Last stand at benzin plateau 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

While on patrol in the Benzin Plateau the 168th Recon Squadron come under attack by a horde of Tusken raiders, taken by surprise the 168th loose a number of men.
Realizing that his out manned the captain orders his men into a defensive position which is a futile attempt as this will there Last Stand. All the figures and base were painted and weathered using Valejo and GW paints and pastels.

RECIPE

The figures - The Troopers are a mix of Hasbro's Sandtroopers and Stormtroopers and have been glued at the joints and then the joints have been puttied up. The Tusken Raider is also from Hasbro and and has been glued into position.

The flag I made on PSP6 and then printed off and the pole is from the bits box, the writing on the flad was done by a SW font and the top reads ( 168th Recon Squadron) and the bottom reads (Empire before all else).

The Base - Is a picture frame from a two dollar shop and the sand/rocky base is a mixture of plaster, sand and kitty litter.

ls5.jpg

ls6.jpg

ls1.jpg

ls2.jpg

ls3.jpg

ls4.jpg

Ron

That's pretty freakin awesome! Where's the backstory from? Did you make it up yourself?

Also, why glue/putty the joints into place? Could be fun to have a poseable diorama...:naughty

Hi All

the dude person - Appreciate the feedback mate thank you and the story I made up, I like to have a story behind my dio's when I can.

As for doing the joints I think it's due to when I do military models I like the statue type dios.

Ryan1982 - Mate thanks for the kind words and glad you are enjoying my work.

Ron

Kitty litter idea officially stolen :)

Although I can imagine Im gonna get some looks when I start slyly opening up kitty litte bags in my local supermarkets looking for just the right mixture

great work as always ron. your dios always tell a story.

Hi All

the dude person - Appreciate the feedback mate thank you and the story I made up, I like to have a story behind my dio's when I can.

As for doing the joints I think it's due to when I do military models I like the statue type dios.

Ryan1982 - Mate thanks for the kind words and glad you are enjoying my work.

Ron

Thats a good story... maybe there should be an animated series about it! :D no seriously, sounds better than most Clone Wars episodes I've seen...

If I ever get bored and bring your story to life through computer animation (I actually do things like that once in a while), I'll be sure to tell you...Though for now, I'm working on other things... can't tell yet, don't want to spoil any surprises...

Anyway, really good dio, like how you always have creative ideas for making the bases... When most people think of picture frames and kitty litter, they don't think "Diorama Base!" :lol liked your Jawa and 1/6 zombie jones, keep up the good work! (arse kissing over :lol)

Really impressive work! And I'm glad that lsince 2 weeks ago I'm able to see your pictures and site, there were some problems before.

Very cool work. It brings two things to my mind:

1) Custer's last stand and

2) The flag-raising at Mount Suribachi.

Back