Action Figure Desert Convoy Chase 3-3/4"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All,

While I'm waiting for materials to arrive so I can build my 1/6 Boulder Chase diorama I decided that I would give Sideshows Pursuit of the Ark a go using a 3-3/4" Hasbro Deluxe horse figure. Once the diorama and figures were done they were both painted using Vallejo and GW paints and weathered using Vallejo Paints and Pastel Chalks.

RECIPE

1: Figure & Horse - The horse is from Hasbro's Indiana Jones Deluxe and the joints have been repositioned and superglued inplace and once the glue dried the joints were puttied up using Greenstuff. The saddle and stirrups are also from the deluxe set and have been repainted, the stirrups have had thins strips of leather added to them.

The bridle, reins and leather fasteners are again thins strips of leather cut and glued inplace and the small buckles on the bridle have been cut off the plastic deluxe set sanded down and glued inplace.

The figure is a combo of the legs and arms are from the Indy and Horse deluxe set, the torso is from the KOTCS Indy figure and the head is from the TOD Indy. The whip, belt/holster and bag are also from the Indy and Horse Deluxe set.

2: Base - The base I got from the local craft shop and the mound was built up using left over pieces of high density foam cut out to the desired shape and glue on the wooden base.

The sand is a 60/40 mix of sand (60%) and plaster of paris (40%) and five tablespoons of PVA added to the mix, once the whole mixer is ready I started dabbing it over the foam and then with an old brush I dabbed that into the mixer till I got the look I wanted.

Ron

Fantastic work as usual Ron. I really get a kick out of seeing your customs. Would love to see a pic of all your art on display.

Hey Guys

Here are the pics of what I have left, it's a bit like Old Mother Hubbards cupboard at the moment but slowly getting restocked.

Also if anyone is wondering the white box on top of the Ancient Waterfall dio is a 3-3/4" boulder chase dio I'm working on.

Also I'm thinking of making it a two in one dio, on the left hand side will be the boulder coming down chasing indy (no brainer for that).

The right hand side I will have Satipo killed by the spikes and was wondering do you think I should just have Satipo by himself or add Indy as well after he picked up the idol and getting ready to head thru the little passage way.

Now the pics.

Ron

Great stuff Ron, lots of room for more dios!

I always loved the 'property of Dr Jones' gear display, based on the painting, that you did.

Back