Looking for a few good men: 1/6 Aliens USCM BDUs redux ..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Want to let everyone know that these BDU's are great in every way just got my 4 male sets today.

I had returned from China with the 3rd batch so all orders WIP are now completed and accounted for. I will be shipping off once I get back again. Currently in Taipei to get my knee injury evaluated. Tnx~!

For anyone who missed the pics I posted in Wor-Gar's "How to build your HT Colonial Marines correctly" thread, here's an example of MAA's BDU set on my WIP Hicks, taken in natural light, with my SA USCM BDU shirt (also made by MAA) in the background for comparison.

P1010131-1.jpg

P1010129.jpg

We have shipped all outstanding orders which have been paid in full W/O balance. If you see an X as the final entry in your queue position, this means
your order has been shipped and this includes the 3rd batch which consisted of all Female BDU sets plus the add-on orders. If you have a "*" this means you have a balance and the order is being held up for the balance to clear.

For intends & purposes -- we are winding down this thread. I don't expect many more posts coming from myself. If you have issues you can post them here. All orders as of this writing is underway and will get to their destinations in due time as before.

Thanks~! ;)

ORDER RECEIVING QUEUE
----------------------------
1. badhatharry x 2 (Male 2), +, X
2. Lieutenant Dan x 2 (Male 2), +, X
3. The Great Shaggy x 5 (Male 3, Female 2), +, X
4. formica99 x 5 (Male 4, Female 1), +, X
5. spaceout x 7 (Male 7), +, X
6. Jediguy x 5 (Male 4, Female 1), +, X
7. Wild Geese x 2 (Male 2), *, +, X
8. Dutch Azalon x 6 (M 4, F 2), +, X
9. Sgt. Adams Colonial Marines x 2, +, X
10. Spellbinder x 2, +, X
11. Valken x 6, (M 4, F 2), +, X
12. Spook_Nukem x 2, *, CANCELLED
13. Cpl Smith x 1, +, X
14. Cpl. Sheppard x 2, (M 1, F 1), *, +, X
15. Mudshark x 4, +, X
16. Doc x 2, *
17. gman666 x 2, *
18. FIDO x 1, *
19. gawnaday x 2, (F 2), *
20. cdn_rhino x 5, (M 4, F 2), +, X
----------------------------
66 of 30 minimum confirmed
ORDER QUEUE CLOSED.

Female Sized BDUs Total: 13 sets

BTW -- we did run out of helmet covers so some peeps' last shipment did not get them (we had may be 10 left). More will be sewn up to make up for the BDUs which shipped W/O covers. Please be aware that we originally intended to sell the covers separately but since there was such a long lag in the fabrication of these as we met so much trouble on this run -- we wound up throwing them in. But please don't considered these as free pieces and I prefer to not see these wound up being sold off for a coupla three bucks; we rather they see the bottom of trash bins instead.

Obviously -- once you got them, you can do as you will. But just know up front that we would take that as insult to injury as those are revenue dollars that we let go of in tribute to having you guys wait through the delays.

Hence if you don't need anymore of the covers than you can use, as on film -- not every Marine wore a helmet cover, and you can live W/O them -- would you please let us know that (we'll know who needs them when you PM us). But like I say I sure wouldn't appreciate it too much if I see them winding up on forum trade boards or other venues -- I'd consider that kind of an abuse of the extra step we went to please the customer in this case.

Hope you guys understand what I am saying here .. Tnx!

Last edited:
If you look at this run, that's more than 70 covers we had to match orders up with. In theory if we sold them for $3 a piece, we fore gone over USD200 in tribute to the long wait to sort thru the messay process of getting these made. Also, when you think about it -- that's 70 helmet covers that in theory we just released out there, and so it goes to be mentioned first -- we hope you guys don't abuse our policy by re-selling the complimentary covers. In our book, that's 2 No No's -- 1). The cover is made for customers who custom order with us and had to wait so many months, 2). By selling out from under us when your cost is ZERO -- in my book, that would be uber un-cool. I'm just saying though .. so we don't see some conflict down the road.

Word~! ;)

If you have any issues at all with your order, go ahead and post them here or contact me by PM. For all intents & purposes this thread is being put to bed.

HOWEVER, I'd like to notify everyone interested in USCM 1/6 scale; we will be starting new threads on the USCM to include ways to get 100% accurate factory-made patches, VP-70 holsters, real canvas webbing set, and real aluminum 1/6 armor. Stay tuned~! ;)

Last edited:
I sent you a PM regarding My female BDU order. I noticed on the outside of the package the set amount due x2 was noted though.

Last edited:
Can you maybe put instructions in this thread, for making good use of the helmet covers?.
Or any of you guys who allready used 1 or more helmet covers, maybe one of you can give me instructions?, to do this the right way.

Not understand your question. You mean how to apply the cover ? If so, you would take pot and liner apart and place the cover wet into the pot then reinsert the liner. If you are applying to HT's M10, I can't remember whether there was a removable liner .. I think not by memory, then you can use may be some white glue brushed onto the inside of a dry cover and see if you could glue it down. Mind you I haven't tried this. Using an elastic helmet band may also hold down the cover around the brim.

I personally don't worry about this type of thing becuz I use a DiD steel pot that has been modified to M10, since I didn't like the HT helmet for it's size, shape, and lack of liner.

Hi D-CHAOS, have sent you a pm re how I went about putting the cover on a HT helmet.
Some pics of the one I did:
DSC00001a.jpg

DSC00002a.jpg

DSC00003a.jpg

DSC00004a.jpg

DSC00005a.jpg

I still need to add the Hudson graffiti to this one sometime.

p.s. Many thanks for supplying them MAA. :D

My gosh thats impressive looking,nice job!

Hi D-CHAOS, have sent you a pm re how I went about putting the cover on a HT helmet.
Some pics of the one I did:
DSC00001a.jpg

DSC00002a.jpg

DSC00003a.jpg

DSC00004a.jpg

DSC00005a.jpg

I still need to add the Hudson graffiti to this one sometime.

p.s. Many thanks for supplying them MAA. :D

Thanks LT Dan & MAA!:hi5:, will make use of your info and pics.

Would like to see your helmet MAA, to see what makes yours better.
Understand your point about the size and shape, but the lack of liner, does not ring any bell.

I haven't looked at my HT Marines since they came out. Is there a separate liner which you can remove (inner helmet line containing the suspension straps) ?

Back