Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HYPE!!!!!!!

Maybe they didn't make one because of the acquisition happening at the time. I've been waiting years for this, come on, 1/6 Logan don't let me down!! DX it.

The hype is real!

I've learned not to get hyped at all anymore. Take each new reveal as it comes and even then with a grain of salt.

quote-i-found-that-if-you-have-a-goal-that-you-might-not-reach-it-but-if-you-don-t-have-one-vinc.jpg

I wouldnt assume the production of a Cosbaby means anything as far as whether a real figure is coming, sadly.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

I wouldnt assume the production of a Cosbaby means anything as far as whether a real figure is coming, sadly.

Nothing they say means anything anymore until something goes up for preorder. Their customer base has totally lost all faith in them.

You sound like someone who gets disappointed a lot.

Nah, I get hyped a lot and also enjoy most things, rarely disappointed. I create my own hype for these things, I have no right to be angry or disappointed by things that were never promised.

Besides, if these things don't reveal there's other things I'm interested in. I'm hyped at the potential, I have fun and excitement regardless.

HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT!!!

Nothing they say means anything anymore until something goes up for preorder. Their customer base has totally lost all faith in them.

It would be nice if they would just be more communicative with their customers. I understand that licensing and license holders can make that tricky but a little bit of communication goes a long ways.

Nah, I get hyped a lot and also enjoy most things, rarely disappointed. I create my own hype for these things, I have no right to be angry or disappointed by things that were never promised.

Besides, if these things don't reveal there's other things I'm interested in. I'm hyped at the potential, I have fun and excitement regardless.

HYPE TRAIN HAS LEFT!!!

Now you sound like someone who dusts their frosted flakes with cocaine every morning.

:lol

It would be nice if they would just be more communicative with their customers. I understand that licensing and license holders can make that tricky but a little bit of communication goes a long ways.
Yep, this is exactly the problem. Hot Toys never says ANYTHING, and in that void you get fans making up their own (sometimes comically unlikely) narratives.

I suggest everyone read NECA's Twitter. They demystify this process a great deal and often talk about why a seemingly obvious figure isn't getting made. I wish Hot Toys had that transparency.

Not that I don't appreciate the efforts, but am I the only person NOT excited by Hot Toys potentially being allowed to make characters from Fox's X-men? I do realize that I'm probably one of the few people out there that thought Logan was pretty "meh".

I was skeptical about the rumors because I didn't think they'd bother committing to what is essentially a dead franchise. But now seeing all the cosbaby reveals, I'm believing it may be true.

Personally I'm glad that franchise is dead because the only X-men movie I really enjoyed throughly was DOFP. The rest were all disappointing in some major way... AND they turned my favorite x-men villain, apocalypse, into a pathetic parody of what he should have been, and I haven't forgiven them since.

[emoji38] sorry for the rant. I'm done.

Not that I don't appreciate the efforts, but am I the only person NOT excited by Hot Toys potentially being allowed to make characters from Fox's X-men?

I thought I wouldn't be interested but the recent Fox X-men Marvel Legends reveal brought some pretty strong nostalgia to the surface that I wasn't aware of. I'd be curious to see what HT 1/6 offerings would look like.

Though I'm incredibly skeptical that anything will actually materialize.

The only Fox-era figure I would buy is Logan. Maybe X-23.

Not that I don't appreciate the efforts, but am I the only person NOT excited by Hot Toys potentially being allowed to make characters from Fox's X-men?

I understand, but personally I love the Fox-Men and it would be an amazing breathe of fresh air after being bombarded with Disney MCU figures.

Figures from these movies are long overdue.

Not that I don't appreciate the efforts, but am I the only person NOT excited by Hot Toys potentially being allowed to make characters from Fox's X-men? I do realize that I'm probably one of the few people out there that thought Logan was pretty "meh".

I was skeptical about the rumors because I didn't think they'd bother committing to what is essentially a dead franchise. But now seeing all the cosbaby reveals, I'm believing it may be true.

Personally I'm glad that franchise is dead because the only X-men movie I really enjoyed throughly was DOFP. The rest were all disappointing in some major way... AND they turned my favorite x-men villain, apocalypse, into a pathetic parody of what he should have been, and I haven't forgiven them since.

[emoji38] sorry for the rant. I'm done.

I am like 1000% with you on this. I just do not get it either. Also, these versions of the characters will be an afterthought 10 years from now once they have all been recast in the MCU and in what I expect to be much stronger films.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sure it'd be great if they did one, but I've had great customs using the Eleven headsculpts for a couple years now.

It's hardly surprising...Disney prevented merchandising for this franchise, but now that they own it, they'll allow things to be made.

Nothing wrong with people enjoying this iteration of X-Men and then enjoying the future versions with Marvel. Afterall, there have been multiple versions of Batman made and all of them are contined to be loved by fans.

I already have a Logan figure, but would welcome anything new that HT ends up making.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am like 1000% with you on this. I just do not get it either. Also, these versions of the characters will be an afterthought 10 years from now once they have all been recast in the MCU and in what I expect to be much stronger films.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why but anything from Batman 89 and Returns when there's the Dark Knight trilogy? Your comment makes zero sense.

Why but anything from Batman 89 and Returns when there's the Dark Knight trilogy? Your comment makes zero sense.

Lets see, maybe because those were all good movies but a lot of the Fox X-Men movies have been flat-out bad? Both critically and commercially. X3, Wolverine Origins, Apocalypse, Dark Phoenix in particular. Not exactly an equivalent comparison youre trying to make there. A better comparison would be how nobody currently really cares about getting figures of a Dean Cain or Brandon Routh Superman. Or another Andrew Garfield Spider-Man.

Like what you like, I was just saying how I dont see the appeal, and I also dont really see Hot Toys going backwards to make a bunch of those Fox figures when new, rebooted X-Men stuff will be coming out in the next few years anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back