Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

IMG_2700.jpg

Toys R Us just got em. Legos are also 50% off at Toys R Us this week.

Yeah, it's buy one get one 50% off. Sorry about that.

And I'm thinking of picking up Bag End in the coming weeks, I'll tell you how it is. Seems like the best Hobbit set so far.

Not sure if I want Gandalf, Bilbo, Balin, Dwalin, Bofur, and Bombur though. I'm thinking of selling them. I want the set specifically for my Lord of the Rings lego sets (Bag End would go really well with the Gandalf's Arrival cart, Frodo and the other hobbits). Not sure if I want to commit to a Hobbit themed collection.

Yeah, I like having the ability to use Bag End for a Hobbit or LOTR display. At this point it might be the only one I get... I still need to get my wife a Christmas list and I figure it's going to be pretty Lego heavy.

Yeah, it's buy one get one 50% off. Sorry about that.

And I'm thinking of picking up Bag End in the coming weeks, I'll tell you how it is. Seems like the best Hobbit set so far.

Not sure if I want Gandalf, Bilbo, Balin, Dwalin, Bofur, and Bombur though. I'm thinking of selling them. I want the set specifically for my Lord of the Rings lego sets (Bag End would go really well with the Gandalf's Arrival cart, Frodo and the other hobbits). Not sure if I want to commit to a Hobbit themed collection.

I was thinking the exact same thing :hi5:

Unsure if others got this deal but if you entered Sideshow's Christmas Wishlist contest on Facebook they sent you a 10 dollar gift certificate for entering. My first thought was to use this on the Shelob set to get it for half off, but shipping was 10 dollars. Today they are running free shipping on several LOTR Lego sets, and it stacks with the coupon. I opted for the Helm's Deep set which I got for 19.99 shipped. The Shelob set would be $9.99 shipped. Not bad either way.

Getting Unexpected Gathering Next week...

I really wonder what the demand for these will be once the film takes off...might be a hard set to find for cheap...at least for a while...I think they will fly of the shelves when kids etc see the film...IMHO

In my experience Lego is rarely ever hard to find, unlike say Hasbro Star Wars figures which may never even come to your area.

Yeah, Legos are pretty easy to find for the most part, some store exclusives being the sole exception. They make them for a good year before retiring an item. So even if they get rare for Christmas, there will be plenty later.

Walmart had the lego sets today. I picked up smallest set for now. I'll have to check TRU now.

Back