Logan (2017) Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. I don’t need holographic/neon/battle damaged/die-cast iron mans mark 1-5000, and then 2.0 and 3.0 versions. I miss the old days when Hot Toys would make figures other than Star Wars and Marvel. Unless more is revealed this weekend, this might be the weakest CC for collectibles yet.

Cable is the only interesting announcement to me so far, and even then I don't know if he's a must-have.

Hands-down the worst Comic Con to date.

The cable is pretty bitchin', but I dont need it. I will definitely get 2099 Spider-Man, and probably CW Obi-Wan... but yeah, its a pretty disappointing crop of figures.

No new IPs, 95% Dinsey, only ONE DC figure.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

And the one DC figure isn't even really a new announcement - it was shown months ago alongside that golden Wonder Woman - but it was using the Justice League head.

c38aa3e05fc7d26eabca1bec706205fd.jpg

It's also what the licensor wants. It's still Disney that owns this stuff. There's a guy who works for Marvel/Disney in some FB groups and for the Deadpool Marvel Legends figures he said that the ones that went up are one and done and not to expect too many more Fox movie figures.

Nah, they’ve been brought into Disney+ now. They’re fair game again. The R rated Deadpool and Logan could be one and dones though.

They're fair game, but they still need approval from the license holder. If Disney doesn't want stuff from those movies made, they won't allow it. I think especially since they plan on re-doing X-Men in the MCU somehow. There's only so much they'll keep.

I have no idea about Hot Toys, but the Marvel Legends team said in a recent interview that a major factor in them making Fox X-Men figures is that unlike the other big Marvel franchises like Spider-Man, the Avengers and their various characters (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Black Panther, ect.) and the Guardians, the X-Men don't currently have a forthcoming MCU film to tie into. They also said more are possible if the initial few sell enough.

I have no idea if the same goes for Hot Toys, but the comment about having a window to revisit the old X-Men movies because it'll be a few years until Marvel does their reboot stood out to me.

It's also what the licensor wants. It's still Disney that owns this stuff. There's a guy who works for Marvel/Disney in some FB groups and for the Deadpool Marvel Legends figures he said that the ones that went up are one and done and not to expect too many more Fox movie figures.

That would be a huge bummer if we don't get a Colossus from Deadpool at least. I really hope that isn't true - there's still so much they could do with the Fox movies. :monkey2

That would really be a boneheaded decision. Can't wait for solid cases of Eternals figures to flood pegs, since that's probably what the licensor wants.

The FoXmen's future will wholly depend on their performance at retail. Doesn't matter what Disney thinks if it prints money. If money rolls in, then they'll fund a second set of Legends and potentially other merch.

I've gotten around to putting together a forest battle Logan! I initially wanted to paint it bloodied up (though I'm a novice painter), however, I think having a figure with so much 'blood' would be a bit morbid, so I opted not to.

FzEtMx0.jpg

Looks great! My favorite part of the movie! Don?t own them but I?ve always liked SooSoo Toys? Logan sculpts the most. Eleven & Soosoo have the best ones imo. I?ve had my Logan?s for like 2yrs and I?ve yet to finish my forest ver. Bc the outfit I got the jeans are too light, they?re too short for the Ganghood body, and the boots I have are meh :( lol
Anyways, nice! [emoji1417]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! My favorite part of the movie! Don?t own them but I?ve always liked SooSoo Toys? Logan sculpts the most. Eleven & Soosoo have the best ones imo. I?ve had my Logan?s for like 2yrs and I?ve yet to finish my forest ver. Bc the outfit I got the jeans are too light, they?re too short for the Ganghood body, and the boots I have are meh :( lol
Anyways, nice! [emoji1417]

Thanks! Yeah I've been meaning to put together the final forest battle look, just needed some 1/6 jeans lol. Yeah the SooSoo sculpt is great in hand, I was able to get it loose from TA way back ha Now I'm just going back and forth wether or not to paint blood on it lol

I?ve been in need for some jeans for a long while now too!
9f3df76422a3bdb9a1be6a3915814ff5.jpg

This is what I?m working with...

The tank top & jeans came together. The boots separate but all from eBay. Tank top is perfect but jeans are too light and tight around the ankles so they don?t cover the boots, which end up looking like awkward highwaters. Boots aren?t accurate.

Anyone know if there are any jeans around like eleven?s [emoji3166]
Or anything more accurate than what?s on eBay?
6f4146cbc170ecc9cd84a2bc8fc689c4.jpg

I?ll check again but I can?t find anything good :/

My Logan (Noir) custom. Mostly parts from Eleven's figure with a couple of Burning Soul parts in there too.

oOKgjnI.jpg

I was happy with the worldbox body I was using, but I chanced upon an aci body which I think works a bit better as it's a tad less bulky than the worldbox, and since Logan appeared a little less built (compared to The Wolverine) and sickly.

h6mdNV8.jpg

3eqUhKN.jpg

eUzQYQ6.jpg

I was happy with the worldbox body I was using, but I chanced upon an aci body which I think works a bit better as it's a tad less bulky than the worldbox, and since Logan appeared a little less built (compared to The Wolverine) and sickly.

h6mdNV8.jpg

3eqUhKN.jpg

eUzQYQ6.jpg

Been thinking about picking up this for awhile... hmmm

Back