should consider?

1) Spider-Man (classic red/blue)
2) Black Spidey
3) Captain A
4) Wolverine
5) Dr. Doom

Thanks!

1) SSC Spiderman Comiquette definitely
2) I'm partial to the Spiderman 3 movie SSC statue (love the pose)
3) SSC Comic version PF
4) I like the diorama with Sabertooth
5) The PF is very expensive in after market but the LSF coming up is looking awesome.

Back