Looking for a few good men: 1/6 Aliens USCM BDUs redux ..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ORDER RECEIVING QUEUE
----------------------------
1. badhatharry x 2 (Male 2), +
2. Lieutenant Dan x 2 (Male 2), +
3. The Great Shaggy x 5 (Male 3, Female 2), +
4. formica99 x 5 (Male 4, Female 1), +
5. spaceout x 7 (Male 7), +
6. Jediguy x 5 (Male 4, Female 1), +
7. Wild Geese x 2 (Male 2), *
8. Dutch Azalon x 6 (M 4, F 2), +
9. Sgt. Adams Colonial Marines x 2, +
10. Spellbinder x 2, +
11. Valken x 6, (M 4, F 2), +
12. Spook_Nukem x 2, *
13. Cpl Smith x 1, +
14. Cpl. Sheppard x 2, *
15. Mudshark x 4, +
16. Doc x 2, *
17. gman666 x 2, *
18. FIDO x 1, *
19. gawnday x 2, (F 2), *
60 of 30 minimum confirmed
ORDER QUEUE CLOSED.

The pre-order is now closed as scheduled NOV 8th, 2009. We will begin the mfg. process by first printing the 1/6 camo. cloth which I will be departing for China today. Please stay tuned to the thread for updates.

In the meantime, can we get everyone to double check his/her respective order to make sure the number of sets, the type of sets (male or female) is correct. We still have time for corrections. We will be making 10% surplus on the total order accordingly just to cover any contingencies including record keeping errors just in case. Anyone who missed out on the pre-order can check with us at the end of the delivery after everyone on the queue has received their order for any spare sets (there will be very limited number of spares available expected).

Thanks for your cooperation thus far~! ;)

Last edited:
ORDER RECEIVING QUEUE
1. badhatharry x 2 (Male 2), +
2. Lieutenant Dan x 2 (Male 2), +
3. The Great Shaggy x 5 (Male 3, Female 2), +
4. formica99 x 5 (Male 4, Female 1), +
5. spaceout x 7 (Male 7), +
6. Jediguy x 5 (Male 4, Female 1), +
7. Wild Geese x 2 (Male 2), *
8. Dutch Azalon x 6 (M 4, F 2), +
9. Sgt. Adams Colonial Marines x 2, +
10. Spellbinder x 2, +
11. Valken x 6, (M 4, F 2), +
12. Spook_Nukem x 2, *
13. Cpl Smith x 1, +
14. Cpl. Sheppard x 2, (M 1, F 1), *
15. Mudshark x 4, +
16. Doc x 2, *
17. gman666 x 2, *
18. FIDO x 1, *
19. gawnaday x 2, (F 2), *
20. cdn_rhino x 5, (M 4, F 2), +
66 of 30 minimum confirmed
ORDER QUEUE CLOSED.

Female Sized BDUs Total: 13 sets

Update -- Time for some news finally. I last left China on Novmber 20th. I am scheduled to go back once my child gets out of school for Winter break to continue where we left off. Last we left the samples at cloth printer. I will have a looksy at the new 1/6 camouflage cloth once back in, and once it is up to speck will get the length over to the tailor(s). Our head tailor on the project is back in town on 20th, which is good news as it means she's had her vacation and won't be closing shop this winter. Stay tuned~!

Bump for status update.

Also it seem hke-bay on ebay is selling some "alien usmc uniform" from an unknown local source so I hope your hard work isn't being used to make easy money for somebody else.

Bump for status update.

Also it seem hke-bay on ebay is selling some "alien usmc uniform" from an unknown local source so I hope your hard work isn't being used to make easy money for somebody else.

Those BDU's have been around awhile nothing new.

Heya Guys .. just got back from China last night. Sorry for the delay, as expected there always are in this process, as was the last time we did the 1/6 BDUs ..

I've just confirmed that the 1/6 cloth I just approved after 2 rejects samples will be in hand middle of this coming week, which will be express to me in Hong Kong for green light. It will take just 3 days to print the length. For our purposes -- this isn't much (just 4 meters this time around), which is part of the trick which must be pulled, as the cloth companies I worked with are expecting hundreds of yards, when all we need are the actual sample length I've managed to extract. Normally, test samples are no bigger than a A4 swatch.

In any event, the cloth is expected within this week. Thereafter, I expect the first batch of BDUs to be tailored in batches of 10 at first. That means we should be able to deliver the first orders within this month, with everyone's orders done by early next month.

Once again apologies for the big wait. For your patience, I will be printing up patch sets to include with each of your orders so that will be one less thing you will be needing. Thanks and please stay tuned for updates within this week~!

Hey Guys, as promised here's the latest update. We have the sample length in hand of 4 meters from our second cloth supllier (we changed suppliers when the first could not supply the length necessary to make the BDU run). And .. afraid there will be a slight delay, due to we are having the cloth supplier re-make the entire 4 meter length for us again.

6thCamoSample1.gif

You can see from the small swatch of cloth, to the left is our 1st version made for Chris Chulamanis, and the HOT TOYS BDUS for size comparason. The clown suit is the mock-up from our tailor team. To the right is one of my 1:1 USCM camouflage helmet covers for color accuracy comp..

6thCamoSample2.gif

To my eye, going from lightest to darkest of the four colors necessary for USCM camo., colors 4 and 3 are good to go. However, our cloth supplier fudged colors 2 and 1 in what looks to me like an attempt to just ligthten color 3 twice thinking that that's good enough. Well, I don't believe that's the most accurate we can get, so I've ordered the re-do.

As for the mock-up BDU, I would say the tailors have got 90% of the details down, but I need to speak to them face-2-face to make a few detail adjustments. For example, the tunic pockets they made were simple flat pockets with no inverted envelope pleat like we had done for FNG; they just looked at the HOT TOY's version and assumed that was the way to do it. They also didn't turn the left cargo pocket enough to face the outside and not the front. Without my meeting with them, I'm worried that the taiors will incorporate those errors when we get the proper camouflage cloth next week sometime.

So, I'm off to China for a 1 day trip just to take care of these things. I will have more news in the coming. I aplogize for the delay, but I believe it will be worth the time spent to get these details right for the best results. As with the run we made for Chris, all of these type of things happened all along the process as well, so it's expected. Thanks for your understands & stay tune~!

Outstanding update, M-A-A. Making sure all those little details get done right is well worth the wait. Many thanks for all the extra time and care you're putting into this project! :D

Update --

Fellas, as promised we are chopping ahead full speed on this project. Here is the latest mock-up using the first cloth:

MockUp2a.gif

MockUp2b.gif

I would give this set about 95% of passing QC. I'm not happy yet with the shirt pockets and flaps, and this will be addressed immediately to the tailors. Thereafter, 1 more mock-up which will need to hit 100% before thumbs up to produce the run of orders.

A bit of bad news -- we did not get back the improved colors re-print of the camouflage cloth, as the annual Lunar New Year break impeded on the progression there. I've been told it will be the last part of February when the factory re-opens, and just a matter of several days before we can get the improved colored cloth. Sorry about that -- this set back came un-expected as we had thought the factory still retain the 1:1 swatch of USCM camo. cloth we sent them, but they threw that piece out, and before we discover this -- the factory went on break before we could send out another piece of swatch for color reference.

However, please rest assure we will be ready to crank these orders out just as soon as the annual break is over with. Thanks much~! ;)

Update --

Okay, everyone is coming back to work this coming week in China. I just spoke with the cloth man. The wife will be sending him a piece of our 1/1 USCM camo. cloth for them to re-do the 4 meter 1/6 print for what we need. The tailor has been making more mock-ups to show me the consistancy. I last went over how I wanted the breast pockets to be. So everything is falling into place. Should be sometime in the week after next the cloth will arrive at the tailors and then the run will be made. Please expect about 7~10 sets per 7 days will be the approximate speed we can fill these orders. Please stay tuned~! Tnx ;)

Update -- Guys, as of this writing the tailor is sewing the first 2nd print camo. cloth suits. We adjusted once again some sewing issues along with the correcting the previously reported biggish pants. I will be in China in the middle of the next upcoming week. I can report that we expect the first 50 men's BDUs to be sewn up around the end of March, to be followed by the rest which includes the women sized BDUs. It is important to produce the men's first becuz there are more of those, then do the women's size after all of the men size orders are filled, in order to switch sizing and avoid confusing the tailors. Please stay tune for the first look next. Tnx~!

PS -- apologies for lapse of update to this forum, although the OSW mirror thread was. I didn't remember the URL of this one. I was away for 2 weeks to get my knee evaluated for ACL reconstruction and knee realignment surgeries. I'm back now for pushing to get these orders delivered.

Here's a scan of the front & back of the final version shirt:

FinalShirt1.jpg

FinalShirt2.jpg

FinalPants1.jpg

FinalPants2.jpg

Expect olive green threads when they are sewn up and done. Stay tuned~! ;)

Last edited:
Update --

I'm on my way this evening to China. We finally received word that 29 sets are completed. I've also ordered and wil be receiving a third run of additional 1/6 camouflage cloth. Stay tuned for details, looksies (and some more horror stories which we yet endure in this project).

Update -- we have the first batch in hand. I will be contacting the top of the delivery list who have the male version ordered until the batch is out. The next batch ETA is about a week or so more. I have printed some patches in testing (this is the hold up now). Our fancy shmancu HP C309A is simply not as brilliant as the old HP (from 4 years ago) it replaced. But I will whip something up for each order. Then for those who aren't satisfied with these freebie patches can try to DIY yourself. ;)

ReduxBDUBatch1.gif

Back