Lego DC Superheroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Lego DC 2013!!!

That's pimp, I can't wait to get mine I plan on making a few Lego Purchases soon so we will see!

Picked up all 3 Superman sets 2day and got Jor-El. :)

582A4B78-1118-42DD-9404-E36DCDF85E5A-17700-00001DDCEC9391B7_zps07ef8eb3.jpg

269CD33E-9336-488F-A2A1-82C84006F960-17700-00001DDCF3AA4D61_zps4d1705ea.jpg

Got my 3 sets (plus Jor El) today.

I have the previous Supes/WW/Lex set. Since I now have 3 identical MoS Superman minifigures I swapped the head with my original Supes. I was using the default "stoic" face on my classic Supes and that face is reused on the MoS Supes so now I have my same old stoic classic Supes and 3 MoS Supes with different faces (stoic, heat vision and smirking)

I was also able to get a similar variety out of the triplicate Zods: regular, heat vision and armored.

It's a shame you can't display Faora with and without armor (and hers is slightly differen than Zod's) though as I write this it occurs to me that one could easily fudge that 3rd Kryptonian villain into an armored Faora as the armor obscures her face and crest. (Edit: grr they actually have gender-specific tampos so so much for that)

But yeah, these are definitely sets where the minifigures are the main draw. I can't say the actual sets are a home-run. I mean, I like Zod's ship and the escape pod but the other stuff is pretty forgettable.

So there is no DC movie scheduled for 2014, right? If so, I hope LEGO makes lots of comic based sets next year. We need Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter soon and not as SDCC exclusives.

Nope. Stinks. You can either have them not wear the armor or wear the armor with the helmets. I don't even know why they made the helmets removable.

That sucks. Zod spends most of his time in the armour but without the helmet. They could've chopped off part of the hairpiece to make them fit

Or finally invested in a new hairpiece. Both he and Hawkeye have highly inaccurate hair. They got the slicked back hair when both had had combed forward :slap Hawkeye's up and Zod's down. Both could have been great new hairpieces with a lot of use IMO. Instead they give Zod and Fauora two new armor pieces they'll probably only use this once :rolleyes:

LEGO movie!!! It has the DC characters!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPnY2NjSjrg[/ame]

If any of you guys pick this up and don't want it let me know...

Not sure I can buy one straight out.

LEGO-30166-Robin-and-Redbird-Cycle-Super-Heroes-Toysnbricks.jpg

To those who have the Battle for Smallville. Can you put the hair on the figures while they're wearing their armour?

You can get Faora's hair on her with her armor on. You just don't fully push her head down on the neck peg and it works, and she doesn't look awkward either. Zod can't do it without there being a gap though. His hair is totally wrong anyway and looks decent bald in the armor. I mean if Hardy's hair = bald in Lego, then no hair for Zod is just as close as slicked back hair when his was combed forward :lol

Lego seriously needs to develop a forward combed hair. They gave Hawkeye the same kind of wrong hair and its just unacceptable when they are willing to give Zod and Faora different armor pieces. I mean how often are those things going to get reused as opposed to a clearly popular hairstyle :slap

You can get Faora's hair on her with her armor on. You just don't fully push her head down on the neck peg and it works, and she doesn't look awkward either. Zod can't do it without there being a gap though. His hair is totally wrong anyway and looks decent bald in the armor. I mean if Hardy's hair = bald in Lego, then no hair for Zod is just as close as slicked back hair when his was combed forward :lol

Lego seriously needs to develop a forward combed hair. They gave Hawkeye the same kind of wrong hair and its just unacceptable when they are willing to give Zod and Faora different armor pieces. I mean how often are those things going to get reused as opposed to a clearly popular hairstyle :slap

Yep, could instantly be used for a caesar/centurion type for the next Lego blindbag series as well.

Back