Action Figure Raiders German Troop Car

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been thinking of doing this vehicle for a long time now and finally decided to do it after watching Raiders on bluray. I decided not to give the vehicle any figures as I wanted to just show of the vehicle itself.

The vehicle and diorama were painted and weathered using Vallejo, GW paints and pastel chalks.

RECIPE

1: Vehicle is from the Hasbro Indiana Jones line and all in all not a bad representation of the movie vehicle. I made a few alterations by cutting the lights and mirrors off and removing the plastic/rubber holdings and adding new ones using plasticard and metal photo etched strips.

The seats and roof were covered with two layer of tissue paper by using diluted PVA glue. The MG34 machine was made by using the end of a Star Wars weapon (sorry can't remember which one) and the barrel of a Sandtrooper MG - 15 Blaster, the ammunition canister I used from a 1/18 German MG42.

The MG mount was made using plasticard and 1/35 scale parts I got from the bits box and I cut the right hand side windscreen simulating were the German soldier went thru it by using a model knife.

2: Base - The base was cut from some left over High Density foam I had lying around. The base was done by mixing 60% sand-40% plaster of paris and five tablespoons of PVA.

Once mixed I scribbed the foam with a model knife so the mixer would adhere better and then started applying the mixer to the base.

Once the mixer was added I started to use a damp medium size brush and spread out the mixer until I got the look I wanted, I used a flat head srewdriver and slightly pushed it into the mixer to simulate tyre tracks.

The mixer was left to dry and once dry it was painted, I added a few small tufts of grass which I got from Army Painter and the tall dry bundles of grass are bristles from and old paint brush which have been cut to size and then the bottoms glued and then inserted into the base and then painted.

Ron

Back