Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

I particularly like the keg. I'll probably put that in the Bag End environment.

Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

The bagged one with Frodo I can't get online. It's only available in store.

I hate living in the boonies. :(

I didn't see that one today either, but if they do get it back in stock I'll grab you one. It's a cool little set.

I'll take a look, too. It's a must!

I particularly like the keg. I'll probably put that in the Bag End environment.

I was thinking the same thing.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Now I just need Bag End...

IMG_2759.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, I broke down at bought Bag End at Toys R Us. Used the Buy one get one with a City set and Bag end cost me $39.99!!! :rock :rock

And I'm sure you overpaid on the City set to get a great deal on Bag End.

Actually the city set was at the regular retail price!!! :horror:horror

It used to go for $99.99 on the LEGO store, and is now retired. TRU had it for $99.99. So I guess if paying the actual retail price is overpaying, then I overpaid!!! :horror:horror
I think I may have overpaid on the Hobbit set cause that is $69.99 but they had it for $79.99. :(

This is the city set i got, btw.
https://shop.lego.com/en-US/Public-Transport-Station-8404

I got that one, but isnt it the same figure as the wagon set? should have just bought that.

I couldn't find the frodo polybag, nor the mirwood elf. Tru was a mad house.

Yeah, same Gandalf.

I already have the Gandalf Arrives set so didn't get that one. I have the Frodo bag, too. I watched a review on Brickshow .com that stated one of the elves in the Barrel Escape (I think?) set is the same as the one from the Mirkwood polybag.

Still, the polybags are so cheap they are hard to resist.

Would have been nice if the polybag Elf had a green cape. I would have bought a few of them, I'd like to have 8 Fellowship members with capes. Not sure why it would have a hood and not a cape/cloak.

Instead, I passed on it. Only elves I have so far is Legolas (Moira), Haldir (Helms Deep) and the Elrond exclusive. I didn't even bother opening Elrond since the blue cape is Hobbit sized.

The Elf figures have been pretty disappointing so far, especially Legolas. It sucks that they didn't find a way to incorporate the quiver with his hair piece. I'm sure they could have done something.

Back