Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lets see, maybe because those were all good movies but a lot of the Fox X-Men movies have been flat-out bad? Both critically and commercially. X3, Wolverine Origins, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix in particular. Not exactly an equivalent comparison youre trying to make there. A better comparison would be how nobody currently really cares about getting figures of a Dean Cain or Brandon Routh Superman. Or another Andrew Garfield Spider-Man.

Like what you like, I was just saying how I dont see the appeal, and I also dont really see Hot Toys going backwards to make a bunch of those Fox figures when new, rebooted X-Men stuff will be coming out in the next few years anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How about the ones that were a commercial and critical success like Xmen, X2, Xmen First Class, Dofp and Logan?
Batman Forever doesn't seem to be very popular among a lot of fans but HT have still produced prototypes for figures from that film.

Looking at comments left on HT page about these cosbabies there is certainly interest in 1/6 figures from these films.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Lets see, maybe because those were all good movies but a lot of the Fox X-Men movies have been flat-out bad? Both critically and commercially. X3, Wolverine Origins, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix in particular. Not exactly an equivalent comparison youre trying to make there. A better comparison would be how nobody currently really cares about getting figures of a Dean Cain or Brandon Routh Superman. Or another Andrew Garfield Spider-Man.

Like what you like, I was just saying how I dont see the appeal, and I also dont really see Hot Toys going backwards to make a bunch of those Fox figures when new, rebooted X-Men stuff will be coming out in the next few years anyway.

And seriously you're actually comparing the Xmen films to a Superman tv show, a crappy Superman Returns movie and a Spider-man that already had 2 figures made of the character, so it isn't even an issue?

And seriously you're actually comparing the Xmen films to a Superman tv show, a crappy Superman Returns movie and a Spider-man that already had 2 figures made of the character, so it isn't even an issue?

Yes, I am exactly comparing the X-Men franchise to a low-budget production like a TV show as well as a Superman movie that many find bland, forgettable, and a big wasted opportunity. And like the Garfield Spider-Man, there have already been lots of figures made for many of these X-Men characters by third parties.

I mean, if the argument is that the X-Men movies were mediocre so why make figures of them, well gee, better throw all those Snyderverse figures in the trash, too, because those movies were warm dog crap.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I mean, if the argument is that the X-Men movies were mediocre so why make figures of them, well gee, better throw all those Snyderverse figures in the trash, too, because those movies were warm dog crap.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I wasnt even making that argument in my original response. Just saying that I am a little puzzled why there is still so much interest in Fox X-Men stuff, and that fans/collectors are very fickle so I am certain that most people will have completely moved on from these versions of the X-Men in a few years once the MCU starts doing them.

I am all for figures of whatever getting made, makes no difference to me. I have owned the Gangster Kingdom and Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine figures. I would consider buying a Hot Toys Logan, but when the by far best movie in your franchise is the one film most disconnected from all the other movies of the main storyline, that is an issue. I was just making the point that I think in retrospect once the new movies get made a lot of people wont care too much about these Fox versions, much like not too many people now care about a Routh Superman or Garfield Spider-Man.

Also, all the comparisons to Batman stuff makes no sense to me. Batman is literally one of the two or three most popular superheroes worldwide and has been for decades, the market and interest is there for toys/collectibles for any version of that character.

I would def be interested in a Logan figure for sure by HTs...hopefully not in the suit though...him a beater outfit would be preferable as long as ugly joints aren't a thing.

The rest of the X-Men...eh, not so much. I'm forward looking, so I'd like to see what the MCU X-Men brings.

I wasnt even making that argument in my original response. Just saying that I am a little puzzled why there is still so much interest in Fox X-Men stuff, and that fans/collectors are very fickle so I am certain that most people will have completely moved on from these versions of the X-Men in a few years once the MCU starts doing them.

I am all for figures of whatever getting made, makes no difference to me. I have owned the Gangster Kingdom and Hot Toys DOFP Wolverine figures. I would consider buying a Hot Toys Logan, but when the by far best movie in your franchise is the one film most disconnected from all the other movies of the main storyline, that is an issue. I was just making the point that I think in retrospect once the new movies get made a lot of people wont care too much about these Fox versions, much like not too many people now care about a Routh Superman or Garfield Spider-Man.

Also, all the comparisons to Batman stuff makes no sense to me. Batman is literally one of the two or three most popular superheroes worldwide and has been for decades, the market and interest is there for toys/collectibles for any version of that character.

I've loved the X-Men movies. X-2 is still better than Logan to me. It's all people's opinions, honestly to me none of them have been fantastic game changing movies, but I really enjoyed Dark Phoenix way more than I anticipated. It had a lot of comic book mutant action, which is what I want from a comic book movie. I don't care too much about being close to source mateiral. We're 40+ years at this point from a lot of the "classic" X-Men stories.

The other thing is whatever will be introduced in the MCU will not be anything like the comic X-Men. I can't imagine anything will be similar to the civil rights issues of the original comic series. Being a decade+ into the MCU, whatever they introduce will basically be an afterthought, or at worst shoehorned in. For instance, you're not going to get an 80+ year old Wolverine who may have fought in WW1. You're not going to get an Apocalypse who's 5000 years old. Retro-actively introducing all that now in the MCU would seem super stupid to me. Like wtf were these guys doing for the last 10-15 years then?

Plus if you're talking popularity, you can't deny a lot of the movies did well and IMO Hugh Jackman is right behind RDJ and Chris Evans in terms of Star+comic character person. Jackman may even be above Evans to some.

I've loved the X-Men movies. X-2 is still better than Logan to me. It's all people's opinions, honestly to me none of them have been fantastic game changing movies, but I really enjoyed Dark Phoenix way more than I anticipated. It had a lot of comic book mutant action, which is what I want from a comic book movie. I don't care too much about being close to source mateiral. We're 40+ years at this point from a lot of the "classic" X-Men stories.

The other thing is whatever will be introduced in the MCU will not be anything like the comic X-Men. I can't imagine anything will be similar to the civil rights issues of the original comic series. Being a decade+ into the MCU, whatever they introduce will basically be an afterthought, or at worst shoehorned in. For instance, you're not going to get an 80+ year old Wolverine who may have fought in WW1. You're not going to get an Apocalypse who's 5000 years old. Retro-actively introducing all that now in the MCU would seem super stupid to me. Like wtf were these guys doing for the last 10-15 years then?

Plus if you're talking popularity, you can't deny a lot of the movies did well and IMO Hugh Jackman is right behind RDJ and Chris Evans in terms of Star+comic character person. Jackman may even be above Evans to some.

Definitely see your point. All the civil rights stuff certainly does not seem like it will fit in the MCU world they have established, unless it is something that comes out of the aftermath of Endgame (I also have always thought that just having some people return from the snap as mutants would be an easy way to introduce them into the MCU).

As a non-comic reader, I have often wondered why mutants specifically in the comics are discriminated against, yet none of the other people with super powers like Captain America or Fantastic Four are? Or am I missing something? As I said, not much of a comic reader. I do think Jackman, Stewart, and McKellans portrayals will stand the test of time, especially with how important those first two movies were at the time, but unfortunately their talents were since wasted in many pretty average to bad movies. Otherwise, who is really going to remember Tye Sheridans iconic version of Cyclops, or Nicholas Hoults version of Beast (who just looked like Nicholas Hoult for 90% of the time)?

I will also just appreciate that the X-Men stories should finally have some semblance of a coherent timeline in the MCU, even if they are way different than in the comics.

Having seen every X-Men film in theaters, I would say I was also pleasantly surprised at many moments in Dark Phoenix, but I still walked away thinking -That was by far the worst X-Men movie. I think Apocalypse is easily the second worst, but everything else to me has been an amazing journey.

X-2, DoFP, and Logan are definitely the peaks I identify (and both Deadpools) but its a divisive franchise for good reasons. X-3 was the end of what was originally planned but always uncertain, so the bold choices it made were more effective with general audiences and less so with fans who couldnt process seeing their favorite characters obliterated (figuratively and literally). I have honestly always loved X-3 and have been bashed accordingly for it.

Everything after that trilogy seems improvised and pulled in different directions (for better and for worse) meanwhile the MCU arises to spoil fans with unprecedented continuity. I will always love the X-Men films and particularly the Jackman as its centerpiece, so bring on whatever figures can be made (but most likely wont) regardless of what the future might hold.

Also, The New Mutants is still part of the FoX-Men and its not even out...

I really think the appearance of x men is going to be something strongly based on the ultimate universe comics.

In fact, there are several things that the MCU can copy the comics for, for example, answering some questions that you raised:
Wolverine may be a hundred years old, in fact he appears in "the first Avenger" movie without credits or they can make him a Vietnam War veteran (a Rambo-like character).
Magneto may also appear during the second world war, as it is one of the guinea pigs of the super soldier serum.
Apocalypse could be linked to the Eternals, explaining his absence during the years of the MCU's history.
The very question of the absence of x-men or mutants in general could be something related to memory erasure or even the x-men (the first class) started in the 90s, something went wrong and they disappear in the next 20 years.
Cyclops in the 90s would be 15, 20 years later he would be only 35 (ideal age for a team leader). The first team can be something like magneto, xavier, mystique, cyclops, storm, beast and some older characters to appear as mentor figures of younger characters, like ice man, Kitty, colossus in the MCU present.

I've gotten around to putting together a forest battle Logan! I initially wanted to paint it bloodied up (though I'm a novice painter), however, I think having a figure with so much 'blood' would be a bit morbid, so I opted not to.

FzEtMx0.jpg

xSp8iVd.jpg

FzWpCAw.jpg

LDQbXcT.jpg

kHrfkuj.jpg

D38n0E6.jpg

RHuAAfM.jpg

X7GyNFN.jpg

fcsWQJV.jpg

Back